1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Dragic Far Apart, Return Unlikely?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Peace Goran, someone will pay you more than we are willing to. Can't blame you for taking the money. Wish you well.

2. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Are you serious? Dragic is a free agent, like every other free agent in the world in sports and the professional world he has a laundry list of things he's looking for (money, role, playing time, location, etc.). There is nothing abnormal with what he's doing. Lowry is the one of with the bad attitude and the sense of entitlement. He b****es on the court 24/7 and complains how fouls should be called for him on every play. During his tenure here and while under contract, he has b****ed about playing time, b****ed about the the coach, thrown a ball at a referee and has publicly made it clear he wants a trade out.

3. seyton

seyton Member

this is a false statement.

4. romain

romain Member

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    So Phoenix trades Goran Dragic AND a 1st pick for Aaron Brooks in 2011, and now wants to pay Dragic between $8M-$9M per year to return? Wow.

5. alethios

alethios Member

Gogi should be thanking his lucky stars every day that Lowry went down with his injury, because his value as a FA went up dramatically once he was able to start.

If the situation were any different, i.e., Lowry hadn't been injured and continued to start, we wouldn't be having this kind of discussion. Instead, Gogi would have been looking for another place to start, but more likely be asking for $5-6mil instead of this monster payday he's now looking for.

Yes, we would still be hoping to sign Gogi to the Rockets, but it wouldn't have seemed so desperate.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I guess the plan now is a lowry/gordon backcourt...not bad at all, but is lowry going to make up with mchale?

7. alethios

alethios Member

Doesn't sound like McHale is willing to make up with Lowry. I forget which interview it was, but McHale made it seem like, you either like me or you don't, take it or leave it - no apologies, IOW.

8. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Great so we keep the disgruntled PG and Morey has no assets to trade with Lowry as one of them. Genius job Morey. Good going. Another step back.

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Scott Machado better kick A$$ in Summer League!

10. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

You need to watch that video again.

11. RealContender

RealContender Rookie

Yeah, I'm not a fan of McHale's Drill Sergeant attitude. The way I see it is, these guys make millions of dollars per year and they don't want to play for some grunt (McHale).

Could the Rockets actually part with both Dragic and McHale this offseason?

Is it too late to trade with Portland? Lowry for Lillard? :grin:

12. RealContender

RealContender Rookie

err...Dragic and Lowry.

13. dookiester

dookiester Member

over the next 3 years camby will be 39, 40 and 41. love the dude but aren't we in rebuilding mode?

14. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

gonna miss Goran, but hopefully Zoran will wreck in the summer league

15. alethios

alethios Member

We were getting solid minutes from Mutombo at this age bracket. Why not Camby? I really want Camby to stay in Houston for at least a couple of years.

16. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

i don't see Dragic doing well in Phoenix. he's going to second guess himself since he'll be replacing Steve Nash and it's going to get in his head.

Houston was the best place for him to be an all-star.

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

One of several summer league guys that a lot of eyes will be on. I keep reading what a superior passer he is. Hope so.

Assuming getting his starter minutes back will soothe KLowry's bruised ego, then one possibility is letting Royce White handle the rock as the primary distributor with the 2nd team. This would allow a taller, good defending guard to hold that role in the rotation (instead of having to sacrifice defense to find an offense/assist orientated PG). After hearing how Hoiberg and McHale spoke about White prior to the draft, it seems clear that McHale must be at least considering this. Otherwise, why draft him over Zeller? This idea seems pretty progressive for McHale. I hope he doesn't chicken out.

18. Spooner

Spooner Member

Would you prefer he gave Goran 10 million+ a year

19. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

Why can't we sign Dragic to 8-9mil a year and then just trade him at the deadline? You're slackin Morey!!!

On another note, this can't be a surprise to the organization, right? They had to have known what kind of salary he was looking for, which means they also were planning to move on without him. Wonder what they got up their sleeves...

20. That Boi Oz

That Boi Oz Member

You nailed it!!!!