1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Charles Jones did what?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vince, Sep 9, 2000.

1. vince

vince Member

He hit those 2 huge free throws in the playoffs to decide the series.

A guy that did not get the just due in the championship run. No justice like there was to elie and Casell.

Jones was huge in the playoffs!!

------------------
    The guns are cocked and the soldiers are in place, it's time to march and let the battles decide the war.

2. hetero doxy

hetero doxy Member

i completely agreee.

jones leaned on shaq and wore him out. his long and storng frame was very important to the rockets. it was similar to what rodman did against shaq the next year. in fact, i think the reason shaq finally elevated to the best player in the game was he committed to becoming physically stronger.

------------------

3. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

I had so much fun cheering for Charles Jones.

All he would do is foul Shaq, Robinson, etc. and the fans would go crazy for him.

------------------

4. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Jones came in and completely schooled David Robinson in game 4 of the Western conference Finals in '95. He played for like six minutes, and got like 4 blocks and 6 points... He had a defensive zone that was just nuts... [​IMG]

------------------
    "There are three kinds of lies:
    Lies, Damned Lies, and STATISTICS..."
    - Mark Twain -

5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Actually Charles Jones was a DARN good defender - unfortuantely he could never hit a shot outside of 1' - and sometimes he missed those... but those long, swatting arms!!

------------------

6. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Doc,
    That's what I meant when I said he had a defensive zone... He got into that zone on a consistant basis, not just in that one game. Extremely specialized player, but then, that's why they kept him around...

Heh, fantastic play I'll never forget was the last game I believe of the '96 campaign. Beautiful alley-oop to Charles Jones from Pete Chilcutt. I'm going to tell my grandkids about that play. [​IMG]

------------------
    "There are three kinds of lies:
    Lies, Damned Lies, and STATISTICS..."
    - Mark Twain -

7. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Yea, how tall was he again?!

[​IMG]

------------------
    I am the founding member of the Butt-Nekkid Party! White House here we come!

8. verse

verse Contributing Member

charles jones had more career fouls than points. that, alone, should put you in the HOF (Hackroids of Fame).

------------------
    miles ahead of the rest

9. Gascon

Gascon Member

I remember that play, Dark Horse!

I had forgotten all about it.

I still remember the wierd looks I was getting in that Wisconsin sports bar where I saw it when I started yelling like a maniac.

That was cool.

------------------
    Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead.

No, wait, not me...you.

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

I've met Charles and he was extremely nice -- like a genuinely nice guy.

11. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

True, true. The guy can also put away some Coronas like you wouldn't believe!

------------------
    I am the founding member of the Butt-Nekkid Party! White House here we come!