1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Big Three

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BasketballMind, Jul 3, 2012.

?

Assuming all 4 rookies stay Rockets, who will have the most productive career?

1. D-Mo

28.5%
  2. Jeremy Lamb

50.0%
  3. Royce White

2.0%
  4. Terrence Jones

4.5%
  5. Great potential that all 4 will be special players

15.0%
  1. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Repped. Thanks for the videos. Here they are.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8bSYjDkZvGM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YLYaomTZs_U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fR7hIV1x8Lg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k9WGB1fL4rY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. MoJoV3

MoJoV3 Member

Wow... He's going to be great for us. Thanks for the videos! I wonder why they aren't listed on Youtube... Lol Morey somehow hid them

3. Happii

Happii Member

I'm just hoping that Morey does not trade Lamb or White. I really want to see how they would cope playing at the NBA level. These players at the college level show high potential I just really want to see that potential realized in a Rockets jersey.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Machado is potentially a Rondo-type player. So in essence, this could possibly be a big four.
    Too bad, so sad for us Rocket fans.

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Thanks for the videos. Repped!

6. BasketballMind

Thanks sir!

7. BasketballMind

:D Yall can go ahead and merge all these new threads about our rookies into this one lol

Oh yea, and add Donuts to the list. How can you be scared of the wolves when you're a BEAST!

I'd love to have Dwight... But trade or no trade, I'm satisfied with who we have.

8. MoJoV3

MoJoV3 Member

BasketballMind, I'd rep you if I could! Thanks for the optimism... These 3 including the Donuts will be HUGE for the Rockets. I love their upside. White will have a better game, and I believe Jones will play even better as the games go by.

9. bford

bford Member

The truth is, if we get a big ONE out of this draft it will be awesome.... even better if the other two become solid rotation players.

Long way to go.... fun watching them play the first summer league game today.

10. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Those guys are good. But I think if we have a Star PG to go along with them, it would enhance all of their skills. Even though they all can handle the ball, create for themselves, create for others, and score, they would still need a great PG to make their lives a lot easier. In the video, they were playing against mostly scrubs so of course they looked good. They are all NBA players so they have to be able to dominate those kids or if not, they wouldn't be drafted in the first place. Any players that gets drafted into the league like the NBA has to be head and shoulders above everyone else.

But in order to really get these guys to play at an high elite level, they need someone that will make their lives a lot better. That would be a PG that will be able to find them in their comfortable spots on the court and get them easy shots. If not, they need a great center who would take the attention off of them so they would be able to be more open to score. But I think one or even two out of the three would have very successful careers. One may even be an all star because their talents are amazing. They are all talented players with high potential. But its a long way to reach that level. The Rockets did drafted well. I am happy they went with Lamb, White and Jones with the picks that they had and didn't just draft to fill a position. The Rockets drafted smart and got the best and most talented player available to them. They indeed got the most talented players that landed on them. I wished they would drafted Perry Jones with the 18th pick but I think Terrence Jones is overall a better player.

11. BasketballMind

(Clears throat)

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

1. Left out Motiejunas who is better than all three

2. None of the guys you listed are going to be superstars... we'll be lucky if one of them turns out to be an all-star

13. BasketballMind

Yes, I did forget about Motiejunas which was previously discussed. I disagree with #2.

I've seen a lot of different threads pop up about the rookies raving about their potential after creating this one shortly after the draft. I thought Id put a poll up to see who everyones favorite is... Including Motiejunas.

You need a little more faith in our players sir! I believe atleast one of them will prove you wrong.. of course that's my opinion though.. along with a lot of other posters now, apparently.

I didn't list any of them being busts, because in my thread of faith, failure isn't an option ;)

14. MoJoV3

MoJoV3 Member

Good idea (poll)... I appreciate this thread, as it was one of the first, if not the first showing support for all of the new rookies... Watching them has been exciting thus far.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Big Nosed Three

16. zxcvbn193

zxcvbn193 Member

Summer league: Lamb plays like kobe there, Dmo plays like Gasol. Lamb is the scorer, not a bad defender, but he needs to improve his passing and share the ball more often. Dmo can do a little bit of everything, run the floor, shoot, post defense, post offense, rebound, he needs to add a little bit strength and weight, not much, to 10-25 lb's, that he wouldn't be falling so often.

17. ejarts

ejarts Member

Hey guys, just wondering... What if this past draft class is the next deep like the 03 draft class, filled with a bunch of all-star caliber guys. We couldve lucked out and got 3, avoided a Darko Millicic,*cough* Portland- Meyes Leonard *cough*.

I say screw Dwight, let's wait for Bynum, or someone else that doesnt have a bad back. Heck, Asik and Destroy is a block/defensive machine. Tank this year cause Lin will fill up Toyota Center anyway. Get them super known to each other and develop together. We could be like Spurs deep.

Trade our picks next year before draft for a couple of allstar vets. Just sick of Orlando being indecisive and wanting way too much. It's like trying to trade for Jesus.

18. MoJoV3

MoJoV3 Member

Yep yep. Rockets are severely underrated right now. I expect Patterson to make a huge jump from last year. I'm also excited about Parsons being even better than he was last year.

19. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I actually can't wait to see a coach post, because I know it is going to be absolutely awesome!!!

How in the world did you come up with Machado potentially being Rondo? Rondo came in with defense, passing, and being a gamer. All Machado has shown us is that he doesn't want to play behind Jeremy Lin.

20. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

D-Mo has the highest upside, but Lamb is the safest, IMO.