1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Inspirational Cool Story Bro!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IzakDavid13, Feb 12, 2012.

1. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

wow that's just amazing..so inspirational! thanks very much for sharing. My prayers are with you guys.

I wonder if someone over in the rox organization can bring you and your daughter over here for a game or have clutch the bear visit you guys at least this offseason? That would be great PR for them too...such a great story!

2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Fantastic Story! She definitely has the heart of a champion!

1 person likes this.
  3. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Dr Brian Owler, the one on all the billboards and commercials about speeding.

She is already overachieving. After being told that she wouldn't be able to walk due to balance issues, and also the possibility that she would has learning difficulties; Tayleesha won her 100m sprint for her age, and came 4th in the 8,9,10 age group for Little athletics, and has been put into a composite class at school of 2nd & 3rd graders because her intelligence is overwhelming.

What an inspiration! Come on Rockets! No excuses!!!

1 person likes this.
  4. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Man the rox better win! Great to know that she is better

1 person likes this.
  5. da_juice

da_juice Member

That's incredible.

6. dragon167

dragon167 Contributing Member

I hope Tayleesha get well soon. I think she will be the strongest and healthiest girl in the world after this successful surgery.

7. IzakDavid13

8. IzakDavid13

We still have hope...

9. IzakDavid13

recap & update...

ORIGINAL POST

UPDATE

Howdy Clutchfans,
    I thought that I would update y'all on Tayleesha's progress, and share another 'cool story Bro' with my mates here on Clutchfans.

Today in the mail we received a package from Houston Texas. It was from Clutchfans user cardpire:
    http://bbs.clutchcity.net/member.php?u=30151

Out of the goodness of his heart, he sent her a beautiful book about the Houston Rockets and their back to back championships.

This is what I believe separates the Houston fans from other NBA fans, Southern Hospitality extended down under.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can see, Tayleesha has lost her hair due to the effects of Chemotherapy.

Although the tumour has been removed twice, it continues to baffle doctors because whilst it is not cancer, it is an extremely rare tumour, that is usually only found in the long bones of the legs and arms, and is acting in a very aggressive manner, like a cancer.

The doctors and professors from around the world have no answers, and have said that they wish it was cancer...at least they would know how to treat it.

Doctors in L.A. and New York suggested trying chemotherapy and if that doesn't work, we will remove the tumour again and possibly try radiation therapy.

She still loves her Rockets and watched the Summer League with me, trying to learn the names of our new players. She has faith and believes that she will come through this, so does my wife and I.

Rockets GM Daryl Morey has also been in touch, via email, and has wished her all the best, and is also sending her a little gift, after seeing her inspirational photo on twitter.

We have the best team of doctors in the Southern Hemisphere looking out for her, and the most knowledgeable professors of oncology, and those who are experts in tumours, world wide also liaising with her treating doctors.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

P.S. Tayleesha says...'GO ROCKETS!' and here is a kangaroo and koala for people in America to see!

Spoiler for size..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  10. junshao

junshao Contributing Member

Love and prayers for Tayleesha and your family.

Sincerely wishing you all the best.

11. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Wishing you and your family nothing but the best Izak!

12. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Thanks for sharing!

Still welling up.... those are some AWESOME kidz!

And you have to love RoX fanz! (But in my heart, I want to hope anyone with a soul would help / reach out to you)

God bless!

13. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

This is amazing. Best story i've heard in the longest time!

Your little girl is a real life super hero, her story should be spread, what an inspiration, she could give hope to so many young sick children. I almost cried, what a little aussie battler.

P.s i love that you've nurtured a love for the Rockets. As a fellow Aussie i know how hard it is fostering a love for the Rockets with their limited exposure, you guys are amazing, im proud to call you Australian.

14. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Wishing the best to her, and your family!

15. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

all the best to her and your family.

16. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

That's so awesome. Are y'all Texans fans, id love to send her some stuff.

17. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

That's very awesome. Praying with all my heart for her recovery.

18. roxxy

roxxy Member

My prayers are with you.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Izak, you and your wife must be pretty amazing people to have raised such a strong little girl. The apple definitely did not fall from the tree.

As always, our prayers are with you and your family. GO ROCKETS!

20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion.

keep fighting, Tayleesha.