1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans 2012 NBA Draft Thread (6/28/2012)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Reportedly Kings won't trade 5th pick until their on the clock and only if Thomas Robinson isn't there on the board.

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

If not Dwight, I think I could live with this. Although I want nothing to do with Gasol but if it comes with gay and drum, I'll take it.

3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Our NBA draft is already a success in my mind... no matter what happens... stay seated, trade up, trade for star... to me it doeant matter...

4. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Or put more succinctly: Their egos are too big to realistically, and holistically look at their game and tweak/concentrate on the little things in order to improve, while already playing at a "high" level.

You can't be a scrub and make it to the nba, but you are judged relative to your peers ( and a lot of times the greats). The difference between average and good, and good and great is such. Chasing championships has also been proven to fuel amazing ball players to even greater heights. Just look at LeBron.

5. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.co...draft-rumors-orlando-magic-perry-jones-baylor

6. RocketsFan94

RocketsFan94 Member

Heck we could package Gasol for Smith

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nope, me neither. Looks like most of those teams are going to keep their picks(Sac, GS, Por, Tor). Things could change though but not confident.

8. RocketsFan94

RocketsFan94 Member

But then again Gasol gives us the low scoring presence we desperately need

9. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Sources said Charlotte is seriously considering North Carolina small forward Harrison Barnes, too. But the smart money is on a trade. The Bobcats continue to talk with Cleveland about swapping No. 4 for No. 2, with Charlotte surely pushing for as many assets as possible to go with it (the Cavs have the 24th, 33rd and 34th picks). Houston (Nos. 12, 16 and 18) and Portland (Nos. 6 and 11) are trying to land the No. 2 pick as well, according to sources. SI.com

10. southernconfort

TIME IS GOING TOO SLOW!!!

11. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Dwight Howard’s departure from the Orlando Magic seems inevitable, with sources close to the situation characterizing the relationship between the superstar and the organization as irreparable. Sources say Howard no longer wants to be in Orlando and he won’t give the franchise the long-term commitment they’re seeking this summer. Howard hopes to be traded and he has been exploring all of his options in recent days. HoopsWorld

12. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Most trades happen during the draft. Teams want to see what their pick options are before approving a pre-negotiated deal.

"If this then then that"

13. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

It's exactly like what Morey said... at this time, teams fall in love with what they could "possibly get" and it makes it very tough to make a trade with them.

At this point, if the Rockets make another trade, it almost certainly won't happen until after the draft starts.

14. chapinha_br

chapinha_br Member

I really don't like the fact that Howard won't resign with us. I like the way we are now, let's trade up and be happy

15. ThaShark316_28

Yep. If we see T-Rob get taken #2, SAC's dealing 5.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

My gut feeling right now is that while the Rockets could probably offer the Magic the best possible trade package for Howard, the Magic just aren't ready to trade. I think their GM just wants more time with Howard.

I think Morey will continue to keep his "assets in play" / "improve their worth". If the Rockets can't make a move for Howard tonight, I wouldn't be surprised if they make a move for him again at the trading deadline which might be a more comfortable time for the Magic GM to make a trade.

That said, if Howard is still in Orlando to start the season, that will probably be pretty awkward. (Maybe as awkward as a Howard presser in Houston if he doesn't want to be here)

17. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

That previous post i posted stated howard wants out now. He just wants to get out.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Pretty much. Once the top 4 players fall into place dejected GM's will come calling and Morey will be able to leverage them. GM's want to hope a top tier player (Davis, Gilchrist, Beal) will fall but when they don't they will want to trade back.

Except they will not get as much value as they would have by trading Howard now. The new GM will be blasted for losing value for Howard and will be left with S&T him to the Nets for almost nothing (Brook Lopez).

19. cheaterwon

cheaterwon Member

Is there anyway that we can trade up to the 2 and then somehow package that to the kings for Demarcus Cousins?

20. jdjd

jdjd Member

Not really a UNC fan, but while Rivers may have there measurements (not meaning trapped in a pg body literally) he doesn't have any of their shooting touch, nor the handles of Beal and Waiters.