1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Favorite Memory of Scottie Pippen?"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Steve, Sep 9, 2000.

1. Steve

Steve Member

Anyone got one? cuz i sure hell dont?

------------------
    "It wasn't a fight. He punched me one time, that's all. That's not a fight. I don't fight at 30,000 feet. I had an education." L8 vs Stack

2. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Just Two.

One, a sign during last years Portland game:

WE SURE MISS SCOTTIE (BROOKS!)

And the best one....he's an EX-Rocket.

------------------
    GATER

3. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

Him & his "Big Fat Butt" hating attitude LEAVING.

------------------

4. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

My favorite memory of Scottie is when he played his final game in the Compaq Center
    which was a playoff game against the Lakers.
    I think Pippen had 25pts and 21rebounds. Is this correct?

5. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Traded by the Rockets to the Portland Trail Blazers for Walt Williams, Stacey Augmon, Kelvin Cato, Ed Gray, Carlos Rogers and Brian Shaw on 10/2/99..

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

6. JT

JT Member

His first game wearing a Trailblazers uniform.

------------------

7. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

The door hitting his ass on the way out of town.

------------------
    Who would've thought Don Nelson would pass up Olumide Oyedeji not once, not twice, but thrice?

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Pippen had 37pts(career high) and 12 rbs in Game 3 against the Lakers. Then he reverted back to his garbage play in Game 4, where the series ended. My most memorable moment was when he dribbled the ball off his foot at the end of Game 1 to single-handedly lose the game and then whined like the little b**** he is that the loss was Chuck's fault. May the mutt bleed to death during his rhinoplasty for all I care.

------------------

9. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Can someone pull up his game 4 stats against the Lakers because I think he had 21rebounds in that game.

10. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Any late 80's footage of him getting his ass kicked by the Pistons.

LilFrancis- Quitten had 17 boards that game.

------------------
    WE WILL WATCH THEM FALL... Next year :(

11. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

When he was in his last year for the Bulls, Roderick Rhodes drove to the basket and was elevating for a ferocious dunk when Scottie came in to block the shot. He did get the block, but Roderick drove his arm back hard and practically disclocated his shoulder.

------------------

12. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

You took the words outta my mouth.

------------------

13. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

OK, don't kill me on this one, but we BBS'ers need to chill out on this subject (I feel guilty for posting that nasty little thing about him hurting his shoulder). I just realized that probably hurt and it isn't nice to wish pain upon people.

I'm not condoning Scottie's actions here in Houston, but I am saying that I understand. I don't care about what he said about Charles in an ESPN interview because Charles can be one of the most abrasive people on the PLANET. If I had to be in the same locker room I would go beserk. He is great to hear on the news, but if I had to listen to it day after day I would probably have gone for his throat. Yeah, Charles is down to earth when it comes to money, blah, blah, but he has an unbelievable ego. Clyde, the city's favorite basketball star, hated Charles too. Scottie just popped off about him once to blow off steam and try to get out of a crappy situation.

About his play - he came into the season with a good attitude. His attitude deteriorated over the year because he knew that he wasn't going to win a championship here. We can say all we want about how he is overpaid and can't carry a team, therefore he isn't worthy of our respect, but the truth is as follows. Everyone thought that he was going to win the MVP of the league when he came to the Rockets. That is why he was given that contract. The problem (which was completely unforeseable) was that Scottie's particular talents made him one of the ultimate triangle players, but not a such a good player in other types of systems. Is there something wrong with this? Scottie isn't to blame for his genetic make-up. Rudy didn't know this would be the case so why would anyone else? He started off the season working his butt off and trying to blend into our system. His attitude deteriorated when he realized he would NEVER be successful in Houston. If I thought my coaches would never be able to use me effectively and my career would end with a miserable 5 year decline into total crap I would start doing things to make sure that I didn't waste 5 years of my life. Steve Francis saw a similar unacceptable situation in Canada and made quite a few enemies because of it.

Truth is, I think that Scottie, when he played for the Bulls, was an amazing player to watch. He is the prototype of what a basketball player is. Tall and slender with long arms. He can cover the floor quickly with huge loping strides and can handle the ball with the skill of a 6'-0" player. He passes well, shoots well, and plays incredible defense. It is just too bad that it didn't work out for us here in Houston.

