1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We are ONE DAY AWAY from the NBA Draft and knowing what the Rockets will do with the #3 selection. We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft LIVE at 8:00pm CT!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

What I hope happens? (Hear me out)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by freddyg956, Jun 29, 2012.

1. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

He said he was a 4 who could also play 3(this from his own mouth). So you are right and wrong. He is tall and can easily play 4 if needed to, the guy isn't skinny like Lamb.

2. Mr.Rocket85

Mr.Rocket85 Member

I've been keeping a basketball eye on this kid since he got to UK. And I've always seen him as a poor mans Paul Pierce. Royce can ball. But I like what Jones was doing in the paint and stepping out and hitting the J.

3. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

The past 3 years we have been going with Scola, Lowry,Martin.. all of which are not on my lineup. The whole issue with D12 is 1 not going to happen, 2 if he unhappily gets traded here why is he going to put forth an effort? NBA'ers have been known to quit when not happy.
    While true that we would clear cap if he leaves, so does the situation I posted because we aren't taking any big superstar contracts.
    And if you think KHumphries is still a PF you like many others underrate his value and don't watch the NETS.(dont blame you)He's a Center.

4. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Yeah, his attitude's a reason for concern, but he's only 21 and seems like the kind of player that would blossom in a positive, winning environment. SAC's been a zoo for the last few years. He was certainly affected by Westphal's incompetence, Tyreke's r****dation, and the negative energy that's been flowing through that org ever since the "2nd best in the West" days with Webber, Divac, Bibby, Christie, Stojakovic, and White Choc.

Cousins is going to be a force for the next decade. He and Kevin Love are going to dominate the NBA.

5. TheRocketfan

TheRocketfan Member

You're forgetting Shaun Livingston for the vet backup PG , already on roster

6. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

He was in the PF group at the combine

7. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

You're right forgot about him. If he's even a shell if his former self I'll take it.

8. copacetic81

copacetic81 Member

This whole "Dwight doesn't want to be here, therefore I don't want him" type of logic is particularly troublesome because it contains reinforces the insecurities that the person thinking it fears most. The problem of wanting to build a competitor and wanting to field a young team that can grow together can be solved with this move:

Trade for Dwight using a package of our veterans.

You acquire the best center in the game to win games and probably more.
    You open up spots and minutes for our younger players.

Everyone has their favorites that they would or would not trade, but the point is to make this move and move forward. My personal roster for next year would look something like this:

Dragic/ Fortson ...
    Clee/ Lamb...
    Parsons/ White...
    Donatas/ Jones/ Leuer
    D Howard/ Camby/ Smith

Also, trading for Howard means we can offer the best contract. The extra $ per year and the extra year adds up to money you don't sneeze at or make up in endorsements (as if his profile could get that much bigger, the NBA is already global) means we would be in the best position to sign him.

Thanks for reading.

9. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

Only issue with your logic is how do we keep all those players while only giving up Martin Luis and Lowry? Why would the magic do that

10. Mr.Rocket85

Mr.Rocket85 Member

He would be a much a dangerous and tough to gaurd 3. Dude is dangerous.

11. copacetic81

copacetic81 Member

Well, Patterson and Morris would be gone as well, and a first rounder too. And we could take on a bad contract, just not play them.

What I really mean to drive at is that even if we send Parsons it is the best move.

12. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

I'd like to see the following 10 man rotation.

1st unit:
    1. Dragic.
    2. Lee.
    3. Parsons.
    4. Dmo.
    5. Joakim Noah.

2nd Unit:
    1. Livingston.
    2. Lamb.
    3. Morris.
    4. Jones.
    5. White (point center).

Keep Camby, Leuer, and that other pg. Trade (for Noah), amnesty, and send rest to RVG.

I think this would be a heck of a team :)

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd like us to win 12 games next year.

14. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

What everyone else said. If you pick a direction, that also means a concerted effort towards either winning or rebuilding, you can't do both.

To rebuild, you trade away Lowry, Martin, Scola like you said. Re-sign Dragic since we have no good young PG's to build up. Re-sign Lee and start him until Lamb hopefully proves he deserves the starting spot more. Start Parsons until White hopefully supplants him. Make it a FFA at PF with Patterson, D-Nuts, and Jones. Re-sign Camby because I want him to become our new mascot. We can even let him finger wag once in a while when he blocks shots (but you have to do it towards the stands Marcus!!!). Don't try to trade for anybody unless they are under the age of 25. Beg Llull to come over, see what he can do.

Win 25 games. Or 35. Or 15. That part is less important. Playing time for the youngsters is what counts.

15. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

White isn't a sf. He's not Lebron. I think he'd have more difficulties than Morris trying to defend the 3. His advantage is at 4 or 5 imho.

16. copacetic81

copacetic81 Member

Sigh, not exactly what everyone else is saying. Dwight and Dragic and some combination of CLee, Parsons and Donatas would keep is playing winning basketball and if the can produce we would be fun to watch and tough in a series. Winning, while rebuilding.

Optimistic, I know, but not unreasonable.

Copa81

17. copacetic81

copacetic81 Member

fixed.