1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by willieg52, May 28, 2012.

1. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I agree.I thought he would be a three also.

2. Apps

Apps Member

I think someone else pointed out that, the way things usually go for Clutchfans, it's always the heralded players (e.g. Morris) that end up disappointing, and the ostracized players [Jones] (e.g. Parsons) that always end up impressing. I agreed with that assessment originally because I felt it was a humorous trend with some merit to it, but from what I saw in those Summer League games, I feel like I can comfortably say that my highest expectations are reserved for T. Jones. The way he hustled and grabbed all of those offensive rebounds... sure that might be nullified against experienced pros, but for him to show that ability and to show his tenacity in the post, including some decent handles, speed, touch, and range, was certainly a highlight for me and has made him the rookie that I am most leaning on (and DoMo, too).

Not to mention that he was one of the most consistent scorers on that Summer League team; in the Summer League, displaying consistency is far more important than dropping 40 in a game. It shows that you have a general mold that can be worked with and coached.

3. codell

codell Contributing Member

The most impressive thing about him that I have seen is his ability to face up and take his man off the dribble to the basket.

Of course, he goes to his left everytime, so he will need to turn to crossover and go to his right. He'll also need to improve his jumper so defenders respect that, or else they'll just drop off of him.

As much as folks talk about him being 3/4, I think he'll see some time at the 5 against inept offensive centers. No reason he couldn't make a living facing up and taking slow 5s to the basket (again, a good jumper is key here).

4. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Sam Perkins clone

5. bbllr3431

bbllr3431 Member

Lol i thout i was going crazy. Glad to see someone else shares the same thoughts

6. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

That's a pretty dumb comparison. First of all Paul milsap can't handle the Rock nor pass the ball, nor shoot the 3 ball like Tjones. Paul milsap and Tjone's games are totally different.

7. jocar

jocar Member

Pretty harsh, I hope this dude is proved wrong

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He may have been right about the pouting, but thats what kids do sometimes. I don't think it will be a problem in the league.

9. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

I'm a HUGE Kentucky fan, and I'm telling you, this guy is Josh Smoth 2.0

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I can see Jones and DMo being a good scoring combination. As this vid shows, Jones plays really well with other big men on the court.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uZ67LnWWmsA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. JD88

JD88 Member

Jones scored 15 pts and grabbed 14 rebs in the next two games.

He can be good when he wants to, he can be really bad if he doesnt get his way. He could be great if he set his mind to it and really dedicated himself to working hard. He can be terrible if he lets his emotions get the best of him.

Hopefully he learns to grow up in the league. That is his only chance.

4pts and 1reb against IU.
    9pts and 1reb against UTC the next game.

He sat out the next two games with a mystery injury (aka, Cal was pissed at him).

Came back with a 9 point (4-10 shooting) game, followed by a 2 point (1-9 shooting) game against UL.

Then later on in the season when it seemed he got the sand out of his vag, he ended up with 15 and 11, 15 and 9, 12 and 11, and 22 and 10 in 4 straight games.

If the latter TJ shows up, it will be a steal. If the former... well another Morris.

12. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

Start Dmo at 4, put Jones at 3, move Parsons to SG. Tallest team in the league :eek:

13. Pokito1120

Pokito1120 Member

I like T Jones but he is not a 3. He is clearly a 4 from Chris Bosh/Lamar Odon (they just happen to all be lefties too) mold...I believe he will be the starting 4 by the end of the season.

14. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Im starting to believe that the only reason Morey released Scola was because Terrence Jones is THAT good, and would put up similar numbers his rookie year compared to Luis last year anyway.

15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Count me in as a big fan of Jones. I was stunned by the pick at first, but it makes sense because IMO he will be a solid starter-all star player.

I wonder where he gets drafted if Anthony Davis is never born?

16. ruhroh

ruhroh Member

Morey released Scola to provide salary cap relief and we already had 9 or so pf's at that time. If we kept Scola, I think we would have been over the salary cap considering the two poison pill contracts we picked up.

Nontheless, I am excited to see how our rookie crop turn out

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If he puts in the work,I could see it happen.

18. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

I agree. I was just trying to make a way for our best players to all start. He could probably play it though. It's just not ideal for him. Still, I wouldn't mind that lineup every once in a while.

19. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

The Josh Smith/Lamar Odom comparisons are dead on with him, especially considering his okay jumpshot. I'm really really really excited to see the frontline rotation of Asik, Donatus, Royce, and Terrence. Patrick is aight.

20. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member