1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

Yea... this movie is extremely underrated/promoted.

2. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

Just saw Hanna

DOPE movie. 7/10.
    The kid actors did a fantastic job lead by Hanna of course. It's Jason Bourne in the body of a 16 year old. I think most were expecting more actions scenes so they walked out disappointed but IMO the actions scenes between building the plot were packed and very enjoyable. Hanna gets her MMA on and certainly comes off as more realistic than Hit-Girls (although still awesome) man-beatings. Who ever the DP is did a beautiful job.
    Really didn't see anything worth complaining about other than tiny scenes where Hanna and a few others maneuver in dangerous situations and move in ultra unbelievable speed ie: A scene where hanna is in a man-hole and somehow winds up underneath a vehicle moving full speed over the man-hole. If you can look the other way for a few moments like that, then this film should be a great ride for ya

3. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

saw safety not guaranteed tonight...it was really good, a lot better than i was expecting.

mark duplass was fantastic. he had great chemistry with aubrey plaza, who somehow always seemed to have this look of dubious fascination...skeptical of the passionate outcast yet taken by him at the same time. i totally ended up buying them together, because kenneth...well, ended up being kind of a badass. and the ending was awesome. definitely recommend it.

4. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

Damn I'm excited to see this one..
    I've heard nothing but above and beyond great stuff about it and everyone I've talked to cryptically alludes to the ending. I vetty excite.

5. aghast

aghast Member

Very nicely phrased.

Yeah, the little half-smile Plaza has while jogging behind, looped eternally...

So where do you come down on the ending? Is love triumphant -- the journey a success? Or is love an all-consuming fire, a f----up of epic proportions, which vaporizes all willing to make the attempt?

I've gone back-and-forth all day, thinking about the ending at work.

Or, in the universe of the film, does it actually matter? Is it enough just to walk the plank, merely enough to get on the boat in the first place?
    Don't know about you, but I'll be slipping, "My calibrations are flipping pinpoint," into as many work conferences/team meetings as I can over the next few weeks.

6. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Prometheus- 0/10

7. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Conquest of the Planet of the Apes, 1972.

An interesting movie -- pretty low budget, though. Had some great scenes, especially Caesar's speech at the end. I'd give it a solid 7/10.

8. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

LOL.. That bad? Haven't seen it so I wouldn't know

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

It's also on YouTube, FYI.

Watched it yesterday during lunch. Very well done. I actually teared up a couple of times. Went home last night and played with my boys for a good 2 hours straight. Actually forgot to eat dinner!

Loved the part with Flea and his daughter. Also the Everclear singer and his kid.

Great movie.

10. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

i thought it be at least a decent movie

boy was i wrong....

11. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

21 Jump Street - 8/10
    Excellent mindless entertainment

12. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

it was pretty brilliant how you basically watched her humor him the entire movie. the vague mentions of 'lasers' and 'calibrations' were great too...then the belinda revelation and "wait, i guess he really was crazy" - all setting up the payoff perfectly.

i just loved the scenes duplass and plaza had together. i know a couple guys who remind me of russell - the kind that wears his lack of confidence on his sleeve, and you can say anything complimentary about anyone in their presence and they feel the need to one-up the other person or prove their manliness in some way. predictable, and yet endearing. i appreciated plaza's subtle deflated reaction when kristen bell says "i was just being nice...we all know guys like that, right?" i understood what attracted her though. even when erratic or misguided, passion is magnetic.

i guess what i got from it is that people can surprise you, love is most authentic in its imperfections, seize the moment, take the leap, all that good stuff. the ending harkens to endless possibility. i definitely walked out of the theater smiling.

edit: d'oh, just saw you already reviewed it. good stuff.

#3312 finalsbound, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  13. liljojo

liljojo Member

Watched Safety Not Guaranteed yesterday as well, mostly because I think Aubrey Plaza is the finest girl in the business. I wasn't expecting much, but it turned out to be a darn good movie. Excellent music too.

7.5/10

14. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

Moonrise Kingdom-9.5/10

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

U tripping.

Prometheus 8/10. Fascinated and some what of a refreshing movie. Came out the theater looking at the sky looking for my creator. My shredded alien cousin had to be a dick.

16. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TED -- 7/10
    Funny, but has its moments of meh-ness

17. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Prometheus - 3/10 - When I saw the 0/10, I was like... no way. This is Ridley Scott. Well, not quite 0/10 but I was extremely disappointed in it. I gave it an extra 1/10 to see Charlize Theron's ass in tight pants.

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

saw it couple weeks ago and thought it was great. I love Aubrey Plaza. Mark Duplass and Jake Johnson were also great

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

War Horse: 8/10. Would be 8.5 or 9 if it wasn't so long (2 1/2 hours).

20. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Tear jerker...good movie though. 8/10