1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets involved in trade talk for Dwight Howard or Andrew Bynum

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sweetbobl, Jul 10, 2012.

?

Who do you want on the rockets more?

1. Andrew Bynum

605 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. Dwight Howard

412 vote(s)
    40.5%
  1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Naturally having Kobe is going to lead to that, points wise. There have always been questions, however, about his desire. There's just something about him that bothers me. I just don't see him being the center piece (no pun intended) of a team.

The injury risk for both, IMO, is about equal. Given a choice to freely pick one or the other, though, I'm going with Howard.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Just curious, where are you seeing or reading this? Thanks.

1 person likes this.
  3. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

we don't have a chance if that happens.

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

If they offer Griffin/Jordan to the Magic...i really hope the Clippers go back to being completely irrelevant for the next 50 years...Griffin just signed an extension...

5. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Not when you're playing next to Gasol.

Also, how have the Clippers not jumped at the idea of getting Dwight. CP3 and Dwight all day!

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

+1

LMAO at the finale where he just doesn't even attempt the free throw and turns the ball over. SMH

7. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Because their management is stupid and they can't think long-term. They need Stern to work out the best deals for them.

8. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This will probably get me shot by a certain group, but comparing the same ages, Bynum compares pretty favorably with Yao (on the court only, obviously). And even the last few years, his usage rate is lower than Yao's ever was.

He may not be Howard, but it doesn't matter. He is good enough to be the seed piece you start to build around.

9. Pete the Cheat

it's the safe move if he is willing to extend...and it should cost you less assets than landing Dwight direct

10. southernconfort

Only reason I want Howard without an extension is to trade him to Lakers for Bynam with an extension at the trade deadline.

11. liveguy

liveguy Member

You mad because my posts don't agree with your opinion.

I don't post for you, lady.

Don't like....don't read.

I'm over it.

Keep it moving, yatch.

12. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Despite changing dynamics, Magic are projecting confidence that Dwight Howard will be traded by the end of the week, league sources say.</p>&mdash; Ken Berger (@KBergCBS) <a href="https://twitter.com/KBergCBS/status/222807493846380544" data-datetime="2012-07-10T21:40:20+00:00">July 10, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Those in contact with Magic front office detect no appetite for the Howard saga to linger into next week and beyond, sources say.</p>&mdash; Ken Berger (@KBergCBS) <a href="https://twitter.com/KBergCBS/status/222807705583235074" data-datetime="2012-07-10T21:41:11+00:00">July 10, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Woah 5 pm today? YES!!:grin: hopefully this all ends today.

14. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

lol...i have never seen that ever...that is awesome...didnt know there was actually a time limit to shoot a FT....lolllllllllll

15. BleedRedNation

I'm tired of hearing bout this Howard b-s. all this because he doesn't want to be in Orlando. Trade him to wherever your best team has the best pieces for ur team. He can't go to the nets anyways when he becomes a free agent. The nets won't have the money. And I'm sure as heck he won't take a pay cut. So trade him to the best team and that is the lakers and the rockets. The rockets having the better offer. But we don't want Howard to begin with. He won't even play for us. He will make excuses that his back hurts. So we trade for him then we trade him right to the lakers for Bynum and will be happy......the end

16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

best deal??? Lets see there is only one team that is willing to forgo all the collected assets for the big fish...that would be your Houston Rockets...(close 2nd ATL)

17. Possum

Possum Member

I'm scared this guy is going to be TMac all over again. Hope we don't give up any of our young guys with star potential fir him.

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yep....

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_9.html?nav=ArticleList

19. Mashing

Mashing Member

This make so much sense that of course it won't happen.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Bynam's injuries scare me

Rocket River