1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Local Orlando News] Dwight Howard trade could be imminent

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fullcourt, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I really pray that Howard goes to NJ soon. I want all of this to end, and for us to move on to plan B. Hopefully there is a plan B.

2. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

looks like the flood gates are about to open up.

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

Plan B is the NY plan? Wait until LeBron and Bosh are free agents again. Not taking on more than 3 yr contracts helps to achieve this?

4. JLO

JLO Member

In the full Berger article he does mention that the Rockets are aggressively pursing a deal as well and the Magic haven't ruled out our offer.

5. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

You know, I always assumed that the Timberwolves would be the team that helps someone else create a super team, but looking at the last 2 drafts for the Cavs, I'm not surprised.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Can we haz Humphries?

7. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

C'mon guys. Do you really think this is going to happen?

8. rocketsmetalspd

Do not know which team will get DH but yes a deal will get done.

9. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I'm talk'n about Brooklyn. Do you really think Orlando is going to trade with Brooklyn?

Guys, Brooklyn doesn't have the assets to trade for Dwight. What is happening is Morey is putting just enough of a deal on the table to be slightly better than Brooklyn's offer but not much. Hennigan is trying to force Morey to put more on the table. That's all. If Brooklyn gets Dwight for a re-signed Lopez (which we have heard nothing about Lopez agreeeing to a S&T), Brooks, and the taking back of a contract, then it is either because Morey decided he didn't want Dwight or because he screwed up and didn't put enough on the table.

I still say, Brooklyn has virtually zero chance of trading for Dwight.

10. Carl Herrera

Can someone sign one of BKN's S&T pieces and blow this deal up?

11. Genuine

Genuine Member

I'd rather have Bynum if I'm Houston.

12. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

Man I hope you are right!!! Cause I can't handle another " we almost had him" heartbreak....I always thought we were in the best position to get him so I get a little nervous reading this...but you know the last thing the magic want to do is trade him to the team that he wants..they have no.reason to fulfill his dreams....

13. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Dan Gilbert facilitating a super-team?

Isn't that ironic....

14. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I'll be thrilled if Dwight is traded to Brooklyn. THRILLED. The guy was NEVER going to play here beyond this season and all we would have done is hand over multiple draft picks that we should be using to draft well and start over.

2 people like this.
  15. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

That "virtually" might be the only thing that you have hang onto when Dwight is traded to the Nets. Way to hedge. :)

16. Carl Herrera

Woj says CLE wants "draft pick sweetener" to take Hump.

Anyhow, this may still be leaked to pressure HOU and LAL into upping their bids.

17. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

He's just trying to help construct the next super team to make it harder for Miami to win multiple championships

18. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

So you think he will leave 58 million on the table and leave us after a year??.. who in their right mind would do that..I think Morey is betting on the fact that Howard doesn't have it in him to leave that money...Howard is bluffing ...I think its pretty clear

19. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I like how none of this is registering a sign of panic from the fans anymore. People might be on one side of the fence or another regarding acquiring Dwight, but almost all of us don't care too much either way. The cost of getting him and the lack of guarantees in doing so are making it almost a wash if we pull the trigger. Whatever.

20. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I don't think anyone is reacting much to the tweets because Brooklyn still seems pretty unlikely, even if they could find someone to dump Hump to.