1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 NBA FINALS - Heat vs. Thunder

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by 713, Jun 9, 2012.

?

Predictions?

1. Heat in 4

4 vote(s)
    1.1%
  2. Heat in 5

14 vote(s)
    3.7%
  3. Heat in 6

48 vote(s)
    12.7%
  4. Heat in 7

31 vote(s)
    8.2%
  5. OKC in 4

15 vote(s)
    4.0%
  6. OKC in 5

32 vote(s)
    8.4%
  7. OKC in 6

170 vote(s)
    44.9%
  8. OKC in 7

65 vote(s)
    17.2%
  1. watashi315

watashi315 Member

Wrong, OKC have played their best basketball except Miami didn't back down. Furthermore, the games are so close, it always comes down to 1 or 2 stupid plays or missed opportunities in the end. Unsurprisingly, Fisher has been part of many of those lately

2. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

umm do u even watch the games? Harden playing like a scrub isnt OKC playing their best basketball

3. watashi315

watashi315 Member

Believe me, I'm no Miami fan. I am rooting for OKC the whole way, and yes, I have been following each game very closely on TV. A few of my friends also claim OKC has not played their potential but my assessment is that Miami is simply playing at a higher level in this series. They're playing team ball 60% of the time (Wade-Lebron 40%) while OKC has resorted to a lot of ISOs and one-on-one since Miami's defense shut down the lane. Just look at all the desperation 3s that Durant/Fisher/Harden/Westbrook have jacked up during the last four games. A lot has to do with the youth and inexperience that comes with such a young team. On paper, they seem like a deeper and more powerful team than Miami but they lack the mental edge. Which is why Boston took it to Miami a lot harder. Never underestimate the heart of a veteran (unless your name is Derek Fisher). :grin:

4. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

The "1 or 2 stupid plays" are one of the key reasons I say they didn't play their best basketball, cause they are usually very capable of handling clutch moments. We have seen it in the Mavs, Lakers and Spurs series, and even in the first two games of this series.

5. Zackery

Zackery Member

Call me nuts but I think the Thunder can still come back and win this series. They have yet to play their A game. If you think about it, they only need to win tonight's game and then the pressure will be on the Heat.

The Heat won 1 game in OKC, now the Thunder need to win a game in Miami. After than happens then the home court advantage should be in Thunder's favor.

6. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I agree. I was looking at Harden's & Durant's eyes and demeanor in that last game. I saw no fire or determination, only helpessness. OKC is wilting under the pressure of playing on the big stage. Miami knows what it takes to win because last year, they were here and let it all slip away. Now it's OKC's turn in the pressure cooker. I fully expect them to be right back here next year only by then, they will know, like Miami, what it takes to win it all.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

One of these games Lebron's jump shot will fall in. He isn't a great jump shooter, but at least a 40% one and he is shooting like 10%. Law of averages say he should shoot better. What will OKC do then?

8. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

BUT law of averages also say he chokes in the finals. :rolleyes:.

Wait, unless you are talking about the average of this year's finals, then 10% sounds about right...

9. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

James Harden had made two shots in 3 of the 4 games. That alone is enough to say that okc isn't playing their best ball. Miami isn't forcing him to miss wife open 3s, lay ups and free throws

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You were funnier as Rowdy Ricky - now - not so much.

:)

DD

11. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

The BBS was better when you were banned - now - not so much.

:)

RR

1 person likes this.
  12. HoustonRockets

good call.

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

That's false.

14. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Oh YEAH OH YEAH

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Magic sounds like such a moron. Wilbon asks him a question and Magic doesn't even answer it at all, just "..this is Thunder chance, this time for them win, lot pressure!"

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Durant vs Juwan

who will get that trophy first?

17. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

if the heat win get ready to see a lot of new threads talking about lebron and his ring. book it

18. what

what Member

This is it. Congrats Lebron.

Bad news, once he gets this ring he is going to be even more of a beast next year. Bad for the league.

19. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Sing it little kid.

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Tonight maybe the last time NBA all star Juwan Howard will play a game let's all sit back and watch greatness for possibly the last time