1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight update: Not close to a trade with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamers

Jamers Member

2. Burko

Burko Member

Why do people hate on someone just trying to provide some info, yeah there may be another thread on it, but damn, sometimes you just dont see them, let the forum mods merge the threads and stop trying to be internet tough guys.

3. crossover

crossover Member

Because 1. Why do you want to inconvenience the forum mods?

They're cool guys and giving you a great service for free. Spend a whole 20 seconds scanning the forums and make an educated judgement yourself, saving them the effort.

2. It's a r****ded article and doesn't need to be posted twice. "Sources"? Who is J.Rudolph... the red-nosed reindeer? Same "sources" as Lakers Nation (clearly no bias here)? Our own insiders reported various things that didn't happen. This fluff piece doesn't need to be listed twice.

4. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

People love to complain, even though it has nothing to do with them.

5. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Actually, any trade that happens with the Rockets, is going to have to happen after we settle the Asik deal. Yes, we can still go after Dwight if Asik signs, but nothing can happen until it's done. Getting Asik means we have to tweak our offer because we would no longer be able to accept more of those bad contracts.

6. pass_to_Hakeem

Maybe finally !!!! We can go get Bynum and I'm content with the squad...

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

What I'm saying is that if we want Bynum rather than Dwight and LA is in a hurry to get this done, we can make the deal now.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Do you people sleep? :p

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

Nah I've been up all night my schedule is currently something like 8pm till noon, haha.

10. Scarface281

Scarface281 Member

I'm really having a hard time believing the Rockets would give up Lamb for Bynum/Howard on a rental. If they come already extended, then okay.

11. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Member

Nope.

12. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Clutch, rookify the source! :grin:

13. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

If we are the third team we better not be taking ANY contracts and nit be giving up jack, I will kill myself if we make Dwight a Laker and get screwed in the process!!!

14. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

We must stop Dwight to LA I can not live thru another Lakers dynasty!!!! This Is bull **** Lakers fans just need to understand you can't always be a championship team... Fml!

What are the chances The Commissioner blocks this trade? I mean whats the difference between Chris Paul and Dwight? Other than the Hornets being in the deal.

15. The Real Shady

Kobe's game is already on the decline so I don't think Dwight would give them a dynasty.

16. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Not just Dwight but Nash and if they keep Gasol... They might not win a bunch of championships but we for damn sure are going to be far behind for the next 5 years!!

17. NVDem Rockets

NVDem Rockets Member

If they allow this I'm not watching basketball anymore. This is BS!!!! First the Heat, now this.

18. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

All the more reason to get Howard. Unless Bynum doesn't want to re-up with Orlando, this isn't happening.

19. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

If we aren't taking and contracts and not giving up anything, why would they even make us the third team?

It's called a trade for a reason, I bet we'd have to take one contract and give up one pick and martin

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

lol. More than that though. Do you really think Andrew Bynum is only worth 1 moderately bad contract, one lottery pick, and an expiring Kevin Martin?

I expect a deal, if we decide we want Bynum instead of going for Howard directly, to look something like this:

Jeremy Lamb
    Terrence Jones
    Kevin Martin
    TOR pick
    DAL pick

for

Bynum
    Richardson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.