1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin agrees to terms on offer sheet [Update: Lin officially signs]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dachuda86, Jul 5, 2012.

?

Do you want Lin's contract matched

1. Yes

230 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. No

505 vote(s)
    68.7%
  1. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

since when Dragic is at Howard's level (bball wise, not EQ wise)

2. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Doesn't anyone get the idea that Morey and Alexander is making so much dumb decisions this summer? So why would a $29mil/4 plus team option another dumb surprise deal? First of all, if they really want Jeremy Lin, you really have to hurt the Knicks...and look from that stand point. A mediocre deal tells me they're not going to be able to acquire Lin. Second, Lin probably don't want a bigger contract so as to hurt the Knicks chance of getting him back because he DOES want to be a Knicks after seeing how the Rockets screwed up their rosters. The bigger the deal, the harder the Knicks will be able to sign him back. If the Rockets really want him, they wouldn't have offer that 4th yr team option.

Anyone suggesting the Knicks will have a hard time matching this deal is ludicrous. 1st yr and 2nd yr would not hurt the Knicks because it's only $5mil/yr. 3rd yr, they can hurt the Knicks but so what....Lin can generate a hell lot more money than what they paid him. The 4th yr is team option. So overall, Rockets' deal is a joke. It almost seems like the Rockets are trying to help Lin get a better deal than if we were not sign at all. And they want to help him in a way where they know they're not going to be able to get him so they end up offering him a mediocre contract. If they offer a heavy backloaded deal, Lin wouldn't have like that fearing of losing going back to NY.

3. dubble dee95

dubble dee95 Member

Okay, I know the restriction is when the other team is able to offer and keep the player off of the tables, unlike an unrestricted free agent. I wanted to know if a restricted free agent was able to reject the their current teams counter offer because they wanted to be elsewhere so badly. Thanks for the answer.

4. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

I'd like to have Dragic back too but I think you are overhyping him a bit.

In fact, I will take Lowry and Lin over Dragic at their current contract.

5. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

As a Lin fan, i wouldn't have him to sign with the Rockets...it's r****ded lol...i mean look at the rosters....jesus...getting rid of Lowry and Dragic...the best 1 2 punch PGs in the league. I considered them high caliber players. Not signing Lee. Getting garbage player like Asik??? Getting rid of Budinger for a bag of chips? wtf lol. Signing Aaron Brooks...it's like they're going backward in time. Tmac is smiling right now lol. I bet Scola and Martin are pissed at home drinking and spitting all over the couches.

1 person likes this.
  6. teebone21

teebone21 Member

after seeing the list of FA centers avail i cant call Asik garbage anymore. He plays D better than all except mcgee

7. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

Javale Mcgee is a terrible defender, theres more to defense than just blocking shots.

8. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

This better happen. I am cringing at our PG situation unnder contract. We need Lin. I don't see a PG option that I'm comfortable with. Our strongest position turned into our weakest position in two nights!

9. LastBasket

LastBasket Member

People are missing the point, that during the third and fourth year, Melo, State and Tyson contract expire.

10. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

I think Morey's going to push MEM for either Josh Selby or Tony Wroten Jr. They're looking for more offensive punch in a backcourt dominated by Mike Conley and Tony Allen, and Kevin Martin makes sense there.

11. archinkent

archinkent Member

Am I the only person not too hyped about Lin? I hopped onto the Lin bandwagon during Linsanity and watched every NY games, and towards the end before his injury he became really ineffective once the defense figured him out. I hope NY matches.

12. VanityHalfBlack

This was his last game before he got injured...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2aDWfs56YoI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. dragonz

dragonz Member

So am I, I was so hyped up when he played first game off bench against Nets, and even though all my friends are non-believer of Linsanity, I always believed that he can be successful, but only in a pick-roll oriented team (AKA D'Antonie's team), and after watch him got destroyed by Heats and Rondo, and Rose, I stood my believe.

Lin is a decent player, and I like him with my heart, but he is not our answer (non-market-wise).

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

1. If you are going to go with huge font size on the word "STAT" (Stoudemire's nickname) maybe you should spell it correctly. It's not that hard.

2. The contract for Melo, STAT and Tyson expire in the 4th year, not "during the third and fourth year," whatever that means.

15. archinkent

archinkent Member

LOL this game is a good example. He was horrible for the first 3 quarters. If you watched the game you would know. He had a good 4th quarter I'll give him that.

16. VanityHalfBlack

and the Knicks won the game because of that...

17. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

And once again, this will all be for naught cause the Knicks are gonna match it.

Lame that we couldn't alteast drive up the initial contract so as to screw the Knicks

18. rocketsmetalspd

Knicks will match but Lin will do as well as he did because the offense will be run through Melo. That is what gained Woodson's current gig and he will not change it.

19. rocketsmetalspd

Opps will not do as well my bad.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

If the Rockets cannot bring back Lin, they likely will have to reach out to other free agent point guards, including former Rockets guard Aaron Brooks– Daryl Morey’s first draft pick as Rockets general manager. Randy Foye, who was a draft night acquisition of Rockets coach Kevin McHale as Timberwolves general manager, and Ramon Sessions are also potential targets. - Feigen