1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Good Will Jeremy Lamb Be?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jman7373, Jul 16, 2012.

?

How Many PPG Will Lamb Average When He Reaches His Prime?

1. Over 30

20 vote(s)
    4.5%
  2. 25 To 30

90 vote(s)
    20.3%
  3. 20 To 25

245 vote(s)
    55.2%
  4. Below 20

89 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

If he ends up on a bad team 19 ppg with a plus 3 margin...lol homers y'all are crazy.
    This draft isn't going to end up,as deeeeeep as everyone predicted, it'll be like
    every draft a couple top 15 picks only 2-3 end up great, people complain why teams passed etc.
    This draft is no,different I predict sullinger to play better than Davismnc less minutes
    and can focus on rebounding and layups. If we could sign and trade lee for Fab Melo
    And a future pick I'd do that. Plus Boston gives us money. Pipe dream

2. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

What do u know- gay was so much more gifted and has length and wingspan espesh on his side. Ray Allen could shoot, la,b is a UCONN's product it's like comparing Morrison to Dirk or Bird outta college

These kids are just too young and immature to be leaving college

I know they need the money, and a good college year is like an nba contract year so you take ur payday bc injuries happen.
    Stern of all issues he still loves how the NCAA colludes, and he must benefit on it
    NCAA is an institution that limits scholarships, coach pay, paying players, players receiving gifts etc. Meaning they operate like a cartel economically speaking

3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Kid's cool.

4. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

well that's weird. his defensive rating is better than that of Kawahi Leonord, Chandler Parson..would you cosidner those guys bad defenders?
    Here's some knowledge:
    • He had the third longest wingspan (6’5″) of any other point guard his height.
    • His vertical of 34.5 inches was just as impressive, tying him with Evan Turner and Jordan Crawford while beating out “stellar” athletes like Al-Farouq Aminu and Epke Udoh.
    • He ran the 12th fastest sprint time at the 2010 NBA Combine, beating out guys like Sherron Collins, Evan Turner, Devin Ebanks, and even Jordan Crawford. He only finished .08 seconds behind John Wall!

his wingspan is not in any way a liability.

as for his lateral quickness take a look at this.
    " The lockout gave Lin extra time to build himself an NBA body. Working with the folks at Sparta Performance Science in Menlo Park, Lin gained 12 pounds (15 pounds of muscle), improved his standing jump by 3 1/2 inches, his running jump by 6 inches and his lateral quickness by 32 percent. You would think someone in the Warriors' organization would have noticed the diff." - http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Lin-shows-Warriors-insanity-3361773.php

his lateral quickness has improved over the last couple of years and it will continue to improve because of his innate athleticism and his great work ethic.

5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Me too.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

He needs to be really good at scoring or we will have a Ben Gordon type player without the defensive liability.

He doesn't seem to do much outside of score which is why I guess the Kevin Martin comparison comes up.

I definitely think he needs to add another dimension to his game, rebounding or playmaking, but it's hard to teach playmaking

I see him, at the moment if he realizes 75% potential, a 23 PPG, 4 reb 4 ast guy, which is all right.

100% would be like a 26 ppg, 6 reb, 6 ast which is superstar.

50% is 19 ppg, 25% would be like 14 PPG

7. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Ok, that's an impressive stat. We should keep this guy.

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

He's still finding his niche he knows he can score at anytime so naturally he will score so give him time to develop with the team/teammates and be will be lethal all around.

9. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Good stuff, man.

But, don't try to argue with Sigmund regarding Lin.

I respect OPINIONS. But, when someone talks about rather having FORTSON -their credibility is pretty much shot.

I understand the need to maybe stretch things or "take things a little further than normal" to make your point - but, his "argument, stance and take" on Lin is laughable.

This, coming from someone who was POSITIVE the "Linsanity" was being dramatically overblown and he'd come back to earth much quicker than he did (or did he? lol).

I thought the league would catch up to him a lot quicker and a lot more consistently than ONE game against Miami.

Now, I don't proclaim him to be an all-star or second coming of Nash. But, to take the stance Sigmund does is comical.

From the summer league performance vs. Wall, to the stuff you wrote about above, to the Linsanity phase in New York - it's obvious the guy can play. It's obvious he has skills. It's OBVIOUS he's better than ANY alternative we have at this time (Lowry and Dragic are GONE - why go there and discuss any of that... I'd rather have signed Dragic, but I UNDERSTAND why Morey didn't. I have no problem with him not giving a fourth year PLAYER OPTION - especially based on where we are currently as a franchise).

To continue to post about how bad he is and how much he'd rather roll with Fortson (who, by the way, isn't nearly as bad as he's been made out to be the last few days here on the boards - he's undersized obviously, but he can penetrate and create much better than he's shown so far this summer) is "just ludicrous" (in my best Iron Mike voice).

10. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

Probably kevin Martin good,
    Maybe Ray Allen good,
    Small chance at d-wade good

11. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

He needs to refine that NBA 3pt range but other than that, he's an excellent scorer. Loads of potential for someone with that much skill already and still only 20 years old.

12. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

I thought this would be the case too. That, and he'd need to improve his shot selection.

But, so far (and I realize it's only been three summer league games), he's definitely been impressive.

He shoots the (NBA range) three so easily. Much smoother than I thought he'd be. So far he hasn't seemed to force shots as much as what I saw in college.

If we're able to keep him, he may be something to get excited about.

13. HiGHurNAMEis

HiGHurNAMEis Member

Eddie Jones / Penny Hardaway (prototype)
    25points +/- 3
    5 assist +/- 2
    4 rebs +/- 1

14. ashiin

ashiin Member

RAY ALLEN REGGIE MILLER.

THERE I SAID IT.

15. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Over the last 3 Summer League's only one player among the leaders in scoring averaged over 20 PPG in a NBA season. Houston's own Donte Greene averaged 22.6 PPG in the 2008 summer league.

Food for thought and people should keep their expectations in check.

2010 Summer League
    John Wall (WAS)
    Summer League 23.5 PPG
    NBA 2012 16.3 PPG

Reggie Williams (GSW)
    Summer League 22.6 PPG
    NBA 2012 8.3 PPG

DeMar DeRozan (TOR)
    Summer League 21.0 PPG
    NBA 2012 16.7 PPG

JaVale McGee (WAS)
    Summer League 19.5 PPG