1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans 2012 NBA Draft Thread (6/28/2012)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 28, 2012.

1. ILoveTheRockets

It better be. I just want to shoot myself.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What?

Morey is trying to execute on his own plan, if he can not do that, it is more certainly his fault.

It is either his failure because he could not execute on the plan, or it is his failure that the plan sucked in the first place - making it too difficult to execute.

You don't get paid for a "Good try".....the results are all that matter.

DD

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

EXACTLY. In any real job, simply "trying hard" doesn't cut it, RESULTS are what matter.

4. junshao

junshao Contributing Member

You guys keep saying "Results" is the only thing that matters...

So let me ask you, what exactly are the acceptable results? Are they the goals you had in mind before the draft due to all the media hype or are they the goals set by the Rockets organization or Les Alexander himself?

The only guy who set Morey's goals or targets or KPIs like in the real world is his boss, Les Alexander. Whatever results you guys had in mind is irrelevant.

5. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RESULTS are what matters. Lowry, Dragic, Parsons...these are good players that were statistically analyzed by Morey's numbers people. You don't get these guys on the same team without that level of analysis. I want a star, but that will only happen through the draft. The next 2 drafts will yield plenty of marketable superstar talent. That should be the Rockets play. It's going to be a long 3 or 4 years before we are competitive again. God help us if we enter the Clippers zone of basketball purgatory and have to endure 10+ years of suckage.

6. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

The fans demand results GOD DAMMIT and we have the right to! We are paying for this product with our hard earned money, I buy merchandise and tickets and freaking league pass ever year, I will stop and put every ounce of extra cash into the Texans soon (that process has actually already begun).

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Results do matter; especially when your plan is to turn things around by packaging draft picks for an allstar. That is a risky strategy, not only because it's not in one's control, but also because it implies forgoing draft opportunities and delays the long-term rebuilding process. But last night, Morey did the right thing when the trades weren't available. He drafted talent and started our rebuilding process.

Here is the RESULT i care about next year: we must be a more talented team, we must have a couple players that we can point to and believe could be all-stars one day, and we must be more competitive at the end of the season than we were at the beginning (i.e. improvement through the season). If this happens, as far as i'm concerned, Morey is getting results! None of those things were the case last year.

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

Last I checked, it takes two people to make a trade.

Sure, Morey could have tried harder, but at some point, the term "fair" becomes "OH ****, I'm overpaying /giving up too much for ____ ! "

How is it Morey's fault if the trade partner didn't like what Morey had to offer? I'll bet he thought of as many fair trade scenarios he could think of, to move up in the draft. But the draft partners didn't go for it.

You shouldn't make a deal just to appease a group of internet posters.

9. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Rockets twitter page just tweeted the numbers of the new rooks.

Lamb #20
    White #30
    Jones #6

Motiejunas picked 20 last year, I guess he never technically owned it? I'd be pissed lol

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

^^
    May buy a Lamb jersey, love this kid.

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

3-4 more years? So you find 7 years of crappyness acceptable? Its shouldnt take anyone that long to rebuild a team. And you are never gonna draft a star if you pick the same god damn position year after year after year....

12. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I wouldn't buy a single jersey right now. They're all in play.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You realize how long it took teams like Seattle/OKC, Memphis, Minnesota to rebuild? Seven years are nothing.

14. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Me too, but I'm not buying a jersey till the season starts, lol

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

So we are now modeling ourselves after NBA powerhouse organizations like Memphis and Minnesota now?

And Seattle got Durant only a year after they were a really good team, so they at least had hope

16. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Yup. Hopefully Morey will start making a team soon. Still way too much fluidity with the roster.

17. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Love Lamb and White. The Jones pick killed it though. He will probably be traded with Lowry and/or Martin though.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

What...they had 35 and 31 wins the two seasons before drafting KD...

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

ok, 2 seasons, big deal, what's your point?

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That you were wrong and they didn't win anything for years and needed 5 years to even make the playoffs, 6 to get to 4th seed in WC?