1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will fans in China watch the Rockets if they sign Lin and/or Brooks?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sinobball, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Come_Again?!

Come_Again?! Member

Wow did not expect that reaction. Shall we go after Stephon Marbury next?

2. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

He's China's best young center prospect. Has played decently in international competition against American high schoolers.

3. delta69er

delta69er Member

I see what you did there

4. sinobball

sinobball Member

If you know chinese you can search yourself, i'm already on page 8 and there was not a single positive tweet. The search query was neutral.
    s.weibo.com/weibo/%25E8%258E%25AB%25E9%259B%25B7%2B%25E7%2581%25AB%25E7%25AE%25AD&page=8

I only posted the trolling remarks, doesn't mean all of the remarks are like that, but it also doesn't mean that there is anything to suggest that anyone welcomes the decision.

Hupu banned all Rockets haters (at least in that subforum), they are the ones who aren't representative of the population.

5. junshao

junshao Contributing Member

So I guess you are banned from hupu then;)

If someone hates the rockets why go to a rockets bbs then?:confused:

6. sinobball

sinobball Member

This is partly right, our people do have a tendency to publicly diss/hate/knock on the things we support. Parents beat their children up because they have hopes for them. But that's not the point.

My original intent was to show that the apparent pursuit of the Chinese market may backfire. I then got carried away and picked out trolling remarks to translate. I apologize for the bias.

7. hahachui

hahachui Member

a Fan from HK
    I don't care if LIN or Brooks will come....to Red Nation at all

After Dragic/Lowry gone, I will still focus Rockets because of our draft picks this year /Donuts/Parsons.

imagine a lineup like

PG: Lin?/Llull?
    SG: Lamb/Martin
    SF: Parson/White
    PF: Scola/TJones (yes...i want to keep scola instead of PPAT)
    C: Asik/ Donut

8. junshao

junshao Contributing Member

:grin:sorry to call u a hater then, now that I understand your intention.

Alas, we all mean well.

9. sinobball

sinobball Member

That's the point, "diehard rockets fans" aren't representative of the population of basketball fans.

To answer your question, I was never banned by hupu but I left of my own volition. Before I left I was a 功勋会员 and had some mod authorities. I just did not like the homerism atmosphere on that site. I still visit that site for information but I usually don't bother to read responses on that site.

10. everyxt

everyxt Member

I would say the Rockets subforum in Hupu is more like Clutchfans, which should actually be a good representative of Rockets FANS. Weibo on the other hand, like Twitter, plenty of trolls.

Haters gonna hate. Its the fans really matter.

11. steven_orgy

steven_orgy Member

As a Chinese Rox fan, I've been watching Rox and supporting Rox for more than 10 years, not because of Yao or any other Chinese elements. BUT what Leslie has done really broke our heart! we'll not a championship contender, not at least another 10 years. Damn!

12. SacTown

SacTown Member

For those of you who have never been to china or associated with true chinese, they all did love Yao but the chinese are huge Kobe and LeBron fans. They like our superstars. They don't just follow asian players. They prefer our american stars. Kobe is the most popular player in all of China.

13. mmchampionship

The truth is not what you said.
    As i know,most fans in china want Lin to play for the Rocket.
    By the way,i'm chinese

14. steven_orgy

steven_orgy Member

I don't like Kobe, I am a T-mac fan

15. Altair

Altair New Member

First of all, as a chinese rockets fan who just registered in this forum today, I'm excited to see there are so many chinese fans in this forum.:)

Those listed on this thread above are truely happening in every forums in china. But they are obviously not fans of rockets or Lin. If Lin finnally plays for rockets and live on Chinese National TV, a lot of ppl will watch even if they were angry now.

16. Altair

Altair New Member

In china, kobe haters always love lebron, and vice versa.:)

T-mac fans were once huge group in china, but now they gradually turn to kobe or lebron or durant or griffin or...

kobe's and lebron's are respectively the first and second largest fan groups now, no longer t-mac's.