1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PLEASE KEEP LAMB!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by woodtee, Jul 13, 2012.

1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Lin
    Lamb
    Parsons
    Jones
    Howard

That seems to be good for me

2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

The above lineup is my best case scenario with us getting Howard.

Keep Lamb and T Jones. Both of those guys are going to be all stars.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Lamb is going to score 20 PPG somewhere at the least. He was just born to score.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i think you are right

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm responding to someone else at first, before you responded to me.
    I say "The Warriors willingly dropped out of the Dwight race."

You asked point blank quoting one of my posts...
    I then respond with the trade, why would I go months back when it seems you are asking about the present? You then say that the Magic wouldn't want that deal for various reasons.

Every time I return to the past it's to remind you that all along the Warriors dropped out of the Dwight race. The future trades are hypothetical, You say they wouldn't want two top 10 picks (In this case Thompson Barnes/#7) and that was what the Rockets were hoping to offer on draft day wasn't it?

But that is really moot because they dropped out of the race and by draft time Dwight is not a option for them and they have said as much at this point, so that's when I return to the past....

Of course they can't unload Biedrins, he doesn't play. Ellis is a entirely different story, there were several rumors flying around about who would trade for Ellis. The magic wanted Ellis to try and pair with Howard hoping that would help him stay, He's far from a bad player that no one wants.

All I said was the Warriors willingly dropped out of the race. We can speculate all day as to how they could have cleared cap space at the deadline, they had Biedrins, Ellis, and Lee on the payroll at the time as their biggest contracts.

With the Ellis deal they bought in two larger contracts. Ellis a guy with 2 years left on his deal, one of the NBAs leading scorer, you don't think they could have flipped Ellis for a expiring? The problem is they wanted value for him and to improve their team.

Of course I can't tell you what deals there was to be had. I'm not in the FO of GSW, but Ellis had his suitors. I think it's logical to believe that they could have flipped him for an expiring, just like it's logical to believe that the Magic never really considered trading Dwight for what the Nets could offer.

What I am saying is that GSW were interested in Howard, then went the other way tying up more cap space. They were not doing everything they could to get Dwight like the Rockets recently have done.

6. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Those were the same things said about Channing Frye and Yi Jianlian

point is. we have seen guys with D-Mo's skillset before

Lamb on the other hand, i dont know who brought up the K-Mart or Nick Young comparisons but i dont see it all. I even saw a few websites who favored him to Klay Thompson.. that was a shocker as well( he is better than those guys, with a higher ceiling) and much better defensively

7. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Jeremy Lamb can possibly be a protoype player like Kevin Love has turned out to be

remmeber everyone saying that Kevin Love would be another Sean May.. i think if you cant come up with a comparison for a said player in this day and age, their skill set has unlimited potential.

I think some of these comparisons thrown at Lamb are simply because we may have never seen a player like him, with his long arms, and yet his calm and nice skillset

8. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

9. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

We might have to give up Jones, but i like that lineup

Lamb and Howard will be like Kobe and Shaq man.. im telling you, i have a great feeling about this

I would love to keep T.Jones, but its not likely

10. bford

bford Member

I hope Lamb sticks around through any trades. He certainly seems like a future all star level player. Maybe not a superstar, but a solid, longterm starter/star.

11. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

No J-rich is not the same player he was in 06. He is already past his prime.

12. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

I'm hoping with Martin going in the trade and no other signed SG's on the team, Morey keeps Lamb off of the table.

13. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Let's make this simple. Originally DonnyMost posted

"we are damn near alone in our situation to offer cap space and talent. "

You're response was:

The Warriors don't have cap space and talent?

The Warriors had been eying Howard for a long time now, they could have easily cleared the space to go all in for this too. They also have Curry, Thompson, and Barnes. One of their FO guys said a while ago that they gave up on the Dwight stuff long ago because they are not going to risk their players for a possible rental and thus made the move for Bogut instead.

Lakers have Bynum and if they were willing to take the risk many believe the deal would have been done by now.

Seems like the truth is not many teams are after a Dwight Howard rental.

The Rockets weren't in this position to take back all of their players until they decided to get rid of several players, other teams could have made similar deals but thought it wasn't worth it. I don't think they were after Dwight for 2 years, I think it's more like they were desperate for a established star player.

I don't believe that is a true statement, that was the point of my response.

You originally asked "The Warriors don't have cap space and talent?". The anwer to that was "No, they don't". They didn't have cap space during the season and they didn't have cap space after the season.

You suggested that they could amnesty a player to create cap space. Once it was pointed out that that was untrue you then moved on to "they could easily create cap space".

When I asked how they could create cap space the only reply was they could trade Ellis for expirings. So, if they could trade Ellis for expirings what's the deal that they are going to put together for Howard that is better than the Rockets offer? They still wouldn't have substantial cap space and they still can't trade their own future picks and they own no other picks.

Orlando is looking for young prospects, draft picks and salary cap relief. The difference is that Houston has the ability to offer ALL three to Orlando. Golden State, on the other hand, could only offer 1 or 2 of those things at any point in time.

During the season Houston could offer a better deal than Golden State. After the season Houston could offer a better deal than Golden State. That hasn't changed and the poster's original statement of "we are damn near alone in our situation to offer cap space and talent." is still true.

Cleveland is the only team that has anything approaching our trade assets. No matter what deal eventually gets done, it's very likely that what Orlando receives in the deal will primarily come from either Houston or Cleveland. Those two teams have by far the best packages to offer. Do you really believe that at any point in time that GS could offer a package to compete with what the Rockets could offer? If so, then tell me what it was.

14. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

We don't need Lamb if we have Lin :)

15. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

After watching last nights game, honestly, i think Lamb and Jones have some serious upside. Jones can really attack the rim off the dribble, is aggressive in his attack, and rebounds physically. Lamb obviously showed his shooters touch scoring 26 pts. D-MO seemed to be distraught after he started slow, and White seems to be having issues adjusting to the game...otherwise im really happy with out rooks, hope we get to keep the above mentioned, although its unlikely.

16. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

17. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

We would have made a run in the playoffs with Jeremy Lamb last season

18. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

Jesus, you must like your steaks tasting like leather. I'll take mine rare, thanks. :p

19. Outlier

Outlier Member

Lol @ people calling a player a star after 2 games of summer league. I've never used "smh" before but I'm now SCRATCHIN MY DAMN HEAD.

20. xlr817

xlr817 Member

Keep LAMBsanity!!!:)