1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bizarre Love Triangles

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DallasThomas, Jan 13, 2003.

1. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

LMAO:D

Damn B-Bob, you look just like her...I'm sorry I bent - er, broke - your gender, but no one else here has the sense of humor to endure the name plagiarism of that story. And Clutch is too busy to read the hangout apparently, because I'm not banned.

Thanks for being sincere though, I really appreciated it.

PS, If it makes you feel any better, you've been driving me crazy for the last 4 years;)

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Aaahh! Not another stalker.
    No problem about the name; it was both a horror and a honor.

Seriously, your situation sounds really tough, a love knot instead of a triangle. To B-Bob's credit, I gotta remind you that the new person always seems more interesting, especially to us (or, um, you :confused: :( :eek: ) guys. How exactly did you feel about B-Bob when you knew her as long as you've know Clutch right now (e.g. at 6 months or whatever)?

(I don't know how long I can use these names).

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

This is exactly what I was thinking. Women's stock behaves just like Rockets players'. One season she's a future all-star, the next you're hoping to trade her for a bag of doritos and an unmatched sock.

Looking at it chemically, the first stage of a romance is boosted with all sorts of dopamines and whatnot in the brain. So, to be honest, your feelings toward Clutch just can't be trusted when we're trying to evaluate the fit. You're all hepped up on goof balls, essentially. That another woman you've known for 4 years is still some considerable competition is a credit to her.

I know only what you've said in this thread so I run a high chance of mischaracterizing your relationships. However, I imagine your relationship with Clutch is more superficial than the one with B-Bob since you haven't known her nearly as long: this is essentially a crush, no? Meanwhile, depending on how close a "best friend" B-Bob actually is, the love for this girl is a bit more substantial and mature. So, assuming you're looking for love and not sex (primarily I mean), I'd think the more mature relationship would be the stronger and surer one in the long-run. So, I'd think B-Bob would be the better chance for a relationship.

However, B-Bob dumped her previous boyfriend claiming a fear of commitment. If you're looking for commitment, this is a very bad sign for you and possibly a deal-breaker. Is this excuse legit or does she just not like the guy? Your goals and B-Bob's might not match so it may not be worth the trouble.

To take a Machiavellian approach, you can probably go more easily from B-Bob to Clutch than Clutch to B-Bob. Clutch will understand that you need to go out with B-Bob and may still be interested once B-bob decides she needs her space and dumps you (jk). But, if you date Clutch first, B-Bob would feel like only a consolation prize later and resent you. Of course, all this would apply only if you hadn't already started dating Clutch. Now, it'll take extra finesse.

Of course, it could be that Clutch has taken this approach because she doesn't want to date someone who is always looking over his shoulder and is hoping that you will ratchet up your pursuit to prove your sincerity. She gives you the opportunity to say you'll throw the last 4 years away for her sake. Then again, that can't do good things for her friendship (then again, the only good thing for their friendship would be your sudden disappearance).

In any case, seems to me the best approach is to pursue your relationship with B-Bob and explain to Clutch (though she already realizes it) that you have to find where this path leads you first.

4. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

Ahh, that's what I like. A man with vision! :D

"How come I've got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals?"

5. mj230

mj230 Member

hi dt,

look on the bright side. it could've been an obtuse triangle...i think thats the name:confused:

well anyway, all the best.