1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will fans in China watch the Rockets if they sign Lin and/or Brooks?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sinobball, Jul 5, 2012.

1. sinobball

sinobball Member

I was curious and went on weibo (Chinese twitter), and this is what I saw

放走德拉季奇洛瑞,找来什么布鲁克斯林书豪,尼玛真以为中国人傻钱多,草尼玛火箭
    Lin and Brooks, mother****er really thinks China has too many idiots with too much money, **** you Rockets

又想靠中国市场捞钱?从姚明那还没有捞够?
    They still want money from the Chinese market? Didn't they make enough from Yao?

现在的火箭队老板眼里除了钱就是钱,一点人情味儿都没有,要知道LIN不等于中国市场,看了10年火箭球迷也该换换口味了~~~
    The only thing the Rockets owner cares about is money. He should know that he won't win the Chinese market with Lin. I've been a Rocket fan for a decade, it's time for a change

连小黑豆都要?莫雷吃错药了?
    They even want Little Black Bean? Did Morey take his medications today?

想对亚历山大说一句,您辛苦了!!您多年处心积虑的想让广大中国球迷死心的宏伟计划终于成功实现啦!!在此对您用"伯乐"般英明的眼光选中的莫雷表示衷心的祝贺!!哦,对了,过几天您转让球队的时候别忘记联系咱许家印总裁和山西煤老板们哦!!明年火箭用状元签选择王哲林,雷哥这点心思路人皆知
    Hi Leslie, I just want to tell you, great job! You've finally convinced all Rockets fans in China to completely give up on your team! I also want to congratulate your genius Morey, we all know you are going to draft our Wang Zhelin with the #1 pick next year! Yeah!

cctv以后又要播火箭了,可我不会再看这支球队了
    Looks like Rockets games will dominate Chinese national TV again, however I won't ever watch this team again

~~~~~~

and then on Lin's weibo page, some comments in English:

hey jeremy, if u wannna get the 2013 Champion, never go to Houston. Stay at Knick, create UR legend. If u choose Houston, others will just think u are a person who love money, thats it. So do what u want, play what u like.

Don't go to Houston.Don't go to Houston.Don't go to Houston.Don't go to Houston.Don't go to Houston.Don't go to Houston.Don't go to Houston.Don't go to Houston.Don't go to Houston.Don't go to Houston.Don't go to Houston.Don't go to Houston.Don't go to Houston.Don't go to Houston.

Do not make the deal with Rockets please, money can not buy the feeling which win the game every night.

JeremyLin!I come from china ,i am your fans .please don't go to houston!!that is a very bad city!!!!!!!!

~~~~~~
    I'm just a messenger, don't shoot me

1 person likes this.
  2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

He is a restricted free agent and has no choice in the matter. Everyone posting there is ignorant.

3. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

That's one side of the story.

Believe or not, there are still lots Chinese Rockets fans out there, with myself being one of them:)

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

lolz.......
    Houston get 2 stars....... they will be watched again..... only time tells

5. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

They're like the Chinese versions of the fans on this site who complain that Les is only interested in signing Lin for money reasons.

6. Margrave

Margrave Member

There is probably a bigger chance of Brooks being in Houston than Lin, because NY will surely match.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

DAMN.
    Even Chinese fans hate Houston.
    What have we done to deserve such hate. :(

8. Bill Worrell

Bill Worrell Member

DOES this answer your question?

[​IMG]

9. junshao

junshao Contributing Member

I want to shoot the messenger! You only posted the negative half of the Chinese fans reactions for some reason.

There are plenty of fans like myself hoping for Rockets to sign Lin, just for the simple reason that I can watch their games on chinese TV again instead of some random, broken Internet streaming.

10. fogo18182028

fogo18182028 Member

No because Yao already brought the NBA connection to China. Chinese loves Kobe more than Lin.

Plus Lin is Asian-American and of Taiwanese descendent so I think the crowds he draw would be different?

11. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I guess greed is really a chink in Les' armor.

12. sinobball

sinobball Member

The only positive reaction I saw and didn't post was a comment on Lin's weibo, which says

hi man! just think about Houston Rockets !! all chinese fans will see u and Rockets agnin!!! please

I honestly did not see any positive reaction elsewhere. I checked the official Sina Sports account, NBA account, the account from basketball commentators such as Su Qun and did not see a single positive reaction.

13. junshao

Also speaking as a fan, not just a Chinese fan. This off season so far has been hard on us, difficult to like or to understand.

But you love a person or team for better or worse, ugly or pretty. Even the fans who are cursing and swearing, hating the team direction, I believe they love the rockets too. It's like we can b**** and moan about our under achieving child but we love them none the less.

I think that Kelly clarkson song "what doesn't kill u make u stronger" is kinda appropriate now.

Go Rockets!

14. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

LOL. So now Houston has gone from China's favorite NBA team to China's least favorite team. They must think that Houston ended Yao's career prematurely. It's Chinese National Team that wore down Yao's foot. Freaking commies.

15. junshao

Check out the biggest Chinese rockets fan bbs on hupu china then, plenty of positives there.

16. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Because trolls on the internet totally represent what the entire population wants. :rolleyes:

17. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

Some of those remarks in the first post seem to indicate that idiocy knows no ethnic bounds. People are people wherever you go.

18. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Is this Wang Zhelin any good ?

19. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Lock up this post it doesn't matter everyone knows the knicks will match! It's new York !

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

:eek: freakin capitalists.... more appropriate