His only real fault is that he whines. I know plenty of people who are whiners when they are under exteme stress, but I don't dislike them.

------------------

14. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

Doc Robert,

I don't hate him either, but I don't respect him as a man. He came to a team that was geared around Dream in a strike shortened season. Rudy didn't have the time to change the offense to include him & Pippen didn't give him a chance to. He signed a monster contract, which he never got with Chicago, & didn't play up to his previous potential. Sure, he made some great plays, but overall he turned the ball over to much & when he was given open shots, he missed more than he made. I know that there is an adjustment period for any player coming to a new team, but you have to be patient. He apparently came in here thinking the team was going to feature him as the go to guy, which when Dream was healthy, wasn't going to happen. I feel that he wanted to get out from under MJ's shadow & realized after he came here, that he was expected to be a role player (albeit an all star role player) & support Dream's game. As far as Barkley, Pippen put up with the antics of Rodman to win another championship. Why couldn't he do the same with Barkley? Besides, weren't they supposed to be friends before he came here?

You may be right that he is more geared for the triangle offense, but how many teams use it? If he can't adjust his game to different offenses, then he might end up not even being an all star anymore. I don't think he gave Rudy enough respect for his coaching ability. Where would this team be now if Pippen had kept his mouth shut & let Rudy make the changes in the offense that he has since made?

------------------

15. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I should kick your online a$$ for making this thread!

[​IMG]

------------------
    I am the founding member of the Butt-Nekkid Party! White House here we come!

16. Rocket JJANG

Rocket JJANG Member

[/B][/QUOTE]
    Doc,
    I wouldn't totally blame Scottie for his poor showing but what Quitten shouldn't be excused for his verbal attack on Chuckie. Not only it was an insult to one of the most established in the league, but also it wrecked any chance of Houston winning the championship. Chuckie came here to win the TITLE, Pippen totally trashed that Dream. After all, NBA is a business, therefore he should of kept his personal feelings behind him and play to his best.

Remember we could have gotten either Rice and Horry package or Wallace IF he had kept his silence. Unfortunately for us, Pippen couldn't care less about the team, the Rockets meant nothing but **** for him. As a result of not being happy with Chuckie and Rockets, Pippen publicly accused Barkley of being lazy so that he would be traded.

The thing most arouse my anger was Pippen wanted to the MAN when we had Dream. Pippen was underestimating the importance of Franchise player, who played for this team in his entire career, and brought two championship. That is called DISRESPECT. Six rings doesn't give him right to look down on players. It's quite the opposite, his attitude towards the fellow collegues has erased my memory of Scottie being a winner.

------------------
    Hack a Shaq you'll be winning
    Hack-him you'll be dreaming.

17. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I'm really scared that you were able to find that!

[​IMG]

------------------
    I am the founding member of the Butt-Nekkid Party! White House here we come!

18. hetero doxy

hetero doxy Member

jjang-

the rockets NEVER could have gotten rasheed wallace for pippen- pass the crack pipe. just because portland is a small market, and just because a bunch of wannabee geeks tried to pronounce wallace a flop before he ever played in the nba, all that bull about him being "soft," doesn't mean the people who know about basketball haven't known since day 1 that rasheed is the man.

btw, my best memory of pippen was the first day he practiced with the rockets, when he arrived at westside in a stretch white lincoln. it was hideous- isn't anyone in houston hip? that sled was pure wayne newton or bob hope.

------------------

19. IndianPlaya

IndianPlaya Contributing Member

Pippen is a decent player, i must admit, but the biggest punk. He is the biggest hater. He dissed Barkley, who was supposedly his friend before coming here. He can't take responsibility for his actions, like he should have upon losing game 1. And above all, he is a worthless player, who can't do anything by himself, but has to have superstars with him to look good.

------------------

20. Rocket JJANG

Rocket JJANG Member

As a matter of fact Wallace was offered before Pippen started to talk about Barkley.
    The deal was refused because Sheed was not an established player then like he is now. The trade would have been unfair one to the Rockets in neutral's point of view.
    Obviously Rockets refused the offer, in order to work out a better deal...
    I'm sure there are a lot more people who knows more about this trade than me.

------------------
    Hack a Shaq you'll be winning
    Hack-him you'll be dreaming.