1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James WHITE

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jerinrulz, Sep 9, 2000.

1. jerinrulz

jerinrulz Contributing Member

i dont know much yet. but the guys a hschool junior and more athletic than neone in the nba. we have to tank in a year or so, so we can get this guy.

------------------
    Lookin at a 75 year old man in a thong: NASTY
    Lookin at Shaq hit free throws: "O SH**!"

2. alaskansnowman

3. IndianPlaya

IndianPlaya Contributing Member

Yea man, this James White guy is really awesome. I heard he can dunk FROM BEHIND THE THREEPOINT LINE with both hands. Hes the most incredible athlete ever born. It would be soo awesome to get this guy, the ROX have to get him.

------------------

4. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Vince Carter and the Raptors were 45 & 37 and got the 6th place seed in the East. The Knicks swept them in 3 straight.

Neither Magic nor Bird ever won a dunk contest, but have rings because they knew how to play the game. It's still a TEAM game and it takes more than pure athleticism to win titles.

IMHO if Carter wins an NBA championship in his career, it will AFTER he no longer wins the dunk contest. Sorry, I'm not holding my breath waiting for high school kids to come "save" the Rockets.

------------------
    GATER

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Bill Willoughby and Terrence Stansbury... now those guys were great athletes. Bill had that 48" vertical leap that would make Steve Francis' look crippled. And Stansbury had those "Statue of Liberty" dunks...

I still say it was a conspiracy by the NBA that stopped those two from going onto greatness. They should've won championships, but the NBA chose Bird and Magic...

------------------
    Falk that Mo Fo!!!

6. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Roflmao@D0D

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

7. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sounds like Baby Harold Miner to me....

------------------
    The Serious Police are watching.
    Follow the rules or be assimilated.
    Shandon is underrated.

8. hetero doxy

hetero doxy Member

dod-

yes, but willow had the greatest blocked shot in nba history, as any "old timers" here will attest.

------------------

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Sure, sure, hetero, you're talking about the block of the Sky Hook, right? Yeah, Bill has that. Who needs rings when you have a block on the most unblockable shot? But then I also saw Hakeem and Ralph block the Sky Hook back-to-back. Of course I think Kareem was about 83 at that point in his career.

Oh, and as my friend just told me, Wilt has blocked Kareem's Sky Hook as well, and that was when Kareem was young.

------------------
    Falk that Mo Fo!!!

[This message has been edited by Dr of Dunk (edited September 10, 2000).]

10. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

What I love about dunk contests in gymnasiums like the one's from those Hoop TV videos is how everyone watching runs around on the floor after a great dunk yelling and screaming. Man, that just cracks me up because I know I'd probably be doing the same thing.

During last year's dunk competition, when Vince Carter did some of those dunks (and Francis too), I'm sure my neighbors could hear me.

------------------
    Save Our Rockets and Comets
    SaveOurRockets.com

11. IndianPlaya

IndianPlaya Contributing Member

Athletic ability is extremely important for basketball players. With those kind of ups, one can imagine how many block shots he would get, and how many rebounds he would get. He is a must-get for the ROX.

------------------

12. jerinrulz

look all im sayin is that this guy has sum MAD potential. comeon being able to dunk like that, and to be able to dunk at 12??????? dont tell me you wouldnt want that on your team. This guy's athleticsm will just lead to more and more great things in this game. Come on this guys only a high school junior. He has way too much time to mature into a great player. Look at what carter has done with his athleticsm. and id be surprised if the raptors dont do a little better this yr anywayz. Remember carter at UNC? all he had was this crazy athleticsm. This guy is a high school junior and he has that and more. Ok maybe tanking for this guy might be somewhat premature, but come on! Who honestly does not wanna see stevie and this kid comin down on a 2 on 1 fast break huh? I just feel bad for whoever those two are goin to embarass.

------------------

13. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

What was the best showing by a D Wilkens team in the playoffs?

Mango

------------------
    1. Put new topics in the proper forum.
    Things happening in the rest of the NBA
    2. Use clear wording for new threads.
    3. No duplicate threads
    4. Conduct yourself as an adult.
    Donate Blood or be assimilated!

14. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Came off as egotistical, and overrated to me. I don't think a single person on this board has seen him in action. Did you not notice that none of the 4 pages said a word about his defense, or his outside shot? Having to tank to get him? Hah, I don't think so. He's at LEAST 3 years away from even having a chance to come out. More of these types of players end up as NBA busts (Miner) if not college busts. If athleticism and dunking was the #1 priority, why was Chris Porter in round 2? At 6'7'', he'd be slated as a SG/SF. I don't know about yall, but I like SHOOTING guards who know how to SHOOT.

------------------
    Follow the rules or be assimilated.
    Shandon is underrated.

15. hetero doxy

hetero doxy Member

MIKEstrad-

so, you're saying jason collier will be a better pro than chris porter? bwahahahaha!

------------------

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm gonna take a guess that there are several triple jumpers that could do that very same thing (dunk from behind the FT line with 2 hands). And ya know what? I don't want a damn one of 'em on the Rockets. [​IMG]

------------------
    Falk that Mo Fo!!!

17. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

HD, you dip. What makes you think Porter is gonna be a great player ? If you knew that, you should be a GM. Who knows, maybe 5 years down the road, Collier is a 20/10 guy. I wouldn't bet on it, you never know.

------------------
    "The road to hell is paved with Republicans." :)

18. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

The only joke is anyone who makes a case for Porter, the 55TH PICK, to show that he'll be better than Collier. The chance of that happening is about as slim as you can find. Porter over Collier? LOL. Thanks HD, I needed a good laugh.

------------------
    Looking for next year's Dan Langhi? Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

4th Friday of August= Rocket Day
    1999-Steve Francis
    2000-Maurice Taylor

19. jerinrulz

yo dod,
    im sure if those triple jumpers had game u sure as hell would want them on the rox. this guys been playin his whole entire life. He must have some talent. he would not be THIS hyped up if he didnt have game. well whateva, i just wanted to inform yall of this guy that i think has some serious potential.

------------------

20. alaskansnowman

James White is not a sure star right now, but he DOES have some ENORMOUS potential.

I mean, if you can or almost can dunk from the top of the key, that's gotta say something about how good you CAN be.

It's true that the article didnt' say anything about his shooting or such... I'll bet that he prolly doesnt have a good shot right now. He reminds me a lot of Darius Miles... tall, tremendous athletic ability and NO shot. And look how high Darius was picked.

Some might say that being athletic isnt everything, but this guy isnt just some super athelete that has never played before. He's been playing ALL his life, so he must have some pretty good skills. I wouldnt be surprised at all if James indeed has some tight handles just like Darius did.

Jerinrulz also makes a good point about Carter. He was all athletecism durin his college days, but he added some stuff and now look what he has become. But the main reason he's still so good is because of his crazy athletecism.

James White also has the same potential if not more so than Carter. The truth is, if you're athletic and have good size, then you will always have a good amount of potential. And that is what James White has. I mean, to say that he is really athletic WOULD be a major understatement.

And as he's gonna be a senior in high school, maybe thoughts of developing a jumper+padding some fundamentals will come into his mind as the glory of the NBA starts seepin into his head.

------------------
    president of the dan langhi fan club.

[This message has been edited by alaskansnowman (edited September 10, 2000).]