1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chances of Lowry staying and Goran being traded?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by anchel, Jul 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

60-40

Goran has shown flashes, thats not necessarily a tell-tell sign of a better player

Lowry has shown more consistency and has played at a higher level when hes been at his best

dont forget Dragic was the starter of that 7 game losing streak, ppl tend to gloss over that fact which is pretty huge

I like Goran but hes more risky from my eye test of watching both players

2. Third eye

Third eye Member

What happend to our TE we had at the beg. Of last year, or the season before...
    can someone refresh on TE and the new CBA....a tad off topic, but a question
    in regards to Trade Exemptions (TE), and the new CBA rules if anyone does know?

3. Third eye

Third eye Member

Yup....he was picking up dribble, getting in the air and not knowing what to do
    at times. He was prior to that fairly doing well penetrating w/o picking his dribble up when he was playing the best...and I think he shot the ball a tad under his regular % during the streak. Lowry is a Pitt bull but diva...
    if only somehow Boston wanted him....RrRrrRonnndooooo:grin:

4. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

what's all this convincing Les crap? you guys give Morey to much of a pass… I promise you 95% of all moves and direction of this team is done by Morey.. He sits down with Les talks to him about what to do and how he can moreyball it to the top.. Les probably said "i don't wanna tank".. after that this has been ALL morey, taking 356 PF's is ALLLL MOREY.. signing cheap role players is ALLLL MOREY…

at some point maybe after another 5 years of morey pulling this u finally see he isn't that good...

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Keep an eye on Machado...excellent passer...from IONA

6. yobod

yobod Member

Also, don't forget McHale was trying to keep everyone happy by playing Lowry along with Dragic at the same time which caused a lot of awkwardness and standing around for everyone. You can't give Dragic full reign and then put Lowry in there to handle the ball with him.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Exactly, when Lowry came back the chemistry went to ****, and it cost the team the playoffs.

DD

8. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Doubt Goran is traded because I think it would have to be an amount smaller than what he's looking for for a S-n-T deal. But I'd say 30/70 on Goran leaving and Lowry staying. ie I think Goran is staying and Lowry is gone.

9. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Wasn't Lowry's fault though. He didn't come back trying to mess the team up.

10. joesr

joesr Member

If its a snt, then he could agree to it.

If he wants 10 mil, for a role that was even better the KL, equal if lucky then screw that. Near the end of our season, teams were figuring out GD and it showed big time.

If he cant come down to earth on price, F it.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Definitly not his fault - it was a coaching error and a lack of defining the roles by McHale.

DD

12. joesr

joesr Member

He can actually get more in a SnT, extra year with us being home team signing and other teams can afford more since they are swapping pay roles.

13. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I've heard Morey say that he basically has carte blanche to do whatever.Alexander seems too clueless to have any real hand in anything, other than just giving his basic vision of direction.

14. joesr

joesr Member

Serious? I though it was because teams were figuring out the left hand ability of GD. Oh yeah it was! GD was absolutely horrible in the last games of the season.

The only plausible excuse at this point was there was no one for him to pass off to. And if that is the excuse we have NO, NONE, NADA, ZERO reason to be trying for the playoffs.

15. Prince

Prince Member

10m vs 5m?

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

If Machado turns out to be an absolute stud, then I think we let Dragic go.

17. ncagg42

ncagg42 Member

I like Dragic because he has some deep playoff experience (the run he had with the Suns and how spectacular he was vs the lakers), his size, and his upside. Lowry has pretty much maxed out at this point... and his attitude lately makes me wary of being committed to him to lead our team at the point.

I put the chances less than 10%, due to morey and mchale realizing this and I think the Rockets are trying to get younger, more than a win now mode.

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Dragic is not going...Although Lowry's contract is favorable, Mchale seems to get better play from Dragic...Goran is gonna quickly find out...that just like forwards...there is a lot of talanted PGs in the league...and unless your Nash, Deron, level PG...your not gonna get 10 mil/yr

19. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I actaully see this as the end game for Gordon. We offer Dragic in a s-n-t with Patterson or Royce White. We keep Lowry (the better defender) to pair up with the 6'3 Gordon in the backcourt. Keep Martin as a sixth man. That lineup could win 50+ games.

Lowry-Machado
    Gordon-Martin-Lamb
    Parson-Jones-Lamb
    Scola-Jones-Lueur
    Asik-Camby

20. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Sounds like you could use a hug.