1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stupid kids on bus harass bus monitor until she cries.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jacoby, Jun 20, 2012.

1. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

I say lock them in the bus with the guy that showed up at the Sandusky hearing. They will never take the bus again!

[​IMG]

2. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

LOL at the people thinking this lady raising her voice would have had any effect on these kids. If anything it would have just escalated.

3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Terrible thing to do by those kids, and they will certainly have punishments.

As for the bus monitor, she allowed the kids to bully her by not enforcing things from the start. She's been working as a bus monitor for 3 years, so who knows what those little snots did to her before this video, but she had to take control of the situation in the beginning. Unfortunately, she didn't and it allowed the kids to walk all over her.

4. paulftsk

paulftsk Member

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I thought this was par for the course. I only took a school bus one year of my life, in the 5th grade. We ('they', because I was a sweet quiet boy) were terrible kids, and the bus driver could do nothing to control the situation. And, one day, she announced it would be the last day that she would be driving the bus. She was quitting because we were such terrible rotten children. Everybody cheered. We were atrocious.

Anyway, I only rode a bus that one year, and I just assumed that's what it was like everywhere all the time. After all, the bus driver is too busy driving to deal with anybody, they can't smack anybody, and they can't ditch you on the roadside. How else would children act in a situation like that?

6. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

They could just bar the kids from taking the school bus any more. That's the threat that keeps kids in line.

7. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

Can they really? How do the little turds get to school then

8. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Kids these days. There should be a punishment held for each one of them that makes them cry too.

9. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I don't know that a bunch of teens letting off steam after or in between class necessitates national outrage, or any beyond the sphere of parents or even just district personnel. I'm not sure why the bus has an adult monitor separate from the driver, but in her position as a social outsider with no real authority, this seems like an inevitable situation.

10. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

corporal punishment + Facebook/Twitter generation of kids + young teachers = TROUBLE

11. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

To the people saying that she needs to have tougher skin, yeah y'all can go ahead and shut up. Maybe being confrontational isn't in her demeanor. Maybe she has gotten so tired of it, she has given up the fight. And maybe she didn't want it to escalate. Whatever the case may be, all I need is 10 minutes with those kids. !0 minutes and I guarantee they won't utter another insult for the rest of their lives.

Is this what kids have turned into? In my opinion, every one of those kids on that bus are at fault. Not one of them stood up for the lady. I rode the bus back in the 7th and 8th grade and granted while we were a loud bunch, we were NEVER a vicious and mean bunch like these ass wipes. I just don't understand it. The human race is sadly deteriorating.

12. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Kids in that age range act like this and have always acted like this. Not sure why this is a story. I was more surprised that the job of bus monitor actually exists.

13. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

The harshness of the children's actions and the woman's respectful response was probably what made this news. Bus monitors are needed since the driver cannot really do anything when they are driving, granted this woman could not do much to stop the kids from hurling insults but at least they were not physically doing anything.

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yeah I know kids back in the days were never vicious to people different from themselves.....:rolleyes:

15. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I don't think one person in this thread said she's needs to have tougher skin. Everyone is saying that she needs to learn how to handle kids if shes going to be in this profession. Most teachers crack because they don't know how to do it.

It's not her fault, but kids are the scum of the earth and need to be dealt with like a pack of wolves.

[​IMG]

16. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Fair point. But to video record it and post it on Facebook like you accomplished something? What does bashing an old lady accomplish? And let's not pretend like things haven't gotten worse in the past 100 years.

17. Dei

Dei Member

18. JD88

JD88 Member

Not sure if posted yet, dont want to read through the whole thread...

http://www.indiegogo.com/loveforkarenhklein

This website has raised $96,000 for Karen Klein to retire and quit her job. She makes $15,000 a year to monitor the bus. I donated. Great cause.

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

They would be impersonating you five minutes after you left the room and be that much meaner to every other fake authority figure they dealt with for the next year.

20. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

If I didn't give my seat up for a lady, or elder, when I was younger, my grandmother would've open a can of whoop de butt on me! Then taken me home and let my uncles teach me about respecting my elders.

And I was raised in one of the toughest parts of Australia...(in before the..'where the kangaroos are 6'7" and wear boxing gloves)

SMH, how much can a koala bear?