1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sports Radio guys bad-mouthing the Rockets are idiots!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by woodtee, Jul 7, 2012.

1. radiohunk

radiohunk Member

I completely agree. Charlie might now always be pro-home team but he is knowledgable and makes sound arguments, and doesn't just make blanket statements. Right now 790 is way more credible than 610.

2. HRocketsFan

HRocketsFan Member

To me, it seems that Josh Innes tries more to bait the callers rather than make a sound argument. Look at Charlie Palillo. He uses words like "garbage" to describe Houston teams, but at least he brings an intelligent argument to support his case. Otherwise, people would be calling in ripping Charlie for being anti-Houston in addition to Josh Innes. All Josh wants to do is rile up the audience and get them to send hate tweets so he can retweet them to his followers.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i'm with you wholeheartedly that 610 is crappy...and that they way they've handled this offseason with the Rockets is ridiculous.

But the Texans lone playoff win in 10 years is of much more significance than the Rockets one playoff series win in 15 years. There's a premium on playoff spots in the NFL..making the playoffs is actually an accomplishment. In the NBA, everyone makes the playoffs -- more teams do than don't. So actually getting there and winning is a big deal in the NFL.

Beyond that, the Texans are trending up anyway. They'll be among the teams in the discussion for the Super Bowl this year. Vegas has them as the 2nd most likely team to win the AFC. They're very well positioned...I can't say the same about the Rockets, sadly.

4. JimmyJackson

JimmyJackson Member

Josh Innes has single handedly ruined SR610 IMHO. I avoid that dial at all times because of him and him constantly talking about himself.

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

It really went downhill when they brought in John Lopez. That was the start of the end of 610.

The right move was to bring in Matt and Adam to the morning and dump Vandermeer back to the afternoon. Simple as that, and they screwed that up.

Hiring Innes basically nailed the coffin.

I can't give 610's new guy a shot because he just happen to pair up with John Lopez.

6. okguy456

okguy456 Contributing Member

mmm not really seeing the big deal here. They can talk about the rockets how they want, and they seem a little bit frustrated just like the majority of people on clutchfans are at the moment.

7. JD88

JD88 Member

I'm more of a 97.5? Listener myself. I think its ESPN radio.

8. woodtee

woodtee Member

Does anyone know who that new guy is?

9. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

I haven't listened to 610 radio since the T-Mac/Yao era.