1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Drive - 8

Strangely reminds me Miami Vice in many ways. A nice, interesting take on the typical suspense film.

2. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I just watched that last night, It was wierd, in no way a comedy I give it a 6/10. I also watched Charlie Bartlett last night, big mistake. It started off like it would be at least alright but it got much worse from there 2.5/10.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Seeking A Friend for the End of the World - 6.5/10

Not quite what I expected but it was different, a little slow at times but not bad.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The Grey: 7/10
    Very grim movie. Not for the wife or kids.

5. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

John Carter 7/10

Better than I thought and I did totally enjoy it even though a bit cartoony at time. Disney really screw this one over with their terrible marketing.

Real Steel 4/10

What a total turd and annoying main characters.

6. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Indie Game: The Movie

9/10

I'd highly recommend the flick if you are into documentaries, gaming, the creative process, or just watching nerds pull their hair out trying to meet deadlines.
    It's an often times inspiring and empathetic insight into independent game makers as artists, and their long, lonely, and agonizing process to create their games, to get them out into the market, and, through their game creations, to make a (deep) connection with the end users.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Ghost Rider: Spirit of vengeance
    5/10. Very poorly done. Worst than the first one.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

didn't even know that was possible. I think that a general rule of thumb should be to steer clear of Nick. Cage.

9. Spooner

Spooner Member

Just watched The Tree of Life tonight.

8/10.

Perhaps a little too ambitious, but I appreciate the originality. Overall, very well done.

10. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Love the OST solely for the song played during Kaneda's, um, scene, which they remixed in Kick-ass. One of my "recent" favorite Sci-Fi flicks.

11. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Just watched The Mist again on Syfy. I almost forgot just how much I liked it.

8/10

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Tree of Life was the biggest joke of a movie I've ever seen. Its the only movie with the distinct pleasure of receiving a 0/10 from me. Beyond stupid, I'm not sure I would even call it a movie

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Safe House: 7/10. I'm not a fan of Ryan Reynolds and this wasn't Denzel Washington's best at all.

14. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

The Other F Word.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zZkWHZ3hJtY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Very enjoyable look at Rock/Punk Rockers that have become fathers and how they have been changed by it. 8.5/10

It's on Showtime on Demand now and is airing a lot right now on the various Showtime networks.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Brave

It was OK. Visually beautiful, but the story really hit a snag for a good 20 minutes. Still, it's worth seeing.

6/10

16. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Contraband - 7/10. entertaining.

17. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

I saw this a couple of weeks ago. Well done.

18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Battle Royal enjoyable bloody Asian import, can see why a lot of people think The Hunger Games kind of lifted a lot of parts from it. B-

19. aghast

aghast Member

Safety Not Guaranteed - 4 stars, 10/10, Perfect.

Starring Aubrey Plaza (I can think of a lot of better actresses, but no one embodies the cynically romantic as well), a Duplass brother, and the grizzled dude from that surprisingly well-written Zooey Deschanel tv show.

This is a perfect little movie, written by some alchemist from the kernel of this old gag personals ad:
    [rquoter]WANTED: Somebody to go back in time with me. This is not a joke. P.O. Box 322 Oakview, CA 93022. You'll get paid after we get back. Must bring your own weapons. Safety not guaranteed. I have only done this once before.[/rquoter]It rolls along as this quirky little indie comedy. Enjoyable enough, yes. But all along it's been perilously reaching for something more, a sleight-of-hand, and with its ending attains the truly sublime.

It is about loss, love, starting over. And above all, it is about regret for all those, and the possibility of atonement for that regret. It is, in short, majestic.

You will walk out of this movie with at least a twenty-minute-long priapism for life.

If you bring a date to this movie, and you do not get laid afterwards, you will never, ever sleep with that person. If for some reason you did not bring a date to this movie, you will find one for the next showing, or, at least momentarily, believe you can.

Also: do not read any reviews before going in. Unspoiled, it is a revelation.

1 person likes this.
  20. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

perfect would be 5 stars.