1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Summer League] Rockets vs Bulls : Vegas Summer League Game 5

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets2K, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Thanks Hayesfan :)

2. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

I like Machado, He has great court vision as we saw in SL and plays really hard (sometimes a bit out of control hard) but I like him. He really needs to work on shooting and free throws but if he works really hard he can be a pretty good pg.

3. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

<div><iframe frameborder="0" width="576" height="324" src="http://d.yimg.com/nl/yahoo%20sports/site/player.html#browseCarouselUI=hide&startScreenCarouselUI=hide&shareUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fsports.yahoo.com%2Fvideo%2Fplayer%2Fnba%2FDaily_Highlights%2F30023954&vid=30023954"></iframe></div>

4. AbrahamLincoln

5. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I can't wait for the Jeremys backcourt. Lin is unselfish and gets guys the ball in position to score. Lamb loves to score. Perfect match.

6. Zergling

Zergling Member

Darn. I saw a "J. Butler" in the Bulls box score, but unfortunately it was not the great Jackie Butler.

7. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

If you didn't see the game, it is being replayed on NBA tv Thursday at 1PM.

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

When's the next game, and at what time?

9. thejav

thejav Member

this was the last game..check back in 2013..

10. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Maybe. But when he did get the ball he was forcing things, which led to a couple of turnovers, which probably frustrated him even more...etc.

But of course, Lamb looked as fluid as water out there, even when he wasn't shooting well.

11. thejav

thejav Member

3rd game in 3 days..the rooks were bound to have a bad game..i wouldn't put to much emphasis on this game..except for machado..he can straight out ball....

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Machado and Lamb are the ones I said looked the best and seem to be the real deal. I found that out with just 2 mins of scrimmage game 1 highlights. I should be a boy scout or something.

13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

On a sidenote... TERRENCE JONES IS A JERK!

I went to the game and tried to get a few autos. Really wanted DMo, but he came out, got swamped, smiled and waved and retreated back to the 'backstage area' and went out the backdoor. Most snuke out the back - and that's fine. Harrelson came out and signed autos - nice guy.

Jones came out into the general area and proceeded to ignore anyone (including myself)who asked for an auto - just acted like you weren't even there! Now I'm cool if someone doesnt want to sign - but dont be a jerk about it! "Not today" "Sorry" "Sorry not signing today.." all perfectly fine...but to just act like people arent even there? Whatta jerk!

The OWNER of the team, Les, took the time to shake my hand and sign an auto - but Terrence Jones cant be bothered to even acknwledge a person - screw that knob! I hope we trade him and he's working at a Winchells in his future!

14. Red&BlackPudman

You shouldn't be asking for autographs in the first place. They are human just like you. No need to kiss the tip of their weenee. Honestly, I'm glad he didn't acknowledge you. You need to be a cocky a**hole in this league to be great. Where does being nice get you in basketball?

15. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

Yeah, those nice guys never win.

[​IMG]

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Dude, very seriously: please don't put so much deep emotional involvement in who signs a piece of paper for you. Even when they DO sign, it has nothing to do with you. Sorry. :(

I for one hope that Jones is NOT working at a Winchells in the future. And same for you. :)

17. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Hakeem, when he was still Akeem, was a notorious a-hole. Seriously.

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Not much has changed, either.

19. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

Orrrrrr.... maybe he doesn't want to think of himself as a star or superstar since he hasn't done anything yet..... Maybe he doesn't want to feel like he has arrived by signing autographs and taking pictures, thus making it easy to say "I don't have to work as hard now", or he trying to stay grounded..... And just my personal observation Jones doesn't seem like a guy who is comfortable being THAT guy.... seems pretty quiet and to himself, just puts his head down and works hard. Just a thought.....

On a side note... the fact that you feel like he owes you or anyone an autograph kinda comes off as if you have some entitlement issues and kinda make you come off as a JERK. Just saying....

1 person likes this.
  20. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

LOL Parsons Only Fan