1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight update: Not close to a trade with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerBait

TigerBait Contributing Member

If we don't get him by the start of the season, I'm gunna go out on a limb and say there absolutely no chance we trade for him. The whole point in trading for him is to have his bird rights and thus an advantage come next summer. If he starts the season with ORL, they keep his bird rights.

2. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

I should have added this to my previous post.

The only two ways I see him NOT coming to Houston at this point are...

1) Morey sees more VALUE in acquiring Bynum. (i.e. has the opportunity to get Bynum for MUCH less than what it ends up taking to snag Dwight)... or

2) Dwight simply isn't traded. Hennigan flat out rolls the dice.

Can't see Hennigan believing he can get MORE at the trade deadline than he can get before the season starts.

3. HorneR

HorneR Member

NBA Superstars are supposed to be MEN... ALPHA MALES.

But no. They're all just selfish, whiny, entitled children. That's just what Stern gets for catering to their every miniscule need.

4. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Someone (Bima?) correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's incorrect.

Even if he's traded at the deadline, the team he's traded to will hold his Bird rights at the end of the season.

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

wrong

If they trade for him at any time in the allowed timeframe for NBA transactions, the Rockets will have his bird rights.

6. TigerBait

TigerBait Contributing Member

Oops my bad. Could have sworn I read that!

7. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

no worries, that's what I'm here for;)

Lots of misinformation out there, gotta be careful what you believe. I get all my cba info from the horse's mouth (Larry Coon)

1 person likes this.
  8. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

If the league didnt have crooked officials, the players would just stay on their current teams, and try to win one that way

The players are forming superteams because of Stern

9. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
    Lakers, Cavs in Howard talks, but Magic still not moved. #NBA cbsprt.co/NECiBq

Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO
    I believe Dwight will eventually be a Laker. As for anything else, I'm not about to guess. RT @EverythingLaker: Do you believe in this deal?

Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO
    Lakers supremely confident Howard would sign extension once (if) he's there. No other team can make that claim. Where else would he go?

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Go ahead and keep fooling yourself.

11. LelWestbrick

LelWestbrick Rookie

http://www.clickorlando.com/sports/...ts/-/1636890/15614536/-/12hbv7oz/-/index.html

Pingalore:

The hypothetical trade. Lmao. Oh Ping...

Two bad contracts, all three draft rookies PLUS DMo PLUS Chandler Parsons. For a Dwight maybe-rental.

If that's what Henny is asking (and apparently the Lakers are frustrated too) and he won't budge then i'm fine with going OKC mode. We've got Linsanity to keep asses in seats and Les happy.

12. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Member

uhhhhhhhh no thank you

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

Ping doesn't know anything, he's just a crazy Orlando homer, not a legit reporter.

Don't worry, Morey won't send out all our prospects in a Howard trade. Doubt he even sends out more than 1/2 of them.

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

lol, even Orlando fans are calling Ping out in the comments. Hilarious.

15. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Lol what an idiot.

No chance in hell they give up all of those young players for Dwight.

Rockets don't even have their own pick to trade.

16. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

f***! I just wan't this BULLS**T to end with the speculation. Hearing fake trade rumors likes this pisses me off and makes me wish it would just resolve itself already.

I'm willing to give up something of value for Dwight but when Cleveland's offer is the diarrhea of pond scum, why in God's Name would we offer all of our valuable pieces and rebuilding picks for a primadonna piece of crap Center. I honestly am over Howard. Lets go with the young guys then reevaluate after this year and go for a different star who isn't such a baby about earning millions of dollars working for 40 minutes a game living in houston.

I'm over it!

17. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

It'll be over soon enough...Ive learned to just deal with the BS.

Howard will be a Rocket...there has never been another team that has been in the lead during this entire process.

I have no doubts about it...and I have no doubts that Howard will resign with Houston.

18. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Yeah, if you can somehow pull up the history of his page - over the last ten days or so he's had Dwight coming to Houston (done deal), a few days later going to LA (done deal) and now this....

19. Spooner

Spooner Member

Net Daily: Fegan: D12 Won't Guarantee He'll Re-Sign With Any Team, Including #Nets http://sbn.to/PdnfhW

This is getting too funny lol

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Desperate times call for desperate measures, don't they Danny Boy??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.