1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Dragic Far Apart, Return Unlikely?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

A healthy Lowry is better than Dragic, John Hollinger( the stat wiz agrees)

but its moot point

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Suns fans don't even think he's worth $10 mil. Nice try agent. Goran will re-sign for a Scola type contract.

3. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

apples and oranges, PG's are not hard to find.. The Rockets can tell you that first hand

Asik was a MUST sign because we dont have anybody on our team that can block shots, and play P&R defense as good as him. And not only that, but centers in general in the NBA arre hard to find. Asik's deal is nothing, just watch and see what Javale McGee gets

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Scola's making like 9M per year lol. I'm pretty sure if the diff is just 1M I'd bite that bullet.

5. Pahokee

Pahokee Member

Bingo. It only takes one team to fall in love with a guy. All of the others can think he's not worth it, but if one pays, he'll jump.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Just realized you compared Dragic to Asik lol. Asik is a 7 ft center, guys like Kwame Brown are getting 7M a year. Dragic is a pg, good pgs are pretty common in the league, hell we still have Lowry manning the pg spot.

7. carib

carib Member

I expected that other teams more in need of a point guard will make better offers to Dragic so I would not be surprised if he signs somewhere else.
    We have Lowry on a lower contract so it would be difficult for us to commit fully to Dragic's demand as opposed to other teams that don't have a quality point guard.
    I would love for Dragic to be a Rocket but he has to explore his options and determine what works best for him, I wish him best of luck wherever he goes.

Now the focus can be about what to offer Lee or Camby assuming Morey has them in his plans.

8. cardpire

cardpire Member

i'll ask once again: is kwame brown at $7MM/year a good contract?

9. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

VSpan?

10. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

It wasn't. So why would Dragic's 10 million per year be a good contract?

11. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Its good business sense for Dragic to go talk to other teams to see what they will offer him. He is talented and showed flashes of being a really good PG. He also showed flahses of needing to work on his decison making. Down the stretch of the season he had a lot of bad possesions that may have cost us games.

I think 8 mil sounds about right. I wonder if Morey would keep them both, if Dragic agreed to a deal to come back, and let them battle it our in camp for the starter spot. Both would be great off the bench. Do these guys ever watch Manu or Harden? They can even play together for short stretches of the game so playing time should not be an issue. This is going to be a looong wait.

Suns drafted Marshall so they need to give him time to develop. So would they pay Dragic over 8 mil a year to teach Marshall for a couple of years?

12. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Lol--people calling Dragic greedy for having his agent try to check out multiple offers need to chill. This is why it's called a salary negotiation--You haggle, play the market to get concessions from the other side, and hopefully end up with the best deal you can get. It would be negligent of Dragic's agent not play the market and anchor high--that's his job.

And people saying that if Asik gets 8 mil a year then Dragic should be getting more might want to familiarize themselves with the concept of supply and demand. Good point guards are a dime a dozen in today's league. But it's hard to find a center that can walk and chew gum at the same time, even though you've need a C that can actually defend the paint in the playoffs (unless you've got Lebron/Wade/Bosh). Kendrick Perkins and Asik are basically the same player and Asik's deal is comparable to what Perkins is getting--good defense, terrible offense.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Why does Gogi have to be so difficult?? Sorry, why is Gogi's agent being so difficult??

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am sure you are in love or infatuated with this player..... this honeymoon is going to end some day....don't worry

15. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Morey will sign Gogi at around 7-8 million.. he wont go higher than that

16. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

So uh........... How about that nice spaniard kid sergio????????

Yes lowry and goran's brother will hold it down until sergio comes over and it wont cost 10 million.

17. Hball

Hball Member

How ironic after every one was so quick to try and get rid of lowry.

18. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

ITT: Classic example of Clutchfans fickleness/knee-jerky/short term memory.

19. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

You can't blame Dragic for going for the big payday. If a team is willing to pay him $10 million a year, good for him. I don't see why any team would do that, however.

20. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Not trading Lowry on draft day might be the best decision Morey has made this offseason.