1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Watching Texans from NYC?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gatsby, Aug 14, 2012.

1. gatsby

gatsby Member

Hi all,

I recently moved up to NYC and want to watch my Texans up here. Does anyone know if there's a specific channel I can order so I can watch the Texans' games? (I have Verizon Fios). I know there is the RedZone thing, but I was hoping I could pay for a specific package that would let me watch all of them.

Anyone around the country have suggestions for how to watch the games?

Thanks.

2. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

I live in the NYC area and can tell you the only way to watch the Texans outside of DirecTV is the Internet. For each game you can find a live stream. Not ideal, but at least you can watch.

3. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

just go to a big sports bar, they show most games.

4. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I was in Seattle for 2 weeks last season and had no problem finding the games. Any sports bar/restaurant with multiple TV's should have them.

5. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Slingbox

6. E_Saiyan

E_Saiyan Member

If you have a PS3, you could pay for Sunday Ticket without having directv. I did it last season, and it worked pretty well as long as you have decent internet speed.

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

At least we have five national TV games this season.

8. platypus

platypus Member

I watch most games in the firstrow, it works everywhere.

9. HorryUpandBuy

HorryUpandBuy Member

Theres one bar in NYC that calls itself the home of the Houston Texans in NYC Idle Hands bar, it got pretty busy there with Texans faithful during playoff run. I live in NJ and watch at my local bar with Sunday ticket, could spring for the ticket at home, but prefer to put on gear and watch among the Giants and Jets fans and pickup a few Texans backers while we made our run last year. If you make it over to Westfield NJ on a Sunday will be in The Office bar with Texans gear.

10. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

The idle hands is good for the Texans but not that goods for having other screens to watch the other games for the 1pm starts. It does have sound just like hill country bbq