1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[FOX SPORTS] Expect Astros manager change in '13

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by 713, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

My understanding was that Biggio would be there while the last of his sons graduates (which was this year I believe). He has won a couple of state titles while there.

Stranger things have happened....

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I would be stunned if Lunhow is a Riggelman fan. Riggleman has openly mocked statistical analysis and has ardently defended decisions like having a #5 hitter bunt a man over from 2nd base.

3. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

They may be interested, but his youngest son is about to be a Senior at St. Thomas.

Biggio won't be considering any alternate coaching positions until 2014. I think he is more likely to move to college than the pros (If his alma mater was close, I think he'd be coaching there in 2014, but I don't see him moving from the Houston area).

4. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

No chance he comes out of retirement for a rebuild. Plus, it would be silly of the Astros to pay the salary he'd command right now.

6. Buck Turgidson

And nobody who complains about Mills's propensity for multiple pitching changes would or should ever advocate for LaRussa. He practically invented the practice.

7. cardpire

cardpire Member

yeah, but he's done so with success and stuff.

8. Buck Turgidson

I'm fine with replacing Mills, but I just don't have any idea how good of a manager he actually is. Nobody could do anything with this assortment of misfits.

9. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

He's made his share of head scratching moves though. A poker player plays the hand he's dealt but he doesn't start making questionable moves just because he's dealt a bad hand.