1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luis Scola Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Jul 12, 2012.

Tags:
  1. SynergySin

SynergySin Member

I'll never forget that game 6 versus L.A. I was sooooooo scared for the Rockets and we got destroyed the game before that, and Luis Scola just put on a freaking CLINIC. I've never loved a Rocket so much since Hakeem.

Thanks for all of your hard work and effort Luis, if you ever happen to read this thread or this message I just want to wish you the best of luck in the future; I hope you win a championship, because you definitely deserve it.

2. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

I'm going to miss the man. I hope he ends up with at least one ring before he calls it a career. I definitely plan on attending his first trip back to Houston and giving him a standing ovation.

God bless

3. junshao

junshao Contributing Member

Thank you Luis, great player, great man.

Best wishes to winning a title with a contender or come to China play for Yao's team:grin:

4. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

PLz Luis DO NOT join the Miami Heat

plzzzzz

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

Love the guy. Hate the fact that every Morey pick has been PFs(guess they were BPA) and need to let him go. But love the guy aside from his propensity to flop. Otherwise, hard-worker who knows the game and don't let the off-the-field problems affect him.

Might've been our present day Otis Thorpe if it weren't for T-Mac and Yao's injuries.

6. koopa

koopa Member

Thanks for the mullet.

7. koopa

koopa Member

Thanks for the mulletries (memories)

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Come to think of it Louis, you are better off getting away from this millionaire's madhouse. Good luck to you. Thanks.

9. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

In all honesty, besides Yao, i thought it was him and landry that helped us against portland. I still remember dem clutch jumpers that killed portland.

10. Happii

Happii Member

He is a pretty good player but to be honest a desperate team would be scooping him up in a second (most likely Mavs). Who knows maybe he'll head to the Heat or Lakers and end up destroying the Rockets.

11. Bang.

Bang. Member

We need to rebuild, and give his playing time for our young talents. Motiejūnas, PPat, White (IF HE WONT BE TRADED OMG...). Thx for his work at all. :)

12. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

Thank you Luis for being a consummate professional. Gonna miss you.

13. comehere2

comehere2 Member

sad day. good luck, Luis.:(

f&*$* it.

14. zzpot

zzpot Member

I come here for bragging rights to claim Luis Scolas' nickname "The Ice Cream Man", because I'm the one that named him the "Ice cream man".

One night Matt Bullard was running a live chat during a game. Most here know how Bullard likes to interview and ask other players what there nickname is and what they call other players by a nickname. (Bull did that interview stuff all the time on FNSH Houston channel 37)

During that live chat.. "Bull" asked what would be a good nickname be for Scola??... Bill Worrell was always calling Scolas' underhanded low post shot "a scoop shot"' ...... And it is.. A scoop shot under the defender off the glass, a low post hard earned layup off the glass.

As a kid, once in awhile, I would get a scoop of ice cream in a cone at the drug store lunch counter, and my grandfather would always sing the chant "I cream you cream we all cream for Ice Cream". That goes way back in the day.

Some posters may not know that a player way back in the day was George Gervin known as the "Ice Man" his signature shot was a "finger-roll" right at the rim, similar to, but not the same as Scolas' under the defenders arm off the glass low post scoop shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5liYhD-ads

In that same live chat a chick/woman/girl, nicknamed Scolas' double spin-move "The Argentinean Tango". (Scola is from Argentina... and they do TANGO down there) ...I take absolutely no credit for that, but was thinking the same thing.. She did that in the same live chat and I don't remember her name.. maybe if she reads CF she may claim her fame from that night.

We had the "Chuck wagon"..the "Bowling Ball".. and "Radio"..

I have bet money in a sports bar that 99% of the people there could not name that player.... "Radio" .. right away.

I had a $200 bar tab paid off on that one bet... But almost got my ass kicked at the same time.... yikes

Trivia Q.. what player back then was nicknamed "Radio" and why????

Is "Radio" is still playing ball in the NBA or still playing other places (Where is he now)????

In a recent read on the Rockets web site one player now has the nickname "Go Go Gadget". Name the player and why he got it? Who gave that player the nickname and why?

have fun and peace out.

zzpot.:grin::grin::grin: "I named the Ice cream Man"

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

[​IMG]

Just imagine all the pictures in the video are Scola, not MJ. The hair slightly resembles.

16. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I will miss him!

Hard worker, loyal. Doesn't deserve to be sent out like this!

17. Mariachi ROCKET

Retire #4???? My vote is YES

18. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Thanks for the hard work Luis and being a professional. One of my favourite players in recent years!

19. mortiki85

mortiki85 Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oY8XukqQqP4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Man! this is going to hurt for a while! Thanks a ton for everything Luis. He was the most consistent guy in a Rockets uniform for the past five years (both on court and as a "rocket"). Loved the footwork, the right handed post up moves, the passion and most importantly, those amazing fast breaks that he finished night-in and night-out! Truly one of the great rockets and I really really hope that he ends up with a great team that goes deep into the playoffs.

Sad that the JVG era had to end in an amnesty. Goodbye Luis!