1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Daryl Morey annoyed during SR610 interview.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dram1, Jul 19, 2012.

1. LelWestbrick

LelWestbrick Rookie

He avoids bad contracts (Lin isn't CLOSE to the crap on the Magic's books), drafts better than the vast majority of GMs, wins virtually every trade he undertakes and put a solid crew of roleplayers around the gargantuan contracts+busted player duo of Yao/Tmac. Now he's close to landing Dwight freakin Howard or Andrew Bynum. He's a good general manager.

There are two crowds of people when it comes to analyzing the abilities of a general manger: Those who can take luck/situation into account, and morons.

His big faults are:

1. Free agents don't want to sign in Houston

2. Stern Stern'd his big trade

3. He isn't able to psychically move ping pong balls to land the #1 pick

Those aren't faults.

1 person likes this.
  2. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Before listening, I didn't realize that Morey actually ASKED to get grilled like that. Wasn't the smartest move. lol

3. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

As much hate as 610 gets its amazing how dominate they are in the ratings. The JR show is annoying but they won't and shouldn't change while they are far and away the highest rated AM radio show.

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

If you guys want to jump his ass, I think they're doing a remote at the Twin Peaks in Webster.

He won't know who did it.

5. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

False.

7. Dreamshake1

Dreamshake1 Member

The Knicks have Jason Kidd & Raymond Felton. They didnt need anything in return

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

This doesn't surprise me. I get annoyed everytime I accidentally stop the dial at 610. Thankfully, I found a solution. I hit the search button again and skip to the next station. Immediately I feel better.

I can relate Daryl, those 'tards at 610 need to be fired.

9. conquistador#11

Douche Innes: Bro, If You don't like it, then why do you listen?
    Clutchfanite: Brahhh, If you don't like us why do you keep mentioning us and referencing the forum??? Stop reading the forums!

:repeat, rinse, wash, repeat:

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I just took a big 610.

Never listened to much of Innes, but if he attempts to stir up ratings by being a doucher that's about the last horse 610 has left in the shed at this point. Put a fork in them.

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Wow, great analysis.

12. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

A "tool" is slang from west point originally for people that were
    extreme straight edge naive people that followed the West Point
    motto to a T "I will not lie, cheat or steal..." goes their oath n there's more to it, but lie, cheat, and steal hmmm...wish we could all follow that motto.

But a tool even at west point was a brown-noser
    now it is known as ignorance, varying to someone who is a "pawn"
    Lots of meanings similar now, bit wary on came fromWest Point-if you
    were really wondering;not being, sarcastic.

1 person likes this.
  13. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

Texans > Rockets. Sorry thats who Houston like more. Last time I checked Texans are on 610. You see a a correlation. 610 has no problem with Rockets leaving. Rockets didn't give that 610 their success. Once again its football.

14. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

At end EDIT-but originally came from West p....
    Not bit wary. My new keyboard oh ya it's great to lose grip!
    My bad ill check my edits before next time..

15. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

i try.

16. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

As long as Innes continues to call himself a journalist, it's an apples to oranges comparison.

That said, even if he were a comedian, he'd still be a hack and a douche, and it would still be a bad comparison given that Tosh is actually funny. Andrew Dice Clay used polarizing subject matter as a means to entertain. He was, and still is, a complete hack. Richard Pryor and Chris Rock did too, and a lot of people consider them to be the greatest stand ups of their respective generations.

Maybe if Innes could back up his snark with some wit, he wouldn't be viewed in such an unfavorable light around here.

1 person likes this.
  17. Dreamshake1

Dreamshake1 Member

I can't allow you to get away with this garbage you posted

-Free Agents won't come here because it's not a stable environment. Plus Morey's reputation among the NBA, Agents & players is very poor. 95% of his fans post here on clutchfans. The other 5% is media.

-That so called "big trade" wasn't big at all. Pau Gasol's nowhere near elite and Nene's production last year speaks for itself. Stern did Morey a favor. That trade was terrible on all fronts

-Picks aside. Wheres our centerpiece? You've had ALL this cap room and flippable assets but you're best player is Jeremy Lin. WE WANT RESULTS.

Bynum or Bust

18. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

So 790 is the real deal like 740 before 610 took over!??
    After not living here for 7 years then moving back, I've grown fond
    OF 610 even though I disagree with a lot, and I know
    only two guys that are left. I always would catch 610 on my way bk to college until the fuzz got the antenna around Fairfield. The good ol days when everyone LOVED morey.

I understand why DM is annoyed at questions, I mean he goes on a radio show,
    and no bball Inness is talking like he has knowledge.
    Let the man be he just robbed the league in three trades, and/or signing of Lin, Ascik...by trading Lowry for amLOTTERY pick another team wants, got the Camby deal done, then uppedmLin's offer, drafted good talent that fell for many reasons cough MKG going num 2- which actually messed lots of Morey's plans, but he kept going, didn't budge at the media glamour that is trying to "force" Howard to a big market by making stuff up everyday, morey still is t budging, still doesn'tbudge, oh and he traded bud and Bert for what could be our best "asset/rookie"
    -Innes needed to bk off, but he always try's to go beyond the questions that would be regular questions; he pushes the envelope, for sure. No matter the topic so not surprising. Il give my approval to Morey with or without Howard he did a lot, and he's tried a ton...

19. Village Bum

Village Bum Member

Well played :grin:

20. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Thanks. It was an honest question, I appreciate that bit of insight.
    People have hate for them both that extends outside of their professions, to me it seems the personality type is similar. Obviously my opinion is in the minority.