1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Magic have decided to begin engaging in trade discussions for Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jul 1, 2012.

1. HipHopSince1981

meh. Dwight probably doesn't want to come here for the same reason he doesn't really want to go to LA and follow the path of Shaq. Following the path of Hakeem and Yao is just as much pressure

2. mic

mic Contributing Member

Dwight is despicable.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

That's what the Magic "insider" and/or 'friend' of Dwight said.

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

UTAH, and Milwaukee are good teams...so no...

Many fans in the Orlando area...are mostly likely fed up...but here is the issue...They cant get anything from the NETS...and the NETS will not be able to facilitate anything...I doubt that the Rockets are looking to help the Nets at all...and neither is any other team in the NBA...

1st Howard is a total total idiot for resigning last year...Should have been traded and could have played out his contract...and become the UFA he really wanted to be. For that reason alone, he should just fire all of his agents and advisors...that was really bad advice. So in the path of this Howard Hurricane...he has managed to throw his team under the bus...quit on them for a surgery...get his (top 5)coach fired... get his GM fired...

The Magic are clearly stuck with this quick sand...mess...They could have gotten quality players last year...or gotten lottery picks this year...They should have actively tried getting picks...

Enter our Rockets...desperate...and clearly had zero chance of keeping him beyond this year. I was one of the many that were clamouring for the trade before the picks were made...however...now...i just wanna see the summer league played out...I wanna see what players are able to do and go from there...I think we actually hit with our picks and it would be a damn shame to trade something that clearly has much more value than a bitter superstar...

The Rockets and their mgmt should steer clear away from Howard...we tried going after him...and our organization took a big hit...imagine what the Orlando mgmt is dealing with...its a disgrace...

Lastly...the biggest and most of the blame should go on the owners and league officials for not punishing these over hyped cry babies...but instead..they caved under the pressure of making a deal without insuring a hard cap was in place...Jordan was right...he earned his value...and rep...players these days...come out of high school demanding shoe contracts...etc...without having to do anything...

5. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

**** Dwight, this whole saga is the worst in NBA history. I've never seen such a whiny mutha****a, getting his coach fired, lying to the media, acting like a baby, like he's a victim, and only wants to go to 1 team only?? I hope we don't get him, resign Camby and when he comes to Houston, Marcus will elbow the **** out of him and then Royce White will throw the KO punch! F U Howard, you are making me sick!!

6. JLO

JLO Member

I completely agree with this sentiment! I want nothing to do with Howard and that whole train wreck. It would be an absolute nightmare watching him pout while the media has a field day distracting the team with the same question: will you resign or leave for Brooklyn. I just don't think it's worth it and I'd rather develop guys who want to play for the Rockets. I think the Asik signing was a step in the right direction. I think we have a real shot at a S&T for Gordon and those guys paired with Dragon, DMo, White and Parsons are a great core.

7. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Yes, it makes sense. Does any team really want to have a player who clearly does not want to be with you? Is that good thing or bad thing?

8. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

If he's bluffing it does.

9. senter

senter Member

10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

...but the Rockets are still the only team trying to do anything for Dwight Howard, outside New Jersey and Los Angeles. Dallas is not really considering Howard.

Most of the other good teams and even mediocre franchise are not even pursuing that option. Having dedication is one thing, show desperation and risk losing young players with potential in the process is another one.

Even worse, Howard is so dense and oblivious that he doesn't realize this hurting his (pseudo-self righteous) nice guy image and most of all, his own value as a player. On the contrary, if Howard does end up a glamorous team or within glamorous city, it could in fact boast his overall appeal.

Does going to a place like New York or Los Angeles help his value? Yes, it does for him (but not as much as people think), probably more so than it would for Lebron or Kobe who will be a major star attraction where ever they go in the world. Both players could lose their NBA salaries and they'd still be the highest paid NBA players by a good margin. Still...the biggest attractions in the league, today.

Painful reality for Howard and even the Magic, no one really wants to watch either team, outside of Orlando (sometimes in the city itself). The Magic are at best an average franchise, I doubt they would appeal to fans in other NBA cities on their name value alone, while Howard is the best center in the game, though he isn't necessarily a big draw himself, not like Kobe, Durant, Lebron, and few others. His name doesn't bring out people in droves in some odd middle American town. He's not quite there, yet or he doesn't have the appeal for that. He's trying to get that in his mind by going to Brooklyn, while Jay-Z might possible try to help him get there by being a star attraction on his team.

Basketball players tend to have bigger endorsement deals versus baseball, American football, and other American sports. Overall, the biggest endorsement deals tend to come with PGA Golf players, International soccer players and race car drivers, NBA stars, and tennis stars.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Somewhere, Lebron is hoping this plays out a lot longer. Gives Howard more time to keep making an ass out of himself and making The Decision a distant memory.

1 person likes this.
  12. vince

vince Member

I don't see why anyone is talking bad about Dwight Howard. So much of it is based on hear say!!! If y'all don't want to be along for the Roller Coaster, don't read about Howard and his melodramatics!!!

If the Rockets were to trade for him, they would have his Bird Rights!!!

If Howard were willing to leave money on the table to become a free agent, it is HIS RIGHT!!!!

However, I think it's worth a shot. As it is, we do know that Morey is excellent at finding and plugging in solid NBA talent into a roster. If the Rockets traded away their unproven core of recently drafted players, that's a gamble well worth taking.

If it all falls apart, then the Rockets could suck and finally be in contention for a top 3 pick again.

Morey has proven himself to be a very capable GM. He's gone all in on certain trades or for certain free agents. So far none of his big moves have panned out. But his little moves have show he is more than capable.

1 person likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

What we already knew but...

David Aldridge ‏<s>@</s>daldridgetnt Despite Dwight Howard's desire to go to Brooklyn, there's currently no Nets deal that interests Orlando, according to source. Story up soon.

14. teebone21

teebone21 Member

if they get joe johnson and dwill resigns dwight cant go their anyways with wallaces new contract

15. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Has David Aldridge ever reported anything good or ever said something good about Houston?

Shocker.

They try so hard to keep him then they try so hard to trade him.

They change coaches and GMs and think that will convince him, but it does not. So they adopt Houston's mindset thinking he won't leave money on the table and he threatens to sue. Then they are ready to trade him. No offers interest them again....how long will this take?

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Howard ****ed up by re-upping he is screwed.

And I love it.

DD

17. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

I got $20 to the tip jar if the Rockets don't make a deal for Howard

18. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

[​IMG]

19. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

At this point, I want him here. Not for basketball reasons but because if this team can't be interesting and competitive on the court (and it won't be once we gut the roster of talent to get the guy who despises Houston) it might as well be a train wreck off the court.

This will be like the Tmac secret microfracture surgery times 10 except this time everyone sees it coming so there are no hopes of things turning around for the best. Thanks, Les Alexander. You have created a team and a situation that makes long time fans like me so desperate that we will keep following just to see the carnage instead of basketball.

The icing on the cake would be if we could sign him to an extension and then ship him to the Bobcats or an equally disasterous situation.

20. Illegal Machine

How crazy would it be for Howard to come here, we go to the Finals, and EVERYONE is rooting for the Heat because they want to see Dwight lose?

HA!