1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Occupation Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Butterfingers, Jul 27, 2012.

1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Simmons?

2. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

I don't think anyone is mistaking Miguel for dynamic.

3. David Stern

David Stern Member

Subcontracts Administrator for a Government Contractor. I specialize in contract compliance auditing. Holla at your boy if you need a new “asset” on your team

4. Chinahype

Chinahype Member

managing director at goldman

5. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Currently interning at an insurance company in League
    City. Started off in the Treasury deptartment, currently in real estate accounting, and starting in Galveston on Tuesday to work in their ax department for my last 2 weeks of internship. Then I start my first semester this fall as a graduate student. Going for my MS in Accounting.

6. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I didn't know you were also in IT. Cool :)

7. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Yeah, a little sneaky to advertise a resume writing business in this thread?:grin:

But, hey, it's the truth, it's what I've been doing for the past 12 years. Prior to that, I was an English teacher at Cypress Creek High School and Dulles High School in the 90s.

To answer questions:

1. Absolutely- ClutchFans discount- didn't think of that, but hey, that's a good idea.

2. Rates- currently adjusting those- basically, for having a professional resume done, here's what the big boys charge:

Monster: DELUXE Resume: $199.95
    Career Builder: Professional Level most popular level: $229

Problem is their writers don't know how to write good resumes, particularly if someone has a tricky aspect to their job search (e.g. someone making a career change).

However, due to the current economy, I don't charge more than what Monster or Career Builder would. So, my fees would close to theirs, plus I'll add a bit of a ClutchFans discount.

3. Free Evaluations- absolutely- every evaluation I've done for the past 12 years- probably over 13,000 at this point- is free.

For a free evaluation, you can just send your resume to either contact@100percentresumes.com, or you can send it to my personal email, dandorotik@gmail.com. In the email message, you can just include a brief note about your situation- type of jobs you're looking for, etc.- and remind me you're a CF member.

1 person likes this.
  8. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Yup! We use Sharepoint at our company. :)

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Network Technician now.

On the IT side, I can do anything non-programming given a little time and Google. I can also build functional, simple and ascetically pleasing websites. (I can do some debugging, I just find coding tedious)

I was a darn good salesman before I was in IT, and I know I could go back to it and make a nice living.

I could also do some contracting/remodeling/painting/handyman type work if I had to. I have the tools and experience.

10. Toast

Toast Member

I get paid to post stupid things on Internet message boards. On a good day, anyway!

11. jmejia

jmejia Contributing Member

Vulnerability and Penetration Tester

12. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Nice :) . I'm probably transferring back to Houston next year and there are a ton of customers down there using SharePoint. It's a really hot technology at the moment.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Whoa!

14. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

I run marketing at a video game startup in SF. We'll be making a kickass browser free-to-play game coming out later this fall.

15. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Small world. One of my clients screwed that company over big time...I'll just leave it at that.

16. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Electrician Apprentice for medium voltage commercial electrician company in Austin.

17. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Job Search Tip of the Day July 27, 2012

If you are in the military and are transitioning to private sector employment, modify job titles on your resume to reflect civilian equivalents (e.g. Operations Manager instead of First Lieutenant. Or, use a hybrid title: Operations Manager/First Lieutenant).

And always maintain the proper level of motivation:
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D8Q1fDf0GeY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

www.100percentresumes.com / contact@100percentresumes.com / 806-783-9900

18. doboyz

doboyz Contributing Member

Linux Systems Administrator for around 7 years. Also been a sushi chef for about 4 years.

19. Poloshirtbandit

IT support for a restaurant chain. First job I can honestly say I enjoy.

20. amaru

amaru Member