1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2011-12

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven

Raven Member

I don't think I've ever done one of these, because I know I'd suck at it. I will not even attempt to match salaries. I'm no Bima and won't even try to be.

Here it goes.

If Minny wants to take that next step they need veterans. That explains why they Want Gasol. OK, let's have fun with that.

Assuming they get Gasol, we offer them Lowry and K-Mart for Rubio. Little Ricky is a star in the making, but he needs some time. Lowry and K-mart get along well with RA, and that would give them Kevin Love, Kevin Martin, Gasol, and Lowry, with both Love, Lowry, and Martin all being in their twenties. Minny gets a veteran line up that has a nice window, and we get a star point guard to go along with our young core. We also don't have to over pay on Goran.

I'm quite sure the money won't match, but I just wanted to put it out there.

2. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

There's no way in holy hell that they let go of Rubio.

3. valorita

valorita Member

4. da_juice

da_juice Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=778ptku

Rockets get a young, athletic center, and free up some of the logjam at the forward positions

Bulls get a shooting guard (something they sorely need) and some guys to compliment their bench. They can plug Jones or Morris in at the backup 4, Gibson at the backup 5, and Asik as a starter.

I'd follow that deal up with this:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7wwn4fd

The Nets need something to satisfy their fans in Brooklyn, so they bring in a pretty well-known and somewhat exciting young player. We take back Morrow's expiring contract, but the Nets cancel our pick obligation.

The Kings get a point guard who they always wanted, and get a 2nd player to add to their frontcourt. Cousins/Robinson/Hayes/Scola is a pretty solid frontcourt. The Kings send us a top ten protected 2013 first round pick.

That gives the Rockets:
    Noah
    Motiejuanas/Patterson
    Parsons/White
    Lamb/Morrow
    Dragic/free agent point guard

Aside from Noah's bigger contract (which I think he is worth) and Dragic's new contract, we have relative little salary, retain our future picks, and get an additional first rounder.

5. da_juice

da_juice Member

I think I like this one better: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7grqsac

maybe couple it with this:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7roysat

Perkins/Anthony
    Motiejuanas/Patterson
    Parsons/White
    Lamb/Morrow
    Dragic/Chalmers

For the Heat, this may be a stretch, but I think Varejao would fit in well and is the better player than Anthony. While losing Chalmers is big, the Heat could surely find a veteran point guard willing to play for little money (Jameer Nelson perhaps?)

Like the other trade, the Rockets would have little outstanding salary and would receive a pick from the Kings and get their obligation to the Nets removed.

6. Muaz

Muaz Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6o5ybfx

Rockets get Bynum and some rotation players.

Lakers get Dwight and some rotation players.

Timberwolves get Gasol I know Wolves are getting robbed I just working stuff together.

Magic get three first round picks to help rebuild, a good expiring in Kevin Martin who is also in his contract year so he will be playing at a high level, a good point guard in Lowry, a good center in Pekovic, and a #2 draft in Williams. I think Williams can be good in the league he had a solid rookie season, and he can improve.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Kmart, Lowry, Scola and our 3 first rounders from this draft for Bynum (injury plagued), and two so-so players on JJ and Webster who eat into cap space? I like Bynum a lot but no thanks. We are giving up way too much.

8. Crank

Crank Member

I think rashard Lewis just got waived. We need more forwards. Let's
    Offer him max!

9. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

1.)
    Hou. Receives: Josh Smith, Steve Blake
    Atl. Receives: Pau Gosal, Macus Morris
    LAL. Receives: Lowry, Scola, Marvin Williams

2.)
    K-Mart + Patterson + Dallas' pick (or Motiejunas) for Al Jefferson

offer Eric Gordon $13M per / or re-sign Lee
    re-sign Dragic & Camby

Jefferson, Camby, Smith
    J. Smith, White, Leuer
    Parsons, Jones
    Gordon/Lee, Lamb
    Dragic, Blake, Livingston

Home court in 1st round

1 person likes this.
  10. bellclare1

bellclare1 Member

Martin, Morris, Patterson

for

Eric Gordon

i believe thats enough if they want more no way...

11. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

Love these trades. The HOU/LAL/ATL trade works for everyone however I don't think that Morey and his crew want Josh Smith, but I like it!

Jefferson will bring the post production that we lose when Scola leaves. All round good team and good trades - Rep for you.

12. teebone21

teebone21 Member

short team bro lol. backcourt of 6ft 3 guards and lacking at the SF position.

13. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

Dragic is a big pg. Gordon plays above the rim like DWade. big Al & Smith will give you a combined 20 rpg. and blocks alot of shots.

you'd be crazy if you don't like this line-up if come true :confused:

14. meyaoyoujane

meyaoyoujane Member

Long time reader. First time poster.

Houston signs Asik.
    Trades Lowry, Scola, possibly Morris or filler for Gasol
    Bring Llull and Motiejunas over

PG: Dragic/Llull/Fortson or Boykins
    SG: Lee/Martin/Lamb
    SF: Parsons/Morris(?)/White
    PF: Gasol/Patterson/Motiejunas
    C: Asik/Camby

Realistic, totally achievable, deep and young team with potential, some good vets in Camby, Gasol, Martin and Boykins. Great length up front with good D on perimeter. Could be defensive behemoth.

Still maintains financial flexibility when Martin, Gasol come off books in one and two years, respectively. Or trade Martin at deadline for add'l piece or 2013 picks.

What do you guys think?

1 person likes this.
  15. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Welcome! Don't be a lurker, contribute! Lol.

As for the trade.

Sounds like a Morey move. Gives us plenty of length up front which I like. We've collectively **** on the Gasol idea, because we all had our hopes up for bigger things but overall that leaves Houston a lot better.

16. eman

eman Contributing Member

Y'all don't forget we got Shaun Livingston, a very capable backup 1/2. But we'd best sign Dragic already. As soon as that happens, Kyle's gone-- I assume.

17. meyaoyoujane

meyaoyoujane Member

I think this idea seems more likely then the multiplayer multiteam trades i always see on here. Mchale can keep it simple for himself with suffocating defense and relentless pick and roll with Dragic and Gasol. We do need some better perimeter shooting in this scenario though. Either through trade or when Lamb eventually starts over Lee.

18. meyaoyoujane

meyaoyoujane Member

PG: Dragic/Livingston/Llull
    SG: Lee/Martin/Lamb
    SF: Parsons/Morris/White
    PF: Gasol/Patterson/Motiejunas/Jones
    C: Asik/Camby

Good enough for playoffs I'm sure. If some young guys realize their potential quickly. The results could be very nice.

19. anesticle

anesticle Member

K-Mart/Asik/Patterson/D-Mo/Lamb to the Magic for Dwight Howard
    Scola/Morris/Brockman for Josh Smith
    Sign Deron Williams and Rashard Lewis
    Resign Lee and Camby

D.Will/Lowry
    Lee/Livingston
    Parsons/Lewis/White
    J.Smith/Leuer/Jones
    Howard/Camby

20. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

i can't believe people here are trading Asik for Howard already :rolleyes::eek::confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.