1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Batman 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Keyser Soze, Apr 30, 2010.

1. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

It's been more than a week, unless you're in Japan you have either seen it or suck up the spoilers by now.

2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

+1 and this the BATMAN thread, why would you come in here if you haven't seen the movie in the first place?

3. mrm32

mrm32 Member

That actually did cross my mind after my first time watching it but it wouldn't make sense with all hints left to Gordon and Fox at the end. Plus the pearls were still missing with the tracking device.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

This thread got up to like 100 pages before anyone saw the movie. So there's that.

5. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Coulda done it before he die.
    Ok most of us here believe that Bruce Wayne is still a live, but how?
    How could he survive the blast? Auto pilot or no auto pilot I still can't believe he escape to a safe distance in time before the blast.

6. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

fair enough. just figured there might be a few stragglers who might run into it, that along with others using spoiler tags

7. Rox11

Rox11 Member

but the real question is was Alfred having tea or coffee at the end....?

8. Travisss

Travisss Member

Loved it. Absolutely phenomenal movie. It is just me or was anyone else concerned about dieing?

9. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

The best theory I heard was that when he was in the Bat and was climbing to a higher altitude over a building, he shot a rocket at it for seemingly no reason. That's where Blake thinks or says "this is it..." but then the Bat just comes out of the explosion and flies over the water. If he jumped out at that point, it's nothing for him to glide down or onto a roof, take off his gear and walk into the sunset. Granted, they show a shot of him in the cockpit as you see the Bat fly over the water, but that could just be a flashback to right before he ejected, that's the only flaw I see with that theory.

10. mrm32

mrm32 Member

This is how he escaped and I'm not even joking.

11. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Joker gave two addresses, lying about who was where.
    As he burst out of the confession room, Batman tells Gordon "I'm going after Rachel", and Gordon orders units to the other address.
    Batman does a double take when he finds Harvey in the warehouse instead of Rachel.

12. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

How odd, I'm in Japan right now (just watched it yesterday) and I'm pretty glad I didn't read this thread lol.

13. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I think he ejected with part of the cockpit intact and flew to safety in the opposite direction or something, much like his bat cycle was part of the tumbler.

So do you mean Selena was there, and Alfred just imagined Bruce sitting at the table? Interesting but then how did Selena get the pearls back? And why would Alfred imagine him there with her? The only woman in the movie Alfred kinda suggested Bruce be with was Miranda. I would think seeing her would cause him to emotionally break down again.

I think if they took out the scene where Fox learns the autopilot was fixed and maybe replace that with a scene of Selena receiving the pearl necklace (much like Blake got the bag), I think that would have definitely sealed it that Alfred was imagining him there. But the part with Fox is the telltale... and even Gordon too. Bruce obviously wouldn't have had time to replace the bat signal until after Gotham was saved.

Maybe if Alfred had just pulled out his totem...

14. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Wow. Didn't think TDK could ever be matched. This was in the same league. Very impressed. Only regret is that I wished I would've been more familiar with the first movie before seeing this one. Oh well, I'll go back and watch it and then see this one again hopefully.

15. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Nolan's movies are just too smart for a dumb dude like me.

16. Rox11

Rox11 Member

You guys are making too much of the auto pilot scenario and him escaping. When fox introduced the bat to him he says only a person with your brain can fix it, so what did you think bruce was going to do? Yup.
    Also the suggestion about him hitting the building, i thought that was one of the rockets chasing after him....

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

What if the batman is actually just a figment of young Bruce Wayne's imagination as he went crazy when he saw his parent's get murdered.

18. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

No all the rockets were gone by then, he had already grabbed the bomb and was on his way out to the lake, then Blake looks over to Gotham and BOOM, top of a building blows up for no reason. He thought that was the bomb going off.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What surprised me in this movie the most were how epic the fight scenes between Bane and Batman were. If there was one knock on Nolan was that he was not the best at producing fight scenes. They were often and you could not tell what was going on half the time in previous Batman movies.

But man especially the first one you actually felt the power and relentlessness of Bane just pounding away at Batman. It really made you cringe. The choreography was amazing. I give Tom Hardy props. He is amazing at acting out a fighters movements. I especially remember in the second fight when Bane has Batman pinned against a pillar and throws 4-5 consecutive blows. It was really fast and epic. And the camera angles were perfect. Nolan got it right this time with the fighting.

20. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

part of me is believing that bruce wayne is still alive and other part of me keep thinking that he's dead