1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between Luka and the Mavs and Shai and the Thunder. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Melo blames Linsanity for "selfish" label

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Coban Hutton, Aug 4, 2012.

1. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

They have (Nuggs)-proved the next man up philosophy, out off any team.
    Man from losing to Melo, to the injury thus trade of nene...they have just been
    "next guy!" "yes sir coach"-ballin

2. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Oh and Melo is light years ahead of Tslack...but I don't expect Melo
    getting past the first rd. much in the future, although they do have Camby (the opposite of that curse Juwanna Howard)

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

TMac in his prime was a lot better than Melo is in his prime, actually. But that just further illustrates why Melo will never win a championship unless he's riding the coattails of an elite big man.

4. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Oh and let me specify light years-ummm....getting your team to the WCF, although
    now I give much more credit to Coach Karl now that I see them without him...
    I do mean winning playoff games, other than that they brick 20 footers like no other
    great players have before them! So they're selfish, and their comments are very similar in selfish attitude in "accepting blame" cough why bring it up if you accept it shut up n play...

5. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Ya maybe gifted from God wise but noooooo Melo got a team to the WCF....let's ask Tinman who was better "in their prime"-sorry not giving Tracy McGrady that much credit, although
    the Mavs series was wow I was at Game 2 in Dallas for "the dunk"-I like TMAC but I
    dunno, Melo is just as good sorry, but I think Tmac was a better distributer of the ball....so maybe you get me there, he was better, and I have a feeling JVG would say Tracy...but I
    think my feelings towards him have def. showed me his human traits which were a downfall, he took games off, thus my expression of just "god gifted talent" better...but that's a good question Ill say Melo, but TSlack was a much better passer, but not nearly as CLUTCH

6. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Suggesting Melo at any stage of his career can even hold prime T-Mac's joke is laughable, I agree. T-Mac was a complete offensive juggernaut during his Orlando and some of the Houston years-- you just can't guard the guy.

7. aznboi

aznboi Contributing Member

he's probably trying to say something else but can't articulate it properly.

8. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

Melo clearly did not. If he did he would've let him be the point when lin came in off the bench , but nobody passed him the ball besides Fields in the 1st quarter ,
    until "the spark"

9. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

here's the full game of the "Rise of Linsanity" watch close to the first half of the game.
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7lqSISDbqVs?version=3&amp;hl=zh_TW"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7lqSISDbqVs?version=3&amp;hl=zh_TW" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

10. SergioValencia

Um, no. She-Mac, on the other hand, DID ride the coattails of an elite big man (Yao) and still couldn't get past the first round. Interestingly that same Yao by himself (in 09 playoffs) had no trouble beating the Blazers and 1 more against the future champs in LAL.

Add to that the fact that Melo still has a long way to go before we can pass judgement on his legacy.

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

How many times did healthy T-Mac and healthy Yao play together in the playoffs? I honestly forget... wasn't it only like... once?

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Unfortunately.

14. jvu

jvu Member

After his blowout performance in the Olympics he would say something like that. Arguably the most selfish player I know. I've always hated the guy. Glad he's not a rocket.

15. jlfans

jlfans Member

Melo is an ISO machine. That's why he had bad chemistry with Lin in the court.
    Watch my signature.

16. roxxy

roxxy Member

The bread and butter of Lin's game is Isolation. You know that right.

17. redlawn

redlawn Member

Vast oversimplification. He also does pick and roll, drive and kick, alley-oops, etc. Lin's ISO's also largely include slashing in the lane, which is less frequent from Melo.

18. AXG

AXG Member

Pitiful. He even calls out his own teammates "TMac"-style.

19. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Ron Artest, Shane Battier, Aaron Brooks, and Scola is a better supporting cast than anything that Tmac and Yao had when they were both healthy.

20. roxxy

roxxy Member

I never said that is all he does. I just said he is also good in isolation as well, very good. There is nothing wrong with that. There seems to be this negative perception of isolation plays. Don't get that. After all his game winner against toronto was an Iso and everyone went buck after he hit that shot.