1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchCity.net Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 1/4/2003

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 4, 2003.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Looking forward to this game since it's the first in a while I'll be able to watch ...

Game Information, Potential Radio Links, Rockets History vs. Warriors
    http://www.clutchcity.net/nextgame.cfm?NextGameID=327

Game Chat Starts At 7:30pm
    http://www.clutchcity.net/chat.cfm

ClutchCity.net Previous Box Score: Rockets 103, Bucks 80
    http://www.clutchcity.net/game.cfm?gameID=326

<B>Note:</B> It's tougher to find audio links online since the NBA has cracked down on radio stations playing the games on the web, but if there are good radio links for the game, please post them here or communicate them in the chat room.

Thanks,
    Clutch

2. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

clutch I figured you always found a way to watch every, game or at least tape it them watch it.

If the Rockets do not improve their record against the Phoenixs, Utahs, Minnesotas and the Seattles--known as the decent but not great teams---they will not make the playoffs.

As for tonights game, GS plays the Rockets better at Compaq Center, if the Rockets blow this game, it will truly be a shame.

3. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

Okay, thread hijacking time (it's been done enough to me before)...

JBII, have you met my sister Lauren at Royal Oaks yet?

4. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

If the Rockets lose this game, I think the feelings of the fans and the team will be that we're back at square one. Houston MUST win.

5. aries323

aries323 Member

This is a team we can and should beat. Therefore... we lose.:mad: :mad:

But then again... we always beat the Warriors though.

97 Rox
    79 Warriors

6. jcage

jcage Member

I read an article on the Houston Chronicle web site that talked about how the players felt about loosing to teams that they should beat. It would seem from the article that they know what they have to do. I hope that this won't be another let down. These are the games that we HAVE to get. For this one there will be no excuses. We are rested and playing at home, so we should get this one. Shouldn't we. :confused:

7. killabee916

killabee916 Member

the rockets should win this one easil7

rox 105 gs. 91

8. killabee916

killabee916 Member

9. GreatProgrammer

Will win! Definitely!

10. kobo

kobo Member

Rockets 100
    Warriors 84

The Jazz just won again last night. Rockets'd better win, too.

11. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

i think we wil win.
    but i fear Yao Ming will strugle against there strong frontcourtplayers. He wil have a decent game, but he wil have to take a beating, and wil have a sore body at the end of the game

12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

i feel like this is a must win also. confident booster and makes the players believe that if they come out playing like every game has playoff importance they can win every game. GO ROCKS!

13. lovermanbuda

lovermanbuda Member

When ever u guys talk about easy wins.......I sometimes fear for the Rockets. We have to get this game ........we just have to.

14. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Go Rockets!

I'm posting from Monte-Carlo and cannot find Rocketball on TV. Going crazy but having fun.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's going to be a tough game. The Rockets should start going inside first before going outside.Both Yao and Griffin will have to rebound better.Yao can get to the line and get more free throws if he gets offensive boards and second attempts. Yao,Cato and Griffin should post up against their centers and PF's to put pressure on them and then later on Francis,Mobley and hopefully Posey/Rice/Griffin can get going with outside shooting if they pass the ball well. Defensively Francis will need to shut Arenas down,Posey and T-Mo need to defend against Jamison,and Mobley needs to take Richardson off the dribble and keep him out on the 3 point line so he can't take off for his dunks. I would like to see Hawkins back in the rotation on defense as well.
    I have the feeling that we are going to miss KT for this game but if the guys cut down on their mistakes and don't make rash decisions we should win.

16. pelusillo

pelusillo Member

I heard that Mo Taylor is injured and is probable for tonights game.

Does anyone think we will see Cato and Yao in the court at the same time again today??

I do!

GO ROCKETS!!

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

This is another one the Rocks should find easy to win. The players have put themselves in put-up or shut-up mode. A loss here would be big, imo. But we pull out a nail-biter...

Rocks 97
    Warriors 96

18. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

Has Cato played with Yao at the same time yet? Have I missed something?

19. haven

haven Member

The Rockets have trouble against teams that play tough physical defense, and veteran teams with savvy.

I see no problem with the Warriors. Rockets will win in a rout. Now that we finally have a "good" team, I can actually predict that with a straight face.

I expect Yao to have a big game.

20. pelusillo

pelusillo Member