1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Batman 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Keyser Soze, Apr 30, 2010.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Great movie...well done...:grin:

2. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

For some reason, Bane reminded me of "humongous" from RoadWarrior with his mask, physique & speech theatrics to the "people", I didn't think others thought that till I saw an article how DKR samples on that & good will hunting... which is cool with me btw- loved it

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Interesting... this is exactly the reference that I couldn't name. Kept thinking Bane was so familiar. I loved Road Warrior, and that malevolent character, so much.

[​IMG]

4. Yak

Yak Member

>tfw friendzoned

[​IMG]

5. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Personally, I love what Nolan did with the Batman trilogy and hope it continues. I still can't erase from my mind just how BAD George Clooney and Val Kilmer were as Batman, and Chris O'Donnell was as Robin.

6. Nero

Nero Member

Oh, Kilmer was not bad, and Jim Carrey's villain was actually fun, and Nicole Kidman was at her smokin' hotness hottest :)

Just have to ignore all that other stuff, like Tommy Lee Jones and Chris O'Donnell

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

How much do y'all think Liam Neeson got paid for this one?

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

9. Outlier

Outlier Member

I think they used a hologram, like the one they used for Tupac.

10. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

And the whole cartoony crappy special effects of the two movies. Brutal. Aimed too much at kids.

11. mrm32

mrm32 Member

A lot of people (including myself) thought it was the Lazarus Pit. I guess in a symbolic way it kinda was.

12. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

I giggled when Talia said her final line and died, like an over dramatic eye open-to-shut death.
    I had visions in my head of Batman carrying around a cartoonishly large fuse-lit bomb over his head and constantly running into groups of children, mothers with babies, and then a group of nuns.
    The Bat Cycle is so ergonomically correct for The Hathaway.

13. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

velour cape? wtf?

14. dmc89

dmc89 Member

Dark Knight Rises IMAX 8.5/10

I agree! Though entertaining, the desire for immense production values overshadowed qualities that would have made this a better film than its prequels namely editing, pacing, and a focus on Batman himself. Also, the opening sequence was not as good as DK's with the Joker. However, I liked that there were more sequences filmed with the IMAX camera this time.

If the Dark Knight had skipped Two Face's story to only have the Joker as the villain, that would have been my favorite of Nolan's movies. But, having watched BB and DK before this movie, I think Batman Begins is the best of the three.

I hope there is an extended edition Blu Ray like Lord of the Rings. Though already a long movie, this could benefit from additional material. Everyone who has complained about the score drowning dialogue is spot on. The Edwards IMAX has a notoriously hot center channel, yet dialogue was still muddy even when it was screechingly loud. Wear ear plugs if you have good hearing and are a critical listener.

15. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

[​IMG]

16. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

Second viewing is even better. sogood.gif

17. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Just saw it. All I can say is Anne Hathaway.

18. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

****, i shouldn't even in this thread

SO MANY SPOILER TAGS

NEED TO GET OUT

19. Nero

Nero Member

Saw it for the second time tonight.

Definitely improves with second viewing.

Many complaints previously raised were addressed upon second viewing, but one issue, while addressed, actually became more problematical.

However, regarding what some people have referred to as an 'editing goof', I am not so sure.

May get into it tomorrow, too late tonight.

20. hairyme

hairyme Member

Man, this movie was disappointingly dumb. Don't get me wrong--it wasn't like Transformers-dumb to where I wanted to walk out of theater--I enjoyed it on a popcorn/mind-turned-off level... but I wanted more from this movie.

I'll get in Comic Book Guy mode and critique my heart out later, but for now, I agree with most of what Outlier said a few pages back.