1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Dwight Howard Dreams Over? Deconstructing the Camby trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IzakDavid13, Jul 10, 2012.

1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/07/10/deconstructing-rockets-camby-trade/

2. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Blinebury as worthless as ever. Rockets aren't kicking off a tank movement. They're stripping down to offer Orlando their shirt, pants, shoes, socks, and boxers for Dwight.

It is going to be something to watch if Dwight does go elsewhere and LAL refuses to move Bynum.

3. IzakDavid13

This is one trade that the league (David Stern) would have to veto on the grounds of 'Basketball Reasons'.

I guess Russian Roubles are more valuable than Houston Dollars.

4. Raven

Raven Member

Yes, but if Morey fails to land Dwight Diva, the Rockets are going to lose a lot of games next season. A lot. Unless, as Clutch fears, Morey might frantically chase second tier stars in order to stop the bleeding. That would be crazy and self defeating, of course, but Les seems to be on a different wavelength than the rest of the league.

5. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

Did I mention how much I hate Blindberry?

1 person likes this.
  6. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

Fran calls that a deconstruction? I think he was trying a pun trying (deconstruction of the trade which was a deconstruction of the team). His analysis is weak....

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

It would seem Fran has ZERO actual sources within the Rockets organization.
    Which is kind of weird.

8. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Everyone's a critic.

9. HollaIFyaHEMI

HollaIFyaHEMI Contributing Member

I tend to agree that if we don't land Howard, Les has finally seen tank mode as the way to go. Good article for Fran.

10. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

He sees that we could have traded the Rockets OWN top 5 pick for Howard?

[​IMG]

11. Red Glares

Red Glares Member

Fran had lost touch with Houston sports and all up Dallas. So if anyone is tanking go see what the Mavs are doing these days.
    Something will come together for the Rockets. There is enough value to trade and make deals . We just have to wait and let it all work out.

12. teebone21

teebone21 Member

oh well his analysis is correct regardelss of how harsh it is. Going on in for dwight means nothing when the media and his agent arent even looking in your direction. I look on espn and they never mention the rockets as a potential destination but they wanna say Dallas or Atlanta has a chance SMFH. If we dont get him then i can see season attendance going WAY DOWN

13. sks123

sks123 Member

To be honest, I am all for tanking, i hate being stuck in the middle. We have been mediocre the last few years because of various circumstances like injuries, but what ever the case may be we have been stuck in the middle, too good to be bad and get a high lottery pick, but not good enough to make the playoffs or have a true hope of progressing in the playoffs. Even if we make some trades, other teams in the league dont seem to value our players like we do so we cant get too much. We arent going to attract many free agents by looking at the current treands of super teams and we arent on any of the big players wish lists. Players feel like assets here, in reality they are, but it seems like players tend to feel that way more with the Rockets than most other teams. The best way we can build for the future is to play our young guys and try to grow through the draft. It might take some time but it is going to take less time then just being stuck in the middle.

14. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Fran.

1 person likes this.
  15. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

It would be borderline incompetent for the Rockets to continue to peruse Howard with absolutely no one around him and no one significant entering free agency. We get Howard and say he's going to attract another star? What do we have left to trade outside of the naming rights to the Toyota center? No one is giving us Chris Paul or Blake griffin for a bunch of euro league rookies and a couple of second round draft pick. This is full on unadulterated tank mode.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

His writing got a lot better since he left the Chron. He's dropped the editorial devices that drove me crazy.

As for the analysis -- are there still posters here living in denial about Morey's tank job? Blinebury lays it all out and you can't see it. We're tanking. It's obvious. Maybe we nominally have an offer for Howard, but if Orlando accepts it, we're screwed. With or without Howard, we're tanking.

17. IzakDavid13

[​IMG]

One has an annoying voice, the other one has annoying articles.

18. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

Martin and Scola left as our only rotation players?

What about our startin SF in Chandler Parsons?

I know it may be a samll mistake but he gets paid to do this

19. Coog

Coog Member

Still not sure how to tell the difference-ever heard Blinebury on the radio?

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Simple, but effective. Bravo sir.