1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DONE DEAL: Dwight Howard to Lakers, Bynum to Philly, Iggy to DEN, Garbage to ORL

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm sure Morey knows better, but he doesn't own the team. You know how Morey said he didn't believe anything coming out of New York about the Knicks not matching Lin until it was done? That's how I feel about Les Alexander and rebuilding... after 3 years of a botched "rebuilding without losing" philosophy, I'll believe it when I see it.

The Rockets would be wise to tell Orlando to have fun with Gasol and Afflalo or whatever package they can come up with without Houston involved, but Morey will still need to do something with Kevin Martin and their lopsided roster.

I think yobod summed up how I feel perfectly.

Pau is an expensive win-now piece that gives you a very small window of opportunity. Given the stage the Rockets are in (or SHOULD be in), he would be a disaster on all fronts, in my view -- he would take young talent or picks off your list of "assets" in order to get him, he takes playing time away from the young bigs, he impacts the win-loss column which hurts your draft pick.

2. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

I wasn't trying to imply that it wouldn't work salary wise -- it does -- I just have no clue how Iggy by himself lands you Bynum.

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

yawn. Nothing to see here folks. Orlando is not gonna trade Dwight Howard for Gasol, and overpaid Aaron Affalo, and couple of late 1st round picks.

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

once again...to all the posters out there...ORL is trying to max out on a deal with Houston...and Morey will not budge...the offer that the Rockets have(and no one really knows what it is...) is the best the Rockets will do..and they are very content on staying the course...

Any bogus offer rumors that are being sent around the leauge is just another ploy to up the ante...and Morey will keeping calling bluffs by Hennigan...

on another note: players should take note...ORL's mgmt is down right disgusting...there is a reason why stars dont stay long in that city...its really all about poor mgmt!

5. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Dwight to Hollywood should make us all happy when indeed Gasol and Bynum leave to Sixers / Nuggets / Magic. Let's hope Morey stays away from this and we can continue to rebuild, get a high pick in 2013 and sign some free agents with our great cap situation next offseason :)

6. anchel

anchel Member

Lowry + a pick 12. For one of the better centers in the game. It's actually not very much. Orlando would ask for more, and Morey could give an extra 1st for him, or an extra rookie/2nd year player.

7. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

LOL WUT?

Pau and Afflalo? While the Lakers get Dwight, the Nuggests get Iggy without losing 2 of there very good SF's and the 76ers get Bynum?

So basically Orlando GM wants these teams to run a train on him?

8. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

so the 76ers get the 2nd best center in the league, for an aging borderline all star?

9. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

This is fine. Orlando will still be good and the sixers will make the playoffs. That just drives up the value of our raptors pick. Too bad this isn't happening.

10. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Crap!.......I'm out of popcorn....:mad:

11. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

I believe Orlando is truly sweating now.

12. Rockets_4_life

WHAT IS THE ROCKETS OFFER EXACTLY??

People keep on posting the "Rockets offer" like they actually know what the Rockets are offering. Yes, the rockets are capable of making a great offer, but just because they can doesn't mean they are offering such a deal.

13. anchel

anchel Member

Obviously getting Pau would we pass to a win now mode. But let's not act like Pau is a 36 y.o. Garnett, he has some more years ahead of very good basket, especially playing center.

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

Please God, let it end, soon. Go ahead LA, do it, stop talking and just do it!

15. Nook

Nook Member

I know that there are signs pointing to us rebuilding, but going so hard after Lin and then paying him even more than the initial offer has Les Alexander's fingerprints all over it. Having watched Les and the Rockets for 20 years, I am not convinced that Les does not think that Lin is a an all star and we will win 50 games next year. Les felt the same way when we got Elie, Price, Pippen, Barkley, etc.

Daryl is walking a fine line. Everyone knows he wants to rebuild, but he still has pressure from Alexander, and if Gasol is dangling.... you can bet Alexander will tell Morey to try and get him.

16. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Orlando gets raped. They need picks, Nuggets and 6'ers are playoff teams, why in the world do they want Pao? Or Afflalo? They're not looking to compete.

17. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

The whole idea of us going to the lottery, while a nice thought, isn't happening. This team, as currently constructed, is better than last year's #14 lottery team. We're a playoff team right now, probably a low-seeded playoff team, but a playoff team nonetheless, barring injury of course.

Lin
    Martin
    Parsons
    Asik
    Patterson

that's nice offensive and defensive balance. And we got the 4 rooks coming off the bench with a vet PG. That's a playoff team. And we're not done yet. Even if there was no Dwight coming here. (But he is.)

18. rocketsmetalspd

IF this deal does go down as planned. The Rockets will be included in the deal IF the Magic will want to deal Pau to Houston. I wonder if this trade will be expanded to 5 teams, with Rockets getting Pau.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Lol. This deal is such a steal for every team BUT the Magic!

I almost want to see it do we can watch Hennigan get fired.

20. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Dont be blind they dont care about Houston anymore. Magic owner doesn't want to start from scratch like rockets did.