1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Rockets consider amnestying Scola, as talks with the Magic grow "serious"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i didn't even mention Memphis ;)

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bucher: -[Nets deal] Not going to happen. Nets have signed Lopez. Not participating in this deal. Puts Orlando in a difficult position. The Magic reached out to Dwight to ask him to reconsider.

-This is the reality, as long as you have Dwight saying he won't play for anyone other than Brooklyn, I see it difficult that you'll get more than what the Nets were offering--future picks, clear cap room, and a quality center. I feel worse for Brook Lopez. Everyone making him out as old laundry. He's a top ten center in this league. In a situation like this, you can't say we want equal talent. You have to make the best out of it[a bad situation]. Denver and Utah did it best. Denver because they found a partner and squeezed everything out of it and moved on. Utah got ahead of the crowd and moved him. If Orlando wanted to avoid this problem, they do this 2 years ago, not now.

-Magic want to buy more time--will you[Dwight] work with us?

-Ric feels for Hennigan.

-At this point, it's 25 cents on the dollar, especially that the Nets are out. You can trade him for Bynum but he won't sign an extension. That's it. I can't put a cost equation on that. ... He's worth a game token right now. You can only use it in one place and has no monetary value.

-(Dwight and LA?): It doesn't satisfy the Magic. It puts them in the same boat. An expensive roster that isn't good. Getting Bynum is trading tiers on the Titanic.

-(Stunned they didn't want to clear cap space with Nets deal and [forget about]not worry about the talent in return?): Absolutely.

3. Aruba77

if Morey peed on me, it would be the best thing that's every happened to me. I heard it protects you from vampires.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Bucher is hilarious. Doesn't even touch on the Rockets? LOL

5. Aruba77

THIS JUST IN: Rick Bucher beats small children.

6. justtxyank

Probably true. He seems like he eats a lot of garlic.

[​IMG]

7. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

With Howard we are better than\equal to Memphis and Minny.

Hence the top 4-5 rating.

Also, I was careful not to mention any Eastern Teams because that would have taken away from my credibility. :grin:

8. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I used to think exactly this but I'm seeing that the teams with cap space aren't any more desirable than the Rockets. Dallas is the one possible spot but I'm not sure he's willing to leave that much cash on the table to go up there and they just got Chris to play the C. However, their ring prospects have passed and they are on the downhill.

So just as Dwight is experiencing with the Nets, what he wants vs what he can force are 2 very different things. He either stays with us (great) or we send him off in a S&T (not as good) or we lose him for nothing (worst case but not as likely as it was a few weeks ago). So really I think if you don't send Orlando more than what you think you can get for Dwight in a S&T next year, then I think we are ok. i.e Martin, mid round picks, mid round players and Toronto's pick for Bynum or Bosh or ?

9. Outlier

Outlier Member

This just in: Ric Bucher is a douche.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Sorry if somebody posted this in the intervening dozen pages or so, BUT I read "up to 3 veteran contacts" to include the veteran Howard.

So I would bet one of the sticking points would be Turkoglu. Morey would probably sign of on Howard/Duhon/Richardson, where I assume the Magic would prefer Howard/Turkoglu/Richardson.

What do I know. I've proven recently: not much.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lol @ the people assuming 1% Dwight will stay

12. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

What'd that douche nozzle say this time?

13. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

this lol

lol

14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Bucher is an idiot. It is all I could think about watching him on Mike & Mike this morning.

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Bucher is on this morning saying the GM of the Magic called Dwight yesterday seeing if they could repair the relationship between him and the organization. Dwight's response was, "yeah, I've heard that before."

So the Magic are back to trying to trade him....

16. justtxyank

You are right. It's better than 1%. LOL those idiots!

People need to get some facts straight. Dwight has never said he wouldn't stay where he was traded. What he said was he will only sign an extension with one team. If he goes somewhere else he would "explore" his free agency options. That doesn't mean he won't stay put for the money.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Doesn't matter what they are asking for - it's going to be a lot. It's going to include bad contracts and taking away our picks. You don't need to be an insider to know that. Just common sense.

If it was anything less than that, this deal would be done. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the Rockets are the desperate party here, not Orlando. And the desperate side always gets fleeced.

The best thing for us is for this deal to fall through and the Rockets make the decision to tank. That will be the best road for us to return to a powerhouse team. There is no short cut.

If we acquire Howard, we will only be perpetuating the cycle of mediocrity. I guarantee you if he comes here, in a year everyone will be crying about how we should have tanked instead. Mark my words.

18. fleecysphere

fleecysphere Member

LMAO, if that quote is true, that's hilarious. I feel for Hennigan, but damn, make a damn move already.

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I don't think Bucher was saying that's what he said, literally...but more of a paraphrase.

20. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Our future looks sorry if we are without picks in the coming years, no center, and three over paid scrubs stuck on our roster