1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Larry Bird as Rox GM ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by httx713, Jun 29, 2012.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

What strategy do you think there is that would let the team be a contender faster?

2. httx713

httx713 Member

he hasn't been able to land the big star, not entirely his fault so it's time to trade scola/martin/lowery and tank tank tank ... no stars wanna come here for whatever reason . if they continue to stay competitive but no quite making the playoffs the rockets will continue to trade the same #14 picks for pick 12, 16, 18 etc.... but yet not a high pick.. Owner and GM are your problems, but like I said you cannot fire the owner. attendance will continue to drop and so will tv/radio ratings..

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The Houston Celtics?

4. ncagg42

ncagg42 Member

Morey has won on almost every trade he has made. He has hit more than he has missed in the draft (at a very high percentage). And has found some solid NBA talent. He also got us 3 picks in the deepest NBA draft there has been in years.

He has failed to sign a big time free agent or trade for one the past few seasons.

The only team that hasn't failed to sign a big time FA is the heat.
    The only teams that hasn't failed to trade for one is the Nets and Knicks, and I personally think we are better off than both those teams.

I think you always have to look at the circumstances before you call for anyones head, I don't think anyone else could do better with the hand they have been dealt. Its not like we missed on a Durant or Lebron in any of the drafts since morey has been here.

5. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

Maybe we can bring him in as a power forward.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Good thinking, McHale is too much of a true PF, Bird would be a tweener...just like we like it.

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

My god, our fans are so bad.

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

So you advocate we wait for 9 years instead? FYI 6 < 9.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Is he 6'9?

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Take a look at Bird's body of work; unimpressive. At best.

Take a look at McH's body of work; depressive. IMHO, at least.

Take a look at Bratty Ainge's body of work; pretty impressive. Whoda thunk?!!

11. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

At his age he's probably down to 6'8...but I imagine he could still rain threes if he treated it as an All Star Game 3-point contest.

Just leave him down on the offensive end while all the other PFs play 4 on 5.

Long pass to Bird on all defensive rebounds.

Swish! Another 3...