1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey on SportsTalk 790

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Aug 10, 2012.

1. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

I wish Matt had asked Morey if he tried to go after Bynum or whether his knees scared them off.

2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

For what its worth that crossed my mind.

3. prs325

prs325 Member

If we get a sniff of the playoffs somehow, it means that 1 or 2 players from the core emerged. Now this becomes interesting since the following year were adding a couple more foundational pieces through draft pick/s, Llull, a trade (wishful thinking) or free agency (wishful thinking again).

But at least the organization has a clear direction of where the team is headed and let the rooms develop.

4. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

D-Mo & Patterson at center, yay!

:(

5. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

Omer Asik is supposed to be our starting center.

6. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Obviously.

I was talking about who gets to play backup center, as was Morey.

7. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

Ah, right. From Feigen articles and summer league interviews with the coaches, it seemed that Patterson was being tapped to play center over Motie. McHale seemed more keen on keeping Donuts at the 4.

8. DimeDropper

DimeDropper Member

Nice of him to be gravy-training in London while Howard was lost.

What a pathetic tool he is!

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Patterson at center is a complete joke. They better go get another center with Asik... Telling you right now Asik will pick up 6 fouls before he gets 6 rebounds.

1 person likes this.
  10. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Agree. I am all for letting the kids play but i have always hated the sliding one of our pfs over. Even though there are few true Cs left in the game, we get killed doing that. We need to get a true young TALL C even if they stink. Moving a PF over doesn't help the team or the player.

11. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Fesenko's a possibility.

12. conquistador#11

I think one of three things happened.
    1. Like otto suggested in one of the million threads, magic's godfather kept his word and asked Hennigan to grant lady dwight's wish.

2. DM the GM feels really good about the youngsters lamb and demo.

3.The commissar sent a dead fish to Lex alexander and made a handshake deal with Orlando for the first pick.

It's the nba where bulls**t happens.

Either way, it was a fun summer talking basketball in the garm.

13. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

If only Morey had this mobile device while in London that would allow him to stay in contact with Hennigan and others just the same as if he were in his Toyota Center office. Maybe it could even allow him to type and receive written messages, too! If only... :rolleyes:

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

at least he could have written to him what idiocy Hennigan was about to commit

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I said trade him to the Toyota Center...Not the Toyota Sports Center. Your fired Hennigan...
    - ORL Owner

16. awarde2

awarde2 Member

I think Morey has been briefed about what is really going on with Howard's back and Bynum's knees, and they are not good prognosis. Also ,I think he talked to both GM's about the players attitudes, and I think that made Morey's decision not pursue it any further. Howard has become a drama queen at best, and you can imagine what kind of attitude that he have brought to the Rockets because he didn't want to be there. Also Bynum is a big kid, who plays well when he wants to, and also he is 24 years old with bad knees. Also Rockets are in the mode of rebuilding and they need to be on one accord as a team. Insert a superstar who doesn't want to be there, or one who won't listen the coach would have caused distraction among the players and would have been counter productive to the rebuild. I for one am happy with our young team.I say LET THE KID's PLAY!!

17. butterball

butterball Member

I didn't think it was so far-fetched to think the playoffs were out of reach so its heartening that Daryl Morey feels the same. While the Lakers go into the season over-hyped, we'll go into this season severely underrated. We'll surprise some people for sure.

People are really upset on striking out on Dwight. I feel like we just dodged a metro bus.

18. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Hopefully we do get another center to back-up Asik. Go for Oden plz. Low-risk high reward guy over there!

19. Rockets_4_life

Yeah, personally I'm hoping D-Mo gets the starting PF spot. Making P-Patt the back-up center.

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

one moment I was on getting that Morey face without it being posted yet, the next moment this thread is about 10 posts ahead of me.

I'm getting slow.