1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Youtube] Jeremy Lin videochat with 5 year old fan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by underdog7, Aug 6, 2012.

1. RockSC

RockSC Member

Look, Sigmund, Rondo, Rose, drop Triple Doubles and 30+ points quite frequently. You can't point at a young player and tell me he's bad just because he got owned on the court by these stars. Rose dropped 31 points on Rubio last year. 35 points on Wall. (If you bother to look up the stats, you'll find 4+ years elite guards kill young 1-2 year guards most of the time.) They expose these inexperience young players. If I turn around and tell you that Wall and Rubio are both gonna be busts, I'd be out of my mind. Lin's bad games were also magnified because "some folks" want to calm Linsanity down. No doubt. But if you assess his games, he does have pretty good upsides just like Rubio. Kyrie, IMO is better and have higher upside than Lin but I am still waiting to see how Kyrie's 2nd year will play out. Sigmund, you may or may not be a hater to Lin, it doesn't matter to me or many of us. But when you evaluate a player, a more complete statistical analysis will make your argument more convincing.

2 cents.

2. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Please, everybody just ignore Sigmund. This thread is not about Lin's bball skills, it's about Lin being a class act.

It takes one to know one, which is why Sigmund can't see it.

1 person likes this.
  3. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Is nobody bothered by this at all (the initial video)?? A 5 year old shouldn't have to deal with being emotionally involved in something as unimportant at that stage in your life, i.e. a sports team or individual.

4. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

Y'all acting like Lin is only humble player in the NBA. I never questioned his character.

Great basketball minds such as myself and Larry Brown has acknowledged that Lin is backup point guard. That's all what I'm trying to explain y'all.

5. Chinahype

Chinahype Member

Dude, it's a 5 year old kid who is sad because his favorite player just left his team where he's from...

6. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

5 year olds are emotionally involved in their teddy bears.

7. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Wait, say that again. Great basketball minds such as yourself? Good God you're delusional. Okay..fine.. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. So if you do have a great basketball mind as you claim to be, then why are you in here at a Rockets fan forum almost all the time trying to argue and bring down Jeremy Lin? LOL Now i regret replying to your posts. Yikes.

"Ya'll acting like Lin is the only humble player in the NBA". Thos post has officially made you a hater and a troll.

8. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Wow, a thirteen year old kid bored from remedial summer school comparing himself to Larry Brown. This is just full of awesome--just made my day.

And thanks for the education, it's been really enlightening. The first 20 times, I just didn't get it, but after 600 posts of the same point, I think I'm finally seeing the light. Thanks for bearing with everyone on this BBS--it just takes some of us 600 times to absorb the kind of profound knowledge that you bring here. Some people will just never get it. Don't give up on reaching them--another 600 posts and they'll just realize the truth!

9. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

How many videos will be able to find of any young children crying once Carmelo leaves or is traded away from the Knicks?

10. roxxy

roxxy Member

Lol. No lie. I cried when my older brother would wrestle with my teddy bear. I thought he was hurting it. But seriously the kid will move on, plus once in a lifetime opportunity to speak with an athlete.

11. roxxy

roxxy Member

LMAO Just ignore Sigmund. He is just looking for trouble. Every time he posts something about Lin I chuckle cause he is mad delusional. The more attention you give him the worse he becomes.

12. roxxy

roxxy Member

Some funny tweets about Lin's Skype date with the kid.

RT @SteveCono: Ex-Knick consoles heartbroken child fan over Skype. Knicks star blames him for his public perception.

netw3rk ‏@netw3rk
    When it comes to the Knicks, we’re talking about the whole Linsanity thing. That’s when it started to escalate as far as children crying.

netw3rk ‏@netw3rk
    I'm sure that five-year old Knicks fan was influenced by the media's coverage of Carmelo.

netw3rk ‏@netw3rk
    Ex-Knick tells child fan of the team to keep rooting for them. Current Knicks owner presides over decade of futility; mocks fans in song.

netw3rk ‏@netw3rk
    See what evil Linsanity has wrought? Makes fans call Melo selfish and children cry.

netw3rk ‏@netw3rk
    The Knicks: crushing childhood dreams since 2000. RT @IAMAGM: Lin skypes w/ 5 year old Knicks fans that had a breakdown

13. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Sorry but I will have to block any of you who keeps quoting Sigmund.

You dont argue with idiots, stop doing it.

Thats all.

14. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

Are there any active mods here?

How long do we have to listen to this obvious troll with multiple accounts, who has in unhealthy obsession with Jeremy Lin, infesting every damn thread?

Ignore doesn't help when people keep quoting/responding.

Also, there needs to be one or two catch-all Lin thread.

15. jbasket

jbasket Member

Agreed. I blocked him today, but I never felt that I would have to actually go to such measures lol.

16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

DD is back with a vengeance

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

You are a ****ing dumbass.
    Go ride Dragic in Phoenix.

18. roxxy

roxxy Member

LMAO. You have to admit the fact that he compared himself to Larry Brown as a great basketball mind nearly killed me with laughter.

19. mgpwr

mgpwr Member

So true. RockSC and RedRedemption, don't worry, you're not the only ones that feel this way. Upon coming across one of Sigmund's posts for the first time, I immediately thought that he's either delusional, intellectually challenged, under-aged (because of problems with his grammar and reasoning skills), or as one poster said, a Lin fan disguised as a hater to provoke people with his gibberish nonsense. At first, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. But so far, he hasn't proven me wrong. So, do what most do, just skip and ignore.

20. RockSC

RockSC Member

Man I had a blast reading it. Sigmund delivers. :cool: