1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the three picks!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Jun 28, 2012.

?

Grade the three picks Houston picked tonight

1. A

28 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. B

88 vote(s)
    31.4%
  3. C

77 vote(s)
    27.5%
  4. D

35 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. F

52 vote(s)
    18.6%
  1. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

lamb - just the best player available
    white - feel they can still get him with the 18th pick
    jones - really?

2. Nero

Nero Member

To answer this question, it becomes like that old joke:

Two hunters are in the woods. One of them is nervous about the possibility of coming across a bear, but the other one is not nervous.

Finally the nervous one asks, 'Why aren't you worried about a bear? You can't outrun a bear!'

To which the other hunter replies, 'I don't have to outrun the bear, I only have to outrun YOU.'

So it's like that.

Lamb, White and Jones. Those three guys only have to be better than three guys currently on our roster, and the team will be better than it was.

True, we still need a 5, but it's extremely doubtful that any 5 in this draft was going to help us right away anyway, with the possible exception of Davis, but of course that was never going to happen.

So, are there three guys on the current 15-man roster that our three picks can surpass?

That's the real question.

I don't know the answer yet, but it SEEMS that this draft opens the door for Martin and Scola to be moved, most likely in some kind of package or multi-team deal (Gasol? *cringe*) for a decent 5.

But it will be interesting to watch it play out over the next few months.. will we get Donuts here this year, will Morris finally get to have a rookie season, what happens with Lowry, can Parsons keep going, will PPat make strides..

But I do get the sense that we are going to very quickly warm up to Lamb and White, but Jones, maybe headed elsewhere in a deal, it's just too many new bodies.. not to mention Leuer, Brockman, and Livingston..

Sheesh.

3. H-Town Rockets Guy

Lamb-A
    White-B-
    Jones-C-

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

So I think I'm fairly consistent on my stance as a Morey supporter, his drafts the past two years have always made sense to me, and after Morey clowned everyone with the Landry and Brooks pick I've always given him the benefit of the doubt.

BUT WTF is up with this draft? Jeremy Lamb, Royce White and Terrence Jones are good picks in a vaccuum. IN A VACCUUM. In this draft this is beyond horrible, let me list the guys we passed on:

1. Tyler Zeller
    -WTF, this was supposed to be a Morey pick. Even if you're picking for assets, a straight up 7 footer is better than another ******* PF.

2. John Henson
    -If you want PFs then why not get this one? You know, someone who can actually block shots and defend the rim? WTF?!

3. Jared Sullinger/Fab Melo:
    -Honestly I prefer the Celtic's 2 picks to ours.

4. Perry Jones III:

-I'm definitely not a fan of PJ3, but why would we get Terrence Jones but then pass on this guy?

To be quite short I don't understand this draft, and if I was Les Alexander and Morey gave me this crap I would rage quit and be extremely tempted to pull the plug on all the newfangled $ball machinery the Rockets have invested in. WTF?!? If you're gonna swing for the fences and get questionable characters like Jeremy "dumb as dirt" Lamb and Terrence "I only have 10% chance of achieving my potential" Jones, then why not go all the way and get Perry Jones? Even better, why not go Jeremy Lamb, Tyler Zeller and Royce White? I like White and think eh could be Morris on steriods, but he'd still be around at 18.

This is what our draft should have been:

12: Henson
    16: Zeller
    18: Royce White (if you want safe)/Perry Jones (if you want to gamble)

^That would have an A+ draft, would have hit all spot and would have damned been more attractive than drafting yet another SG and two undersized PFs. WTF? WTF?!?!?

5. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I think you guys would have been happy if we got Zeller or Melo.

Too bad the Blazers took Leonard. We could have ended up with him at 16 and White at 18.

6. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

7. Raven

Raven Member

I don't have a problem with lamb, but Zeller and Henson were still on the board, but who cares because we're loaded with five and over sized fours.

Oh wait.....

8. jogo

jogo Member

I have to think we're trading for a C. I doubt Howard works out.

So....it's Gasol! And the whole board can complain. Something with Lowry and Scola going out and Gasol coming back.

We can't really go into the season with just Camby as our C, can we? And he's not even signed yet...

Oh yeah, G. Smith...

C Gasol
    PF Ppat/Leuer
    SF Parsons
    SG Lee
    PG Dragic

9. Husky

Husky Member

My reaction when I woke up and saw the picks:
    [​IMG]
    You already are logjammed at PF and u pick to more PFs. Are you ****ING SERIOUS. Rockets had a chance at T.Zeller and J.Sullinger and passed on both. Explain it to me please. Like the J.Lamb pick tought.
    Still you are not as ****ed as Raptros that's for sure. They picked ****ing Terrence Ross, who they could have grabbed with 16th if the trade happened.

10. cheaterwon

cheaterwon Member

Your right, I was griping just now and on the board, but you know what every year we complain and then they play and we are like yeah these guys are pretty good I guess Morey does know what he is doing. So I wont pass judgment yet at least not until the start of the season.:p

11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I'm excited about Lamb, but the other two guys are iffy for me.

12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Damn bro, never seen you this mad at Morey. Be patient, I'm a Morey critic but THERE JUST HAS TO BE ANOTHER MOVE COMING. IT JUST HAS TO BE.

13. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

so if Lamb and White are A's to you guys, what are MKG, Beal and Davis?

14. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

From 06-07-2012:

2/3. Just saying. :p

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Don't be an idiot.

At that point in the draft, those guys are A grades. Obviously, no one would pick Lamb and White with picks 1 and 2.

16. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

Thank God you aren't the Rockets GM. That would have been a terrible draft. Let's add some more roleplayers to a team that's void of a star.

I think at least two of Lamb, White, and Jones will turn into allstars. Morey knows this is a star driven league.

Also, explain how Royce White is safe??

17. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

we had to bring in 3 black players to the mix:grin: we were about to go all white.

18. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

pretty much me
    [​IMG]

19. southernconfort

My grade is a B.
    I am a fan of the Lamb pick cause to me he is a Kevin Martin type scorer that can actually play defense.

I agree with the White pick at 16 because at that point in the draft is when you take a gamble, and with that type of skill set, it is a prospect you can't pass up.

With that being said, why would you want to take Jones at 18, when we already have a gang of undersized 4's on our team. I would have perferred we picked Fab Melo with that pick because at least he is a prospect at CENTER... something we don't have.

Unless we picked Jones and are planning on trading him, PPat, Scola, or Morris when free agency comes, I don't agree with that pick