1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Local Orlando News] Dwight Howard trade could be imminent

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fullcourt, Jul 6, 2012.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

There is no way I will accept a trade to New Jersey for Brook Lopez and scraps as legitimate. If that deal goes down it screams of collusion/coercion between players, agents and the league front office. Lopez just isn't that attractive of a piece.

2. anchel

anchel Member

If Nets can find a pick for Humphries, they would be giving 3 picks. We currently can give 2, and one of them is the Dallas pick, presumibly a bad pick. Looking how Hennigan seems to like Lopez, Morey needs to do some magic -soon- or Howard is going.

3. justtxyank

One of the picks is New Jersey's own pick which has to be seen as the worst pick in play if Dwight goes there.

Does anyone believe that if one of the worst teams in the league in say, Milwaukee came into the offseason wanting to acquire both Joe Johnson and Dwight Howard via trade they could have done it? Would there be a third team getting involved that would take on Hump for Milwaukee?

Edit: And there is no way that Cleveland is going to give up a 1st for Hump when they can sign him outright with cap room. If they do, then once again, how can you explain that other than league/agent manipulation.

4. JLO

JLO Member

Carl, this is why it probably won't happen with Houston. I think Morey has balked at taking on both Hedo or Richardson or both in the deal. I don't know how the Nets or Lakers could take on those deadweight contracts, but if they're willing to pick them up then I think the Rockets should pass and move on.

5. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Hopefully we just keep the Toronto pick, draft a Top-10 PG next year, and form a new young starting lineup.

New PG (dont know much about next year's draft)
    Lamb (shooter)
    Parsons (defender,slasher)
    Patterson (low post scorer,defender)
    Motiejunas (shooter,rebounder)
    White (do it all 6th man)
    Jones (versatile blue-collar defender)
    Morris (scorer off te bench)

One great young team right there!

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

right? holy crap. i woke up this morning and read this thinking the very same thing.

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Adrian Wojnarowski: Tentacles of Nets-Magic talks covering 14 players, 3 teams w/ possible 4th locking in to take MarShon Brooks to provide pick, sources tell Y about 33 minutes ago

Chris Mannix: Source connected to Nets-Magic talks say Dwight Howard talks moving forward. "They are getting there," said a source. about 21 minutes ago

John Hollinger: Gotta tip hat to Nets mgmt if they pull this off ... basically going kitchen sink here, and all kinds of weird BYC issues involved too. about 20 minutes ago

Chris Mannix: Source said complicated deal would 'gut' the Nets roster of players, picks. But it would return Howard, which is the only end game for BK about 16 minutes ago

#427 Aruba77, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  8. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

If by gut you mean leave Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace and the foreign PF plus all the ring chasers they sign for the minimum...

9. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I really hope this Dwightmare is coming to an end. I'm looking forward to the summer league games.

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

you and me both sir! very excited to see, basically, our whole team in action. Vegas baby, Vegas!

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Morey better go Remember the Titans or even I will start beginning to tire of him

If the Nets can get picks for Humpries and Brooks I see no reason why Morey can squeeze picks out for Young players on our team let along Lee and Camby with SnT

#431 REEKO_HTOWN, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Orlando is stupid for even entertaining sending Dwight to the Nets...you cant give players that kind of power. They need to learn to shut up and play.

13. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Marshon S. Brooks ‏@Marshon2

Here we go

14. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Nets have a summer league game at 10 with Brooks playing.

15. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

For what it's worth ($.025), Orlando's equivalent of us, truebluenation.com, is totally punking the Nets trade. They're wanting Houston or Atlanta deal. Some of those guys know their bball.

16. SRR21

SRR21 Member

lol damn i knew that was today too

17. justtxyank

Nobody disputes that the Nets deal isn't good value. That doesn't seem like it is going to matter.

I wonder if Morey sits in office and is just silent for a few hours doing absolutely nothing after Dwight ends up in Brooklyn. He has to be absolutely baffled that this is going to happen.

18. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Indeed, most lopsided deal in NBA history. If I were the Magic, I would assume they would try to get the best deal possible. Also, after all what Dwight has put the organisation through, you would think they would trade him to a place he doesn't want to go just to spite him. There's defintely something fishy about the Magic and Nets deal and imo there's definitely money being offered under the table. Stern and his minions might be involved as well, you never know.

19. justtxyank

I think Stern's hands might be clean "officially" on this, but I suspect Dwight's agent has used the nuclear option.

20. moreyball

moreyball Member

Don't be surprised if Orlando gets the #1 pick next year, even if they aren't the worst team in the NBA...