1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin's upside

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Jul 20, 2012.

1. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

You're either blind, delusional or both.

I find it odd that we are joking about this. It's ****ing twisted. Goodbye.

2. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

It doesn't matter what you believe. Obviously, frame by frame proof is not "proof," which goes to show you how delusional some people really are.

Wow, you are seriously ****ed up if you joke about these things.

3. roxxy

roxxy Member

I have no problem admitting when I am wrong lets not start putting words in peoples mouths just because we may disagree. But Kidd should have apologized immediately he kind of walked away and it doesn't look like he said anything to him when they were standing beside one another. The fact that he didn't is somewhat telling unless he apologized later on in the game.

4. roxxy

roxxy Member

Aww man. I am just messing around your overreacting. Clearly I mean no harm. Sigh. Don't even know how this conversation descended into this. Your getting upset over nothing for real.

5. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

More obfuscation. You obviously will not admit that you are wrong and have no command of the facts, and now you are throwing a bunch of bull**** out there as a distraction. DOES. NOT. WORK.

6. RockSC

RockSC Member

I think it's just a social cultural shock to the basketball world. A lot of us watch basketball since years and years ago. Basketball value has changed a great deal since the good old days. Lin brought some of the old values back like playing with a bunch of "scrubs" and won the game the team way. Fans loved it. Then, of course, lots athletes want to calm Lisanity down because "they believe" they own this sports, not some harvard grad asian american who "racially" doesnt belong to this sports. I certainly can hear "He's Asian, he can't go left" or "He's Asian, that's already his ceiling" blah blah blah. The truth is, Lin has been proving doubter's wrong, but he wasn't given the biggest stage because of his skin color. Now he's got a chance. He has to prove it to the world again.

7. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

No doubt. What's insane is that when you point out the obvious (racism), some people claim you are attacking them personally! As if racism existed on a cloud, apart from human action, intention or beliefs.

Racism does not exist 'out there' somewhere, it resides within all of us. And that's what bothers (some) people: how dare we acknowledge it? Obama's president! Racism has disappeared. A total crock of horse sh--.

8. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

what.

9. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

10. roxxy

roxxy Member

You are bugging. This is a video not facts. And I did say that I hear you in regards to your synopsis of the events I can see why you would believe what you want to believe. I also did say that the fact that Kidd didn't apologize immediately after and walked away is somewhat telling. Reading through the comments it is clear that other people are of the same belief as you are. But honestly it is really hard for me to tell if he intentionally pulled his hair or not. In that one second (at the 0:26 mark) where Kidds hand is in Lin's hair I can't tell. This is my opinion I am entitled to it. Like I said Kidd was nothing but supportive of Lin off the court. Jason Terry intentionally fouled Lin and teammates were definitely in his face about it. Terry then went onto dismiss Lin as a product of the system. This isn't obfuscation or distraction this is adding perspective to the dialogue.

11. roxxy

roxxy Member

Edit.

Plus a lot of these players are in the zone and have a lot of adrenaline running through there body. Not to say I am sanctioning Kidd nearly chopping off his head but I think it is unfair to totally trash Kidd of this play considering that he was nothing but supportive of Lin off the court like I said for like the third time.

12. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

Another bull**** response. What you see are Kidd's fingers grabbing Lin by the hair and pulling his head back. You also see him push with his other hand in his back, pushing his legs out.

Obviously, you don't really care about facts. And don't give me that bull**** about you not being clear on his intent. No one grabs and pulls another person by the hair unintentionally.

It's clear your head is so far up your ass at this point that it's impossible to have a rational conversation with you, and your pride is preventing you from acknowledging that you were too lazy to even watch the video in the first place and were proven wrong multiple times over after you did.

Keep posting your bull****, it will just continue to prove how ignorant you are.

13. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

I don't have to trash him. The video speaks for itself. You choose to deny reality, a sad fact about many people.

14. roxxy

roxxy Member

You are to passionate about this and it is clear that this conversation is getting nowhere. Let's just leave well enough alone and agree to disagree. We can talk about something else or not talk at all.

15. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

I acknowledge facts, you don't. I don't agree to disagree about facts. Fail again.

16. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

I think Lin flopped.

17. roxxy

roxxy Member

Alright. Thank you for the conversation nonetheless. See you around.

18. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Oh come on, Kidd did not intentionally grab Lin's hair and head slam him into the ground.

First of all Lin's not a woman.

Secondly Kidd only enjoys hitting things after he's had too much to drink.

Kidd did appear to intentionally coat hanger Lin though. That being said I doubt he wanted it to be so vicious, I'm sure he intended it more as a veteran welcoming a rookie into the league and trying to rough him up because Lin was fearless in attacking the basket and he may have seen that as a sign of disrespect or felt the need to try and assert his alpha dog status.

The ref swallowing his whistle and not calling that a flagrant 2 is a joke though. That's the real crime here.

19. catch22

catch22 Member

how can someone defend a wife beater and drunk driver? because they are good bbal player?

20. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

I went back quite about 15 pages without finding the link, it doesnt matter though. But for the future when you reply with someting like this:

When you refute an ESPN article without further research into the article itself, sportswriter, motive, and provide some facts why the article isn't trustworthy, you lose all credibility.