1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kings want Motiejunas packaged with picks for 5th?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Third eye

Third eye Member

Lmao at people..yes of course! Duh! Lol :cool:

2. Rockets_Fan15

Rockets_Fan15 Rookie

Trade Kyle, Pat, maybe D-Mo, and 12 for Tyreke, Chuckwagon, and 5.

3. Microfridge

Microfridge Contributing Member

We'd be giving up too much. Lowry and Evans are on the same tier of "borderline all-stars" that can be a good number 2 or 3 option on a contender. I love Chuck as much as anyone here but that's downgrading our assets. D-Mo has high potential and PPat's number suffered because of an injury.

4. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

DMo is a 7 foot beast. He is still 21, and has already had an extra year to develop in Europe and also win a PLK championship. I'm not trying to overvalue him or anything, but imo if we want a player that would produce immediately then it would be DMo. I believe DMo can have a better career than whoever is chosen at 5, even if its Drummond

1 person likes this.
  5. clos4life

clos4life Member

Nah, I don't think I would do that unless I'm one 100% it nets us Howard. If it's guaranteed it will net us Howard then yeah, otherwise I don't think so.

6. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Even if we miss drafting a player because a team selects him... we could still trade players and stuff... it'll happen.

7. Ashes

Ashes Member

[​IMG]

8. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

The title says DMo with our picks for the 5th. I might do 12, 16 and 18 for 5 but throwing DMo in as well is overpaying for 5 in this draft. I'd give you Cousin's buddy but thats it.

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Not really up for grabs at all. Seems pretty clear cut. #5 in a good draft > #20 in a bad draft.

10. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Wow. Way to completely oversimplify the situation.

11. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Sorry, not happening Sacramento. If you guys want Motiejunas, then we gotta start talking Cousins.

Either wise his off-limits!

12. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Really? :rolleyes:

Cousins who has shown in the NBA that he has star potential for Donuts who we all assume has star potential without seeing him play a minute in the NBA.

13. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

:rolleyes: Wow. really guy!?

I was JOKING. I know they're not trading Cousins, who in the right mind would. Specially for an unknown asset as Motiejunas.

But in the same token there's no one in the top 5 (outside of Davis) in this draft, that has the skill level, experience and physical tools that Motiejunas brings to the table.

14. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

My apologies if this has been asked on the thread and I missed it, but, if Donatus was coming into the league now and was in this draft, where would he go? Or, put it another way -- who would you rather have, Drummond or Donatus? Or, Lillard or Donatus? Or Barnes? I think there are only 4 clear cut players that I would definitely want more than Donatus -- so, unless he is sent to the Kings without much else accompanying him, I would be somewhat disappointed. I certainly wouldn't give him up along with Lowry and multiple first rounders just to get #5 and Evans (who I would rather not see in a Rocket's uniform) -- UNLESS there is already a deal in place to flip the stuff from the Kings for Howard.

15. RedNation

Can't joke pre-draft. Very serious time for us all.

So you weren't joking? ;)

16. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Thomas Robinson.

17. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

They better Give us Reke and Hayes plus the #5 if they want D-Mo:mad:

18. teebone21

teebone21 Member

see you guys tomorrow for a RAGE session because rockets are drafting 3 rookies with no more trades coming

19. RedNation

Would you bet on that?

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah but how many times have we heard about a good draft only to find out it was not one?

I am for keeping Dmo a left handed big with his quicks is a really rare thing.

DD