1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why are you attached to our rookies?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LewLLOYD, Aug 1, 2012.

1. HorneR

HorneR Member

Because all of them are Lebron.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wait, Chris Bosh is a superstar now??

3. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

my post didn't include the word superstar, yours did....

4. ashiin

ashiin Member

They got me excited for this upcoming season, more so than the possibility of getting a superstar

5. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Because some fans find the idea of growing talent internally much more appealing than trading for Dwightmare and all the drama that comes with him. We're off to a nice start here with these young pieces -- they're all intriguing young talents, with Motie and Lamb particularly having a lot of upside. If we just exercise a little patience, Morey can build us something pretty special here.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

They seem enthusiastic to play for us, unlike Howard.

7. justinh

justinh Member

i didnt read all of the replies, so please forgive me if im restating anything, but its always more fun IMO when a star grows up with your team rather than being known as someone elses ex-star. homegrown is best.

8. ClKent

ClKent Member

Why are you so fixated on giving them all away for a guy who doesnt want anything to do with you or the city of Houston?

9. ClKent

ClKent Member

and when you can answer how Howard will stay realistically? I will stop being fixated on the the things the Rockets do have on their roster. Not what they wont have a few years from now or currently do not have.

10. prs325

prs325 Member

Because theyre so beautiful...

But seriously, fans are always pulling for drafted rookies, watching them develop and maybe turn into stars or superstars. Just imagine the Thunder fans who cheer most for Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka and even Collison especially because the team believed in them, the team picked them, grew in their system, and turned out to be stars in their own right. Its the same with Hakeem, Horry, Cassell, Elvin Hayes, Lucas, Tomjanovich, Moses, and Murphy (and to a lesser extent Landry, Brooks, Francis, Mobley). Rockets fans will always revere these players more than most because we were the first team that they played for.

The hope is the same for all 4 of our rooks, including Parsons and Morris. We just hope that their careers will be that of the 5 Thunder players just mentioned.

11. Houston-in-LA

Houston-in-LA Member

I'm so tired of the post police

1 person likes this.
  12. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Because unlike Dwight Howard they want to play in Houston

13. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

because they are all rookies that can finish around the rim.

14. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I think donuts has what it takes to be a superstar.

Height, skill and passion.

Time will tell but I don't want to lose him and see him become Dirk 2.0 but with a post game and rebounding.

15. thisiscaketown

Because there isn't a better alternative.

16. aball1991

aball1991 Member

Welcome back DD. seriously guys, has it occurred to anyone that this is DD's new username? He acts just like him. Falls in love with random rookies that people on this board don't care for until he makes 20 threads to hype them up. Cough 'royce white = lebron' also, he calls himself 'coach' DD always used to talk about how he knew more about basketball due to his 'cosching' experience.

Welcome Back DD!!!

17. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

I am not attach to our rookies but I much rather see them develop and build chemistry in this young team rather than have a one year rental with Dwight Howard,

18. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

Me too

He's my favourite :grin:

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Gotta spread rep! lol!!!:grin:

20. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Every since moses,earl,warren,nolan,and dream were traded, I'm not attached to anyone. I really hated to trade cassell because I thought he. Swould be really,really good,but the chance to win another title was worth it. I'm a howard guy, but to give away these guys for a rental is not worth it to me. We've had discussions about. Howard not passing the extra yr,but I think he would because of his age. If amare can get a max deal with his knee issues,I don't see why a 30 or 31 yr old howard wouldn't get one after a 4 yr deal with dallas. I just don't see it as worth it. I mean between jones,lamb,and donuts,I think 1 maybe all three have all star potential